Updating P4P AND P4P+
2167 10 2017-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Just updated P4P AND P4P +... Few dronists complaint about the new update so I took some pictures during the update so you can see how fast it was.

I always used my IPHONE6 S+ because I was never able to update the firmware using my MINI2.

I did the P4P update with IPHONE6 S+.

I receveid a MINI4 today, so I used I wanted to see if the I can finally use a table t to update... and it went very fast, around 14 minutes between download and firmware update. Check the time when it start and when it ends.

I then did the P4P+ update. Same thing no more then 14 minutes and ready to fly.

Finally we had a beautfuI day so I end flying both drones for over 3 hours and it was perfect! No video problems, no gimball problems, no compass problems.

P4P+ 3

P4P+ 3

P4P+ 1

P4P+ 1

P4P+ 2

P4P+ 2
update8 .jpg
update7 .jpg
update6 .jpg
update5 .jpg
update4 .jpg
update3 .jpg
update2 .jpg
update1 .jpg
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thanks for sharing with us, glad to hear you have great experiences on the flight.
Looking forward the videos and pictures!
2017-1-20
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

So you're flying both P4P and P4P+? Do you see any problems with Android platform on P4P+ as compared with iOS and your iPhone on P4P? Just curious, contemplating neat concept of P4P+...
2017-1-20
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-1-20 00:57
So you're flying both P4P and P4P+? Do you see any problems with Android platform on P4P+ as compared with iOS and your iPhone on P4P? Just curious, contemplating neat concept of P4P+...

Aloha Dobmatt,

The Remote Controllers are also sold separately.  Depending on which one you have, you can buy the other one and then all you have to do is link the bird to whatever controller you want to use to fly.  Linking is really fast and easy these days.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-20
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-1-20 00:57

Yes I do fly both but I never used any Android tablets or phone. I use P4P+ with no ISSUES as well as the P4P. I use P4P+ in bright SUNNY DAYS. It really really help with shoot.

I use the P4P during the afternoon or cloudy days. I tried the MINI4 after updating the drone yesterday with the P4P and am still not happy with the MINI4 screen. I thought the screen would be a lot brighter than the MINI2 but I will still go back to my IPHONE.

Again I had no issues with AC, controller or flight, or videos, or stills!
2017-1-20
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

ePetLicensing.c Posted at 2017-1-20 07:33
Yes I do fly both but I never used any Android tablets or phone. I use P4P+ with no ISSUES as well as the P4P. I use P4P+ in bright SUNNY DAYS. It really really help with shoot.

I use the P4P during the afternoon or cloudy days. I tried the MINI4 after updating the drone yesterday with the P4P and am still not happy with the MINI4 screen. I thought the screen would be a lot brighter than the MINI2 but I will still go back to my IPHONE.

Let's make sure we're on the same page ... The P4P+ version has RC with build-in tablet, running on Android OS, right? The other P4P you owe is controlled with either iPhone or MINI devices, right?

If the above is true, did you had any issues with P4P+ and Android version of Go app as compared to a typical "wired" tablet/phone configuration for P4P?

BTW (pardon my curiosity) - the super-bright screen of P4P+ controller wasn't the only reason to owe 2 birds. I assume?
2017-1-20
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-1-20 11:06
Let's make sure we're on the same page ... The P4P+ version has RC with build-in tablet, running on Android OS, right? The other P4P you owe is controlled with either iPhone or MINI devices, right?

If the above is true, did you had any issues with P4P+ and Android version of Go app as compared to a typical "wired" tablet/phone configuration for P4P?

I mentioned NOT using any Android phone or tablets for information and that is why I mentioned at the end that with using P4P+  (which uses the Android system) I did NOT encounter any problems with flying, videos or anything else with P4P + .

Again, I can't vouch for Android because I never used one before P4P+.

I purchased both, P4P, and P4P+ because first I put an order for the P4P+ because I wanted the latest version plus the BRIGHT display but It was delayed and the P4P was available from a local store so I purchased because I needed it for a job but few days later I received the P4P+ from DJI and decided to keep both as a backup so I don't have to wait weeks to get one back from repairs.

Protect animal population. Spay or Neutered your Pet!
2017-1-20
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

ePetLicensing.c Posted at 2017-1-20 11:22
I mentioned NOT using any Android phone or tablets for information and that is why I mentioned at the end that with using P4P+  (which uses the Android system) I did NOT encounter any problems with flying, videos or anything else with P4P + .

Again, I can't vouch for Android because I never used one before P4P+.

Thank you for clarification.

As for now I don't owe any (pet), but when I do I'll definitely ask for your service ...
2017-1-20
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-1-20 12:37
Thank you for clarification.

As for now I don't owe any (pet), but when I do I'll definitely ask for your service  ...

Most important... read the manual top to bottom, review the GO AP top to bottom. Always check your AC, BEFORE FLIGHT AND AFTER FLIGHT, and my motto will always be,

Safety comes First, Fun comes Second!.

In regards to pet services I don't provide any of the services but I like to promote education about pet protection by licensing and neutering them. Millions of dogs and cats are being euthanized every year because they get lost with no tags so they can get back home and animal shelters can only hold them for few days and then they are euthanized .

Protect animal population. Spay or Neutered your Pet!
2017-1-20
Use props
Moises Arias 0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9602789 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

How can I upgrade? DJI GO 4 Android App: V 4.0.1 for me Phantom 4 pro + I have signal problems
2017-1-22
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Moises Arias 0 Posted at 2017-1-22 20:52
How can I upgrade? DJI GO 4 Android App: V 4.0.1 for me Phantom 4 pro + I have signal problems

Moises,

It should be the same process. Make sure you have fast internet connection and follow the instructions.

Otherwise give us little more detailed about your issue.

"Protect animal population. Spayed or Neutered? and License your Pet!"
2017-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules