Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go Battery Settings/Questions
784 4 2017-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans799f96c2
Flight distance : 3428 ft
United States

Hello again.  Tomorrow's a big day.  Taking the P3S to my son's house out in the country (West Ohio) for some fun.  Wish I had the other battery I ordered, but it's due on Monday.
Anyway, I'm preparing for flight and have a few battery related questions.

Is there a recommended setting for 'Critically Low Battery Warning (mine is set to 15%), and 'Low Battery Warning, (mine is set to 30%).
Should be about 50 degrees F tomorrow with winds around 10mph.

Also, after I'm done flying, is it recommended to store the battery in the aircraft, or take it out?
This set up is kind of counter-intuitive for me.  Everything I've ever owned that's battery operated gets a full charge after use, before storing, but if I understand it right, the Phantom battery should not be fully charged if I'm putting it away for a week or so, correct?
I've got the discharge set to 3 days for no reason other than someone online told me to do that.  

One more question just a little off topic, in the general settings, I have the units set to Imperial but in the Main Controller Settings, the return to home number remains in 'meters' all the time.  Strange?

Thanks a lot for you help.  Looking forward to some advice.

2017-1-20
Use props
Orlando_Jeff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49147 ft
United States

Hello.
I have my low battery warning set for 30% and critical set for 10%. Just my preference. Those are the settings I'm comfortable with. As for keeping the battery in the drone, I always take mine out after flying. In the event that something bad happens with your battery ( I'm sure it won't ), you won't lose your battery and drone.. I had a cheap helicopter once and charged the battery inside the heli. For some reason, the battery overcharged and blew up taking me helicopter with it. Since then, I never keep batteries in my rc stuff after using them.
2017-1-20
Use props
Orlando_Jeff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49147 ft
United States

Forgot to says...have fun tomorrow....
2017-1-20
Use props
07QPSPGT
lvl.1
United States

I had a scary moment today and I think I'm confused a bit..

I was flying today. I have my battery settings to 50% and critical 25%.. today was the first time I flew long enough to hit 25% and it started to land on its own and I had zero control. Scary cause I wasn't in the best position to land...

So does this auto land where ever you set critical? Or is always going to be 25%?
2017-4-5
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

30 and 15% is same as mine .. I think that's default.

Once flown - best to take battery out and store.

Do not recharge after flight - leave as is.

Yes - 3 days is good setting for auto discharge to storage.

Units mismatch has been subject of others comments ... something they obviously haven't fixed.

Nigel
2017-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules