Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Oil Tankers
997 7 2017-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kevin16
lvl.4
Flight distance : 353642 ft
Australia

This was shot in 4k but downscaled to 1080p.  I don't think I'm ready for 4k.  It takes too long to edit.

2017-1-20
Use props
A1000
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149760 ft
United Kingdom

Nice footage, land on one of those big 'H's on the deck by mistake and you might not see your Mavic for a while
2017-1-20
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Nicely done, enjoyed the time-lapse segment -- was that a kayak boater near the tail-end of the time-lapse? The night shots were nice, too. I'm not sure I could get away with that kind of flying in the states. I get yelled at for shooting industrial sites from public roads.
2017-1-20
Use props
TrevorSK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

You say it takes too long to edit. What are you using? I have a Mac and it's very slow. I want to know what's the easiest fastest system for editing video. I may upgrade my Mac or just get different editing software.
2017-1-21
Use props
BentonJoyce
Second Officer
Flight distance : 234318 ft
United States

Great footage! I Love the way the sky looks in these shots!
2017-1-21
Use props
Kevin16
lvl.4
Flight distance : 353642 ft
Australia

Thanks all.  Yes, that was a kayaker.  He seemed to be timing it well so that he would be able to get behind the tanker when it took off and catch some surf.

I use a 2012 iMac and recently upgraded to an SSD drive.  Makes a big difference.  People will tell you to just use proxy files when using Final Cut Pro x as it's much faster.  It is but then you are editing on a very low quality view.  I might upgrade to a newer 5k iMac later in the year but 1080p will do for now.
2017-1-21
Use props
Tharg (from the
First Officer
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Must have been a nightmare to get CASA approval on this one!

How did you get them to agree to the risk assessment to fly over a loading oil tanker with a non ATEX/IECEX certified UAV for a Combustible/Explosive risk area?

Oh no wait a minute.....let me guess......you just thought it would be cool !!!!
2017-1-21
Use props
kari5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3448 ft
Finland

Nice footage
Would have edited away some of tilted horizon, yea mavic bug
2017-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now