Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to rotate camera left/right?
53657 16 2017-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lector
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755751 ft
Lithuania

Hello, it can sounds like a dumb quiestion but I can not find how to rotate camera left or right? I got my Mavic recently and now I am learning how to operate him before my first take off. I know that to rotate it up and down you have to use left wheel under the RC, but how about left right? Thak you for answering
2017-1-20
Use props
Spooled
New

United States

Hi Lector - you cannot rotate the camera left or right on the Mavic.  You would need to rotate the aircraft.
2017-1-20
Use props
devGOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 200577 ft
United States

Turn on FPV mode under the gimbal settings. that will turn the gimbal
2017-1-20
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.4

United States

Spooled is correct. There is no way to turn the camera left and right. You just turn the whole drone.
2017-1-20
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Read the manual NOT once, Not twice but at least THREE TIMES then you will know how to turn the camera to the right or to the left... or NOT.

Read the manual, practice in the app for all kind of scenarios and then fly at low altitude and then do more practice.

Protect animal population. Spay or Neutered your Pet!
2017-1-20
Use props
fans4bb72d94
lvl.1
Flight distance : 787 ft
  • >>>
United States

The DJI Googles allows you to move the Camera left and right without rotating the aircraft.
2017-7-12
Use props
Tealk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

only with remote you cannot rotate the camera left or right ... with DJI Googles you have head tracking
2017-7-12
Use props
StianGel
Captain
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

It is possible to rotate the gimbal with the remote, but there is not alot of movement.
Under Gimbal settings, tap Advanced settings and enable Gimbal Pan Synchronous Follow.
2017-7-12
Use props
RCNJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

fans4bb72d94 Posted at 2017-7-12 08:41
The DJI Googles allows you to move the Camera left and right without rotating the aircraft.

It's a fixed gimble, with goggles its fpv so looking left banks the craft left etc, not the camera, that's up/down, the rest is mavic.
2017-7-12
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Wrong you can select from two modes - one which turns just the camera and another that turns the aircraft (airplane type steering).

There is a number of YouTube videos that show these modes clearly!

Regards

Mike
2017-7-12
Use props
Asainz320
Captain
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

RCNJ Posted at 2017-7-12 09:52
It's a fixed gimble, with goggles its fpv so looking left banks the craft left etc, not the camera, that's up/down, the rest is mavic.

I thought the same thing for a while until I saw some videos of the goggles on youtube. The camera does turn left or right independently from the drone, but I've only seen this happen when the drone is stationary and not flying forward. You need to select one of the specific flight modes on the goggle to use this feature.
2017-7-12
Use props
fans07f5686f
New
Flight distance : 13488 ft

United States

Haha well I got a mavic my self. Thanks for answering my question though!
2017-9-27
Use props
VisionFlyte
New
United States

For the Mavic 2: Place your finger on your phone screen, and drag right and left. The camera will pan along.
2018-9-13
Use props
djiuser_TCr2MsOgTqaN
New

United States

Perfect.  Thank you.
2018-12-7
Use props
HedsIc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

VisionFlyte Posted at 9-13 10:07
For the Mavic 2: Place your finger on your phone screen, and drag right and left. The camera will pan along.

What he said. I do not believe it works on the original Mavic though, just the Mavic 2 (or at least the Mavic 2 Pro, not sure about the zoom)

2018-12-7
Use props
Alex B.
Captain
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

HedsIc Posted at 12-7 08:50
What he said. I do not believe it works on the original Mavic though, just the Mavic 2 (or at least the Mavic 2 Pro, not sure about the zoom)

[view_image]

The zoom camera can also turn from left to right just like the mavic 2 Pro.

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-7
Use props
squardis
lvl.1
Netherlands

you can drag on your screen to move the camera of the drone.
Would be nice if you could add it to the mini stick though! @dji
2019-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules