Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Daedalus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 557552 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

Hello

I have an offer to swap my Mavic Pro for an Inspire 1.

Reasons i am leaning towards a swap :

1) Better wind resistance
2) Better image quality
3) Prosumer product

Reasons i lean against it :

1) Newer product
2) Newer futures
3) Portability
4)Battery time

What do you think ? anyone who owns both ?

I am a very casual- hobbyist but i was always ''attracted'' to Inspire.
2017-1-19
Use props
JulianX4
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Nobody can make this decision for you.  
Ask yourself, do you need the image quality of the Inspire over portability of the Mavic?
Have you reached any limits with the Mavic where you think the Inspire can solve it for you? If yes, go for it, if not stay with the Mavic.
2017-1-20
Use props
FF6022
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have both. But if I got rid of one, it would be the inspire. As I never take it with me but the Mavic just sits in my bag. The inspired image is brilliant but with 15min flight times and similar time to set up it just not worth it unless your doing more pro. Work. I'm keeping mine as I do more pro. Like work for a buddy, ( well I try). But I have the luxury of both.
2017-1-20
Use props
TKP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

For a casual/hobbyist, stick with the Mavic, it's quicker to set up and less hassle carrying around. I can see why you are interested in the Inspire, the quality is really good but unless you're heading towards doing work in that field that requires higher quality, there's no need for it.   
2017-1-20
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

That's like comparing a Prius to an Audi R8, or some other large, sport luxury car. Totally different.

I actually own a Prius, and drive it as my commuter car to work. It's small, easy to drive in traffic, and gets great fuel economy, and it's just me in there, so it works great. I also have an Audi R8 and a Mercedes E350, both of which are much nicer, much larger, more expensive cars, but I still drive the Prius more, because it fits my daily driving needs better. Now if we are going on a family vacation, towing the boat, or going to dinner with friends, I the Prius is parked. Now, if I was in a position where I could only own one single car, I would likely own something like a Toyota Highlander Hybrid, where it is the middle ground, and could do all of it's tasks reasonably well.

The same is true with these drones. A Mavic (like the prius) and and Inspire (like a sport luxury car) are completely different, serve different purposes, yet there is a place for both. Ideally, you want both, but if you must choose one, YOU need to decide what your personal needs are. But for a single drone, that middle ground may be the P4Pro (like the highlander).

At my level, I am sticking with the Mavic, though I had a P4 and loved it too. For me, personally, the Inspire is just too much (like the Audi R8).

Curious to hear what you decide, as ANY DJI drone is a GREAT drone.
2017-1-20
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Id get a P4Pro instead of the Inspire, but if your looking for portability then Id get keep the Mavic. Inspire is just too big for me and shorter flight time.
2017-1-20
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Here is a good comparison video.

2017-1-20
Use props
Mooney
lvl.3

United States

Is it me or did the Mavic video look the best?
2017-1-20
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Mooney Posted at 2017-1-20 08:17
Is it me or did the Mavic video look the best?

I think P4P looked best Mavic was pretty good, like he also stated the Mavic isnt the best in low light. A video when its sunny would be great.
2017-1-20
Use props
Daedalus
lvl.2
  • >>>
Cyprus

Thank you for your replies everyone - i will decide by tomorrow.
2017-1-20
Use props
Daedalus
lvl.2
  • >>>
Cyprus

I thought to post if anyone would like to know : I have decided to trade up my Mavic Pro for the Inspire 1 ( plus some cash from my side)

My observations so far are the following.

Inspire 1 is no where near the ease of use compared to Mavic.

Inspire 1 is far more stable in all weather conditions.

Inspire 1 camera has more F stops and no need for tap to focus. ( Zenmuse X3)
Inspire 1 battery life is lower vs Mavic Pro ( much lower)

Inspire 1 already gave me a couple of part assignements, i am not sure why..perhaps people consider the looks an important function.

I am missing all the great features of a newer product but i feel the inspire is much more reliable ( build wise and overall resilence.)

2017-1-24
Use props
willhay555
lvl.2
Flight distance : 481755 ft

Gotta love the guy banging on about his car collection in far more detail than his actual response to the question.

Oh, and don't forget the boat.
2019-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules