Phantoms used in war sadly
2848 8 2017-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dan UK
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Photos taken in Mosul, Iraq, appear to show grenade-dropping drones used against the Iraqi security forces.
The improvised weapons consist of a plastic tube attached to a consumer camera drone to carry explosives.
Have they modified the motors?
Full BBC item here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-38663394
2017-1-19
Use props
Jetpilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70748 ft
United States

I think it will only be a short time before military and even police have jammers that will completely jam the signals over defensive positions or over larde events or locations that are sensitve or secure.
2017-1-19
Use props
Dan UK
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Yes drone frequencies are easy to jam. Not easy to shoot down I guess when it's really high.
2017-1-19
Use props
Dan UK
lvl.1

United Kingdom

There's a whole report on this by the Armament Research Service HERE
COVER-e1455800120525.jpg
2017-1-19
Use props
Dan UK
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I guess this discussion isn't really relevant for this forum even though Dji drones were used it's just not relevant to support and other topics here.
Moderators please delete these posts as you see fit. (And the other on I did by accident!)
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It is sad to see these units get modified for uses like this. Like others have mentioned, the frequency coming from a P4, for instance, would be pretty easy to jam. There are some government or high tech buildings in certain cities that do that already.
2017-1-19
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

War in general is sad ....
The earliest recorded use of an unmanned aerial vehicle for warfighting occurred on August 22, 1849, when the Austrians attacked the Italian city of Venice with unmanned balloons loaded with explosives
This is hardly a new concept.. As easy as FPV drones are to build these days,  they will be common place in future warfare.
There will be technology used for Jamming the signal..... and then there will be software developed to unscramble the jammers.
Sadly most of the greatest innovations came about in order for man kind to slaughter one another.
I hope for the best , i would be content if all war on this earth vanished, however it will not. All technology in existence can be used for either good are evil....  The fact that this drone might have had DJI written on the side ultimately means nothing.
2017-1-19
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

I saw a quick news clip on CNN about this last night.  I have no doubt that DJI isn't thrilled to have their P4 appear on TV in the hands of ISIS.   Too scary to think of other things (biological warfare powder) even a small drone could drop on a mass of people.
2017-1-20
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-1-20 05:32
I saw a quick news clip on CNN about this last night.  I have no doubt that DJI isn't thrilled to have their P4 appear on TV in the hands of ISIS.   Too scary to think of other things (biological warfare powder) even a small drone could drop on a mass of people.

I'm sure they are not thrilled about it either..... but other then quite producing drones there is not much DJI  can do about it.
DJI are not the only suppliers of UAV technology... in fact other then camera platforms they aren't even really the preferred choice for a lot of task.
We live in a world where UAV technology is becoming mainstream... lots of kits and components available to make them.  If someone is savvy enough to improvise an explosive device ..... building an fpv quad isn't that big of a leap. Other then controlling the exports to Middle East... there isn't much you can do.

I hate the fact this technology is being used in this manner.... but it is what it is..
2017-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules