Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[UK] Mavic orders from sellers - Maplin, Jessops, Drones Direct etc.
123Next >
8732 106 2017-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brela
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5755 ft
United Kingdom

OK here is what I know today from my own experience and looking at the DJI Mavic forum...

Drones Direct does not appear to have dispatched a single Mavic. Apparently they prepaid for 500 units. Customers also have already been charged by them.

Maplin are only getting something like 10 fly more combos per week on average. Note: I am going by my position in the queue for this one. It is also possible that they are getting less than that and people are cancelling their orders!

Heliguy have only received 55 units so far.

Jessops are only up to October 6th with their orders.

Wex Photographic has people waiting still since early october.

...Meanwhile DJI are shipping new orders to customers direct with reasonably quick delivery!

I'm sure many of you like myself are hanging on to orders with sellers due to the significant price increase since we ordered.

Discuss...

2017-1-20
Use props
Brela
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Oops *Maplin - mod please feel free to edit!
A decent response from DJI would be nice too.
2017-1-20
Use props
Big Daddy Davee
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3963 ft
United Kingdom

Any ideas about Apple UK?
2017-1-20
Use props
Brela
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Not heard anything about Apple UK orders recently...I think they are in the same boat though.
Maybe someone else on the forum knows something? Anyone?
2017-1-20
Use props
Big Daddy Davee
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thanks. This would be a good post to keep updated so the UK folk can find out what the crack is easily and all in one place.
2017-1-20
Use props
Brela
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Big Daddy Davee Posted at 2017-1-20 16:06
Thanks. This would be a good post to keep updated so the UK folk can find out what the crack is easily and all in one place.

That's the plan.

When did you order from Apple UK?
2017-1-20
Use props
fansf0297d82
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ordered from wex Early November, indicate it maybe March before delivery, no guarantee. With the latest news that supplies to  accounts are to stop in favour of dji on line, even this looks doubtful. Any shift back to dji store iiiiiwill cost £100
2017-1-20
Use props
Brela
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Yes it would cost me in excess of £100 to re-order from DJI direct too. It's not fair.
2017-1-21
Use props
Wellsi
Captain
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Drones Direct are breaching distance selling rules if they have charged people in full for drones not yet dispatched.  They can only charge when they are actually shipping, irrespective of what they have paid upfront themselves for.  So if I had ordered from them I would defo be cancelling and re-ordering direct as direct orders are definitely shipping in around 2 to 2 & 1/2 weeks from order.
Just a shame it's £100 more now than when ordered pre Dec.  
2017-1-21
Use props
Brela
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Wellsi Posted at 2017-1-21 02:49
Drones Direct are breaching distance selling rules if they have charged people in full for drones not yet dispatched.  They can only charge when they are actually shipping, irrespective of what they have paid upfront themselves for.  So if I had ordered from them I would defo be cancelling and re-ordering direct as direct orders are definitely shipping in around 2 to 2 & 1/2 weeks from order.
Just a shame it's £100 more now than when ordered pre Dec.

Hi Wellsi

I had a look online but couldn't a distance selling rule they have breached? Could you link me to something about it? Cheers

In other news (according to another forum user I just replied to) Maplin are apparently receiving 800 Mavics at the end of the month...we have heard that before though! Fingers crossed anyway.
2017-1-21
Use props
AndyY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14537 ft
United Kingdom

The Distance Selling Regulations were replaced in 2014 by the Consumer Contracts Regulations. That Act does not stipulate about payment taken before supply but it is normally against any merchant agreement (for cards/online payments)the seller has with any banks to charge before the goods are available for supply.

As I chose to place an order with a UK based retailer so I know where I am with legal protection rather than enter into any contract with DJI I'm stuck in the Amazon debacle since late October and I just feel like cancelling altogether (I don't need a Mavic, it was just a nice-to-have); no-one has come out of this fiasco with any dignity, least of all DJI in the derisory way they have treated resellers.

Maybe I'll buy one when the hype is over and there's an oversupply leading to discounts before any successor is announced. Maybe I won't.
2017-1-21
Use props
Brela
lvl.3
United Kingdom

AndyY Posted at 2017-1-21 05:37
The Distance Selling Regulations were replaced in 2014 by the Consumer Contracts Regulations. That Act does not stipulate about payment taken before supply but it is normally against any merchant agreement (for cards/online payments)the seller has with any banks to charge before the goods are available for supply.

As I chose to place an order with a UK based retailer so I know where I am with legal protection rather than enter into any contract with DJI I'm stuck in the Amazon debacle since late October and I just feel like cancelling altogether (I don't need a Mavic, it was just a nice-to-have); no-one has come out of this fiasco with any dignity, least of all DJI in the derisory way they have treated resellers.

Thanks for the info Andy - I'm not sure who to contact about that. I might have a chat with my bank to see what they have to say about it.

I've pretty much given up with Drones Direct. I know DJI is 100% to blame but DD customer support has been really poor.

I placed my second order with Maplin last month when some lucky people were getting Mavics next day delivery from them. I am very satisfied with the quality of the customer service provided by Maplin. They don't BS and are transparent. I too would prefer to purchase from a UK company so I will stick with them I think *fingers crossed*
2017-1-21
Use props
AndyY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14537 ft
United Kingdom

Brela Posted at 2017-1-21 10:49
Thanks for the info Andy - I'm not sure who to contact about that. I might have a chat with my bank to see what they have to say about it.

I've pretty much given up with Drones Direct. I know DJI is 100% to blame but DD customer support has been really poor.

Yes; definitely worth a chat with your bank Brela if DD won't do a refund (if that's the route you wish to go). At very least the money should be back in your account rather than theirs.

From Citizens advice - https://www.citizensadvice.org.u ... snt-been-delivered/

"Get your money back

You can ask for your money back if you don’t receive the item either:

within 30 days of buying it
on the date you agreed with the seller - if it was essential to receive it by then (eg for an event then or shortly after)
If the seller refuses to give you your money back, you should put your complaint in writing - follow their complaints procedure if they have one.

If that doesn’t work you could:

contact their trade association - look on their website for this information, or contact them to ask
use an alternative dispute resolution scheme - it’s a way of solving disagreements without going to court, where a third party will mediate to try and reach a solution
You might also be able to get your money back through your bank or payment provider - this depends on how you paid.

If you paid by debit card

Contact your bank and say you want to use the ‘chargeback scheme’. If the bank agrees, they can ask the seller’s bank to reverse the transaction and refund the money back into your account.

Many bank staff don’t know about the scheme, so you might need to speak to a supervisor or manager. They might ask you to put your request in writing. You should do this within 120 days of when you paid.

If you paid by credit card

If the item cost less than £100, you should contact your credit card company and say you want to use the ‘chargeback scheme’. They could also ask you to put your request in writing. There’s no time limit for when you need to do this.

If the item cost more than £100 but less than £30,000, contact your credit card company and say that you want to make a ‘section 75’ claim to get your money back.

If you paid using PayPal

Use PayPal’s online resolution centre to report your dispute. You must do so within 180 days of paying."

Good luck!
2017-1-21
Use props
Airobotix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

Brela Posted at 2017-1-21 10:49

I've bought my last 4 Phantoms from Maplins, they're good people to deal with, but this time my order is with DJI
2017-1-21
Use props
Wellsi
Captain
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AndyY Posted at 2017-1-21 10:57
Yes; definitely worth a chat with your bank Brela if DD won't do a refund (if that's the route you wish to go). At very least the money should be back in your account rather than theirs.

From Citizens advice - https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/somethings-gone-wrong-with-a-purchase/if-something-you-ordered-hasnt-been-delivered/

Well done fella.... spot on info...
2017-1-21
Use props
Brela
lvl.3
United Kingdom

AndyY Posted at 2017-1-21 10:57

From Citizens advice - https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/somethings-gone-wrong-with-a-purchase/if-something-you-ordered-hasnt-been-delivered/

Hi Andy
I was wondering more about if I could keep my order with them but get them to return my money back for now. I did ask them before and their response was: "I can refund the full amount for you but I would not be able to maintain your place in the queue nor guarantee the price "
Drones Direct are happy to sit on my money for 5 months and not even tell me my position in the order queue! Think I will offer to add to the reviews on trust pilot and see if that changes their mind.

I am aware of this protection but thanks for sharing the info anyway
I don't think it would be an issue getting a refund from Drones Direct - looking online my understanding is that people did not have a problem with that.

I'm just annoyed at the prospect of having to spend £112+ more elsewhere now or cancelling a second set of plans I had for the Mavic.
2017-1-21
Use props
enc3phalon
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I ordered with Apple UK on the 18th of November which was delivered on the 5th of Jan.
2017-1-21
Use props
Ginter Grey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1119347 ft
United Kingdom

I had an order with drones direct with March delivery which I canceled when DJI promised 10 day dispatch. Drones Direct credited the money back to my credit card quickly and without quibbling.

What's more DJI are delivering my mavic on Monday.
2017-1-21
Use props
Brela
lvl.3
United Kingdom

enc3phalon Posted at 2017-1-21 14:31
I ordered with Apple UK on the 18th of November which was delivered on the 5th of Jan.

Thanks for contributing to the thread.

Big Daddy Davee when did you order from Apple?
2017-1-21
Use props
Brela
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Ginter Grey Posted at 2017-1-21 15:30
I had an order with drones direct with March delivery which I canceled when DJI promised 10 day dispatch. Drones Direct credited the money back to my credit card quickly and without quibbling.

What's more DJI are delivering my mavic on Monday.

When did you order from Drones Direct? Also how much more did you end up paying in the end?

I'm hopefully getting one from Maplin soon...hopefully...fingers crossed.
2017-1-21
Use props
Brela
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Has anyone received a Mavic from Drones Direct? Anyone?
2017-1-22
Use props
Big Daddy Davee
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Brela Posted at 2017-1-21 16:00
Thanks for contributing to the thread.

Big Daddy Davee when did you order from Apple?

My order from Apple UK was 10th Jan.

I did have an order previously with Drones Direct but I didn't believe a word that they were telling me so I cancelled that one. DD took payment as the Mavic was listed as in stock, which was inaccurate. They backtracked on the purchase and tried to offer me an alternative, probably to keep the business (which they lost). They spun the whole 'you will lose your 'place in queue' thing at me and told me April so I moved over to Apple (where I get the Mavic for £898 after discount).
2017-1-22
Use props
Brela
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Big Daddy Davee Posted at 2017-1-22 04:49
My order from Apple UK was 10th Jan.

I did have an order previously with Drones Direct but I didn't believe a word that they were telling me so I cancelled that one. DD took payment as the Mavic was listed as in stock, which was inaccurate. They backtracked on the purchase and tried to offer me an alternative, probably to keep the business (which they lost). They spun the whole 'you will lose your 'place in queue' thing at me and told me April so I moved over to Apple (where I get the Mavic for £898 after discount).

Thanks for the info.

Wow that is a pretty nice discount! Student discount?
2017-1-22
Use props
rotormasher
lvl.1
Flight distance : 162021 ft
United Kingdom

I had an order with Amazon UK from the 4th of November when it was showing stock for the combo and after all this time waiting with nothing happening, I decided to cancel my order!

It's been a joke and I make DJI at fault for this, they are clearly milking the full profit cow without a sense of pride for customer values, sick of it.

Hope you guys have better luck.
2017-1-22
Use props
Brela
lvl.3
United Kingdom

rotormasher Posted at 2017-1-22 05:26
I had an order with Amazon UK from the 4th of November when it was showing stock for the combo and after all this time waiting with nothing happening, I decided to cancel my order!

It's been a joke and I make DJI at fault for this, they are clearly milking the full profit cow without a sense of pride for customer values, sick of it.

Yes DJI are at fault and they clearly care more about money than the retailer partners and their customers who helped them get where they are today.

I feel bad for the companies who are being kept in the kept in the dark by DJI while receiving negative reviews from customers and having their orders cancelled in favour of DJI Direct!

On the forums and support chat DJI staff are actively telling people to cancel orders with their partners and order direct from them instead.

They don't care if customers have a discount with company X or ordered from company Y months ago for less than the current cost.

The whole situation stinks.
2017-1-22
Use props
rotormasher
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Brela Posted at 2017-1-22 07:48
Yes DJI are at fault and they clearly care more about money than the retailer partners and their customers who helped them get where they are today.

I feel bad for the companies who are being kept in the kept in the dark by DJI while receiving negative reviews from customers and having their orders cancelled in favour of DJI Direct!

I won't be buying direct from them, in fact I don't think I'll buy anything from them at all.
2017-1-22
Use props
Brela
lvl.3
United Kingdom

rotormasher Posted at 2017-1-22 09:24
I won't be buying direct from them, in fact I don't think I'll buy anything from them at all.

Understandable rotormasher!

I don't think I've ever experienced such a ridiculous situation with a company before.
2017-1-22
Use props
rotormasher
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Brela Posted at 2017-1-22 09:58
Understandable rotormasher!

I don't think I've ever experienced such a ridiculous situation with a company before.

Yes, shame that they have great hardware but are still miles away from a reputable company when it comes to communication with their customers!
I have a few of their models but this mavic situation has made me very unhappy about it all.
2017-1-22
Use props
Andyg01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 256624 ft
United Kingdom

Mine came from Apple .. I actually paid AFTER it arrived .. All good.

Ordered Late Nov 2016 arrived 1st week Jan 17
2017-1-22
Use props
Big Daddy Davee
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Brela Posted at 2017-1-22 05:10
Thanks for the info.

Wow that is a pretty nice discount! Student discount?

It's an employee discount. You know these sites that employers give to employees with discounts for gyms, shops etc.? It's from one of those. No brainer in my book even if it takes a while to deliver however I am interested in getting it sooner if possible, hence my interest in this thread.
2017-1-22
Use props
Brela
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Andyg01 Posted at 2017-1-22 10:53
Mine came from Apple .. I actually paid AFTER it arrived .. All good.

Ordered Late Nov 2016 arrived 1st week Jan 17

Thanks Andy for contributing to this thread.

Have fun with your Mavic!
2017-1-22
Use props
Brela
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Big Daddy Davee Posted at 2017-1-22 11:08
It's an employee discount. You know these sites that employers give to employees with discounts for gyms, shops etc.? It's from one of those. No brainer in my book even if it takes a while to deliver however I am interested in getting it sooner if possible, hence my interest in this thread.

Ah I see

Good luck to you! I hope everyone in the same boat as us can continue to update in this thread so we are better informed of the situation.
2017-1-22
Use props
Big Daddy Davee
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Yeah, if I hear anything, I will post it here.
2017-1-22
Use props
Brela
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Anyone looking to escalate their complaint with Drones Direct (Buy It Direct):
http://www.buyitdirect.co.uk/content/complaints.asp

If after contacting us you feel we still haven't resolved your complaint satisfactorily, please email or write to our Group Head of Customer Service.

Email: headofcustomerservice@buyitdirect.co.uk

By Post:
Head of Customer Service
BuyitDirect.co.uk
Neptune Way
Trident Business Park
Leeds Road
Huddersfield
HD2 1UA
2017-1-22
Use props
willhay555
lvl.3
Flight distance : 481755 ft
United Kingdom

Brela Posted at 2017-1-22 13:22
http://www.buyitdirect.co.uk/content/complaints.asp[/td][/tr]
[/table]

And the point?
2017-1-22
Use props
willhay555
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Brela Posted at 2017-1-22 13:22
http://www.buyitdirect.co.uk/content/complaints.asp[/td][/tr]
[/table]

And the point?

There is no contract until despatch and they have no stock, so what would you have them do?
2017-1-22
Use props
Brela
lvl.3
United Kingdom

willhay555 Posted at 2017-1-22 13:27
And the point?

There is no contract until despatch and they have no stock, so what would you have them do?

Hi Will

Drones Direct has already taken our money so I am pretty sure that a contract exists? Their customer service is unwilling to share any information with us. They also do not appear to have dispatched a single Mavic which is very odd.

Ordering with them has been a very different experience to Maplin who have so far provided good, transparent and fast customer service to me.
2017-1-22
Use props
willhay555
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Brela Posted at 2017-1-22 13:34
Hi Will

Drones Direct has already taken our money so I am pretty sure that a contract exists? Their customer service is unwilling to share any information with us. They also do not appear to have dispatched a single Mavic which is very odd.

Ah, I had no idea people had paid.Shocking.
2017-1-22
Use props
Brela
lvl.3
United Kingdom

willhay555 Posted at 2017-1-22 14:10
Ah, I had no idea people had paid.Shocking.

Yup I got charged early November!
I am only hanging on because of the difference in price. I don't fancy paying £112 more!  
2017-1-22
Use props
Brela
lvl.3
United Kingdom

willhay555 Posted at 2017-1-22 14:15
I ordered from Very at the pre-increase price less 20% for new customers; £1,005.00 for the fly more.

When did you order?
Very are not taking any Mavic orders presently right?

Good luck with your second order!
2017-1-22
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules