Is Trackimo real time update or every minute?
2442 4 2015-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
teedo757
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1870 ft
United States

I bought a GPS tracker but it's not totally reliable so i'm wondering if anyone with the trackimo tracker knows if it truly updates in real-time or if it updates at minute intervals.

p.s. The search function on the forums stinks. I know we had a thead open about gps trackers but I cannot find it......

2015-2-17
Use props
Swerve
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I think this might be the thread you're looking for http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=4652&lang=en
2015-2-17
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

The fastest it will update is in 1 min intervals.  If you turn the unit on and request an update or updates based on time intervals it may take a few minutes to report its GPS location. It will 1st use a mobile network (cell tower) and report it is searching for a more accurate GPS based signal. The mobile networked location might be off as much as 1/2 mile (depends on where the cell tower is) but again it will let you know it is trying to get a GPS fix.  

The longest I have ever had it take to get a GPS signal is about 3 mins.  The mobile nework access only seems to happen when the unit is first turned on or it has been sitting with the tracking interval set to off. I usually leave my tracking interval set to off until I am ready to fly.

Once the tracking interval is turned on and it acquirers a GPS fix that fix remains accurate to about 20 feet (at least on my unit).  The red dot in the picture below is where the Traclimo actually is vs. where the blue icon says it is (it is inside my house on the first floor).

Also the battery does not report all the levels from 100 down to 0. It only reports 100, 65, 35 & 10, 0% it takes days for my unit ti go from 100 to 65%.

Trackimo3.jpg
2015-2-17
Use props
teedo757
lvl.3
United States

JATO Posted at 2015-2-18 02:40
The fastest it will update is in 1 min intervals.  If you turn the unit on and request an update or  ...

Thanks for the info. It sounds a lot like my tracker but with better web software. Mine will update on 1 minute intervals but since it puts everything to sleep in between sending an updated location when you query its status it gives you GPS:Sleep most of the time. It's still cheaper then a prepaid tmobile service. I'm assuming it runs on ATT cellular network. Does anyone know for sure?
2015-2-17
Use props
teedo757
lvl.3
United States

Swerve Posted at 2015-2-18 01:19
I think this might be the thread you're looking for http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&ti ...

Thanks!
char10
2015-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules