"Come fetch your Inspire 2.... " What to check??
771 8 2017-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JWC P4 P
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

I got a call this afternoon to fetch the I2 I ordered.  There is one available and I'm 1st on the list.  If I do not want it now, it will go to nr. 2 on the list.  I wanted the Combo but it is not available, so the only option now is to buy the I2 and X5S separately (one of each in stock).  No SSD available yet and it was mentioned that I could get it later when available.

I've been reading this forum each day.  There seems to be only a limited number of members that already have the I2.  It is difficult to judge...  some are not very happy and the rest do not say much (enough) to gauge the WOW factor.  

Two questions:  1.  Do I wait and let nr2 on the list get the I2.
                          2.  If I take it, what do I check before leaving the store?

I read on this forum about issues with the rods holding the motors that have "movement" - loose...  Then there are the propellers that are vibrating . loose - some too tight.  Issues with the landing gear....  What else?

Your comments highly appreciated.

2017-1-20
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

I can't answer your question about 1st or second inline . but what I will say is I have been waiting OVER 2 weeks (I2 Grounded) because my inspire came with props that were to small to fit onto the peg (motor side) I have been told that this was a beta testing prop and somehow managed to be accidentaly put in my combo pack for DJI.
I am not alone in this matter and personally I think it would be better to be flying without ssd card and reader etc etc than have everything except the props. It's a bit like being a kid in a candy store with no money!

Good luck with what ever you do.
Karl

ps last picture is the props that are on a slow boat from Melbourne (6 days road transport) Yet the Inspire combo only took 3 days to get from China to Perth Western Australia. then 1 week for customs to release it due to an invoice error from DJI

Small hole

Small hole

large peg

large peg

side by side

side by side

what the prop should look like

what the prop should look like
Clearance delay.jpg
2017-1-20
Use props
MadFrenchie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 914711 ft
United States

I am the proud owner of an Inspire 2, and let me tell you I haven't had ANY problems with it at all.   I've flown it in temperatures as low as Negative 20 degrees with NO issues.   

I received my second remote on Monday, and flew a few dual operator missions without any issue at all.   

If you asked me.. I was say pull the trigger and go for it.   

I went with the combo package with Licenses.   
2017-1-20
Use props
JWC P4 P
lvl.4
South Africa

Coigreach Posted at 2017-1-20 09:14
I can't answer your question about 1st or second inline . but what I will say is I have been waiting OVER 2 weeks (I2 Grounded) because my inspire came with props that were to small to fit onto the peg (motor side) I have been told that this was a beta testing prop and somehow managed to be accidentaly put in my combo pack for DJI.
I am not alone in this matter and personally I think it would be better to be flying without ssd card and reader etc etc than have everything except the props. It's a bit like being a kid in a candy store with no money!

Valuable input!  Thanks!!
2017-1-20
Use props
JWC P4 P
lvl.4
South Africa

MadFrenchie Posted at 2017-1-20 11:30
I am the proud owner of an Inspire 2, and let me tell you I haven't had ANY problems with it at all.   I've flown it in temperatures as low as Negative 20 degrees with NO issues.   

I received my second remote on Monday, and flew a few dual operator missions without any issue at all.   

Thanks for your reply!
2017-1-20
Use props
fans82a02d84
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8049101 ft
  • >>>
United States

Still testing mine. I've got just under 2 hours of flight time on it.  Still determining image quality as I haven't had much for weather etc.  Aircraft seems to fly with amazing stability, very predictable in flight path etc.  I had an issue during my 3rd flight that for some reason the landing gear wouldn't lower.  Forced to do a hand grab which I'm comfortable with, aircraft motors shut down as normal after catching, I went to remove the camera so I could set the rig down in travel mode without hurting the camera and gamble.  When I detached the camera the battery was still on and the landing gear decided to lower.  Charged batteries, flew later that day no issues, flew 3 more times and no issues to day.  Much to learn, test, etc.  I must say, very fun to fly and amazing stability thus far.
2017-1-23
Use props
JWC P4 P
lvl.4
South Africa

fans82a02d84 Posted at 2017-1-23 15:50
Still testing mine. I've got just under 2 hours of flight time on it.  Still determining image quality as I haven't had much for weather etc.  Aircraft seems to fly with amazing stability, very predictable in flight path etc.  I had an issue during my 3rd flight that for some reason the landing gear wouldn't lower.  Forced to do a hand grab which I'm comfortable with, aircraft motors shut down as normal after catching, I went to remove the camera so I could set the rig down in travel mode without hurting the camera and gamble.  When I detached the camera the battery was still on and the landing gear decided to lower.  Charged batteries, flew later that day no issues, flew 3 more times and no issues to day.  Much to learn, test, etc.  I must say, very fun to fly and amazing stability thus far.

Thanks! I'd really like to hear what you think of the footage...
2017-1-24
Use props
Kailani1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192185 ft
Italy

MadFrenchie Posted at 2017-1-20 11:30

ei ciao

Did you have already the SSD card? I'm waiting for, since dicember... plus 2 battery and SSDstation ...
2017-1-24
Use props
JWC P4 P
lvl.4
South Africa

I went to the dealer this morning.  The I2 was there....  The props went on and off OK.  Once on, I could feel the slightest of "play" on all four - which could be normal. I'd say about zero play on the two struts, so that seems OK too.  The props are made of (black) plastic - I thought I read somewhere it was carbon fibre??  

The X5S camera was there too and has to be bought separately.  Only later will the SSD be available (and of course the licenses) as this is not a combo.  I have till tomorrow to decide.  Big $ to spend....  So, what should I do??  Help me over this cliff!!!!
2017-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules