Micro SD card hard to lock in to place in drone
1199 4 2017-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Harborseal
lvl.1

United States

I finally got my maiden voyage today.  Everything worked flawlessly except for 1 thing.  It took 5 - 10 tries pushing the micro SD card into the slot before it would lock in.  Am I the only one with this problem?  I'd hate to have to return it for this but if it got any worse this minor problem could cripple the drone's usefulness.  Any maintenance I could do without voiding the warrantee?  Thanks.

2017-1-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Are you one who happens to have nails that allow for you to push it in all the way on the first go? I've found that I've had to push it in a tad further than my finger would allow.
2017-1-19
Use props
Harborseal
lvl.1

United States

I'll try using a pen next time, thanks.  It's been too cold or windy here to fly lately.  
2017-1-28
Use props
Wellsi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This seems an annoying 'improvement' to the Mavic over the Phantoms.  Connecting the USB cable to transfer media is way too slow and I've always ejected the Micro SD card and transferred to my laptop that way.
Nothing to return your drone for; it's the way it's designed.  Use a small plastic pointed stick or a flat wooden lolly stick to get it in and out easily if your nails are too short (like most blokes' nails would be )
2017-1-29
Use props
Arockstar2
lvl.1
United States

Unfortunately on my Phantom 4 the locking mechanism in the micro SD card slot stopped working and now the card won't stay in. For now I've gotten around it by placing tape to hold it in.   Not sure that it would be worth it to send it in for repairs and not see it for a month over this minor issue.  
2017-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules