Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AnDiego Air
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240702 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi guysThis is my first official post!

Visiting Seattle next week, any recommendations on where i can fly and get some decent skyline photos?

Thanks in advance
2017-1-20
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft
United States

As you may or may not know, There was a recent crash of drone into the space needle. Much hub-bub over this event.  There are some parks in the Seattle area that might work for you but with so much air traffic (Boeing field, Seattle intl. airport, Renton mun. Pane field and float plane that fly very low.
I think you would be advised not to fly in the city.
I have lived here in Settle for over 20yrs and just can't think of where you can fly safely.
I have 5 acers attached to my house so that's where I fly so far.  I'm very board with this but waiting for spring and summer to travel to mountains and get
more range and subjects.
So....Please don't come here and make things worse then they already are.   
2017-1-23
Use props
AnDiego Air
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Odan Posted at 2017-1-23 07:55
As you may or may not know, There was a recent crash of drone into the space needle. Much hub-bub over this event.  There are some parks in the Seattle area that might work for you but with so much air traffic (Boeing field, Seattle intl. airport, Renton mun. Pane field and float plane that fly very low.
I think you would be advised not to fly in the city.
I have lived here in Settle for over 20yrs and just can't think of where you can fly safely.

Thanks Odan
For sure not trying to rock the boat over there which is why i will go with your suggestion of not flying near the city
2017-1-23
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
United States

Here in Seattle/ King county/ state...rules state....No fly in city parks...no fly in state parks. no fly in city.
It sounds bad and then toss in all the airports here and it seems even worse.
There are some places where no one would complain but that's where power lines cut through the hillside and that's a crappy place to fly.
I have a great view of Mt Rainier and areas just south of Settle. It's a class D fly area and if you want, you can stop by my house and scope it out. you might get some
very nice shots of sunrise or sunset here.
When you get here give me a call and I'll let you check out the location....5 archers
Just give me a PM here at the forum and we can hook up and see what we can do for you .
2017-1-24
Use props
AnDiego Air
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Odan Posted at 2017-1-24 07:04
Here in Seattle/ King county/ state...rules state....No fly in city parks...no fly in state parks. no fly in city.
It sounds bad and then toss in all the airports here and it seems even worse.
There are some places where no one would complain but that's where power lines cut through the hillside and that's a crappy place to fly.

Awesome Odan,
Thanks! Worse case scenario i can do some damage with my Osmo Mobile on street level hehe
2017-1-26
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
United States

The weather has been pretty good. looks like rain for the week end  {:4_110:}
Coming up for a "GREEN" vacation ? {:4_181:}
Have fun
2017-1-26
Use props
Advanced