Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyAnt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77461 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hello

I used the new application DJI GS Pro with my 4 Phantom for the work of photogrammetry, but I need to ask two questions:

1) the photos are in JPG format, and I wanted RAW. I set RAW to DJO GO, but I do not think this is the way and it seems that does not retain this setting when changing App (DJI GS Pro)

2) if I can not set the RAW, I do not even have photos of log (RAW + JPG = DNG) ... is there any other log that I can download? (Like the old and glorious DJI iOSD Mark II ??)

Thank you all for the help

2017-1-21
Use props
Lethal
Second Officer
Flight distance : 71096 ft
Australia

Not sure if I understand what you are trying to do but in the camera settings (with aircraft connected) you have options of JPG, RAW and both JPG/RAW
2017-1-21
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would suggest the same as Lethal, make sure that all is powered up and aircraft connected when making any changes in the DJI Go App'. Many of these changes are saved to the aircraft itself, which is why if the aircraft is not on when changes made it appears to revert back to previous settings (those stored in aircraft).
2017-1-21
Use props
FlyAnt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77461 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Thanks lethal and Aardvark for the quick response.

What I want to clarify is that I have already set DJI GO with the setting of the camera RAW ... but it seems that when I launch DJI GS Pro, does not take into consideration the RAW settings previously septate in DJI GO and produces only pictures in JPG format.
Obviously for photogrammetry JPG without a georeferencing log  it is useless.

Thanks again
2017-1-21
Use props
Nicola90s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3060869 ft
Italy

Hi FlyAnt! I'm using a Phantom 3 Advanced, I've also found that if I set up the pictures format in RAW or RAW + JPEG in DJI GO App, once that I use DJI GS Pro, the pictures format switch again to JPEG only.
2017-1-26
Use props
adam.g
lvl.1
Canada

Hi FlyAnt,

I, too, can confirm that DJI Ground Station Pro does not retain those camera settings set in DJI GO for the Phantom 4.

I also employ my Phantom 4 for photogrammetric (structure-from-motion) purposes, and I feel that this issue is a significant shortcoming of the DJI GS Pro app. Given that I am often conducting surveys of snow and ice surfaces, I find the inability to edit RAW images in Photoshop to be restricting.

Here's hoping DJI allows us more control over camera settings in a future update. Pix4D should also being paying attention for their Pix4DCapture app, which also does not respect camera settings saved to the aircraft.

Cheers,
Adam
2017-1-26
Use props
Nicola90s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3060869 ft
Italy

So this seems to be a issue of the DJI GS Pro App, there is no possibilities to set the pictures format...

Could some moderator confirm this, please.
2017-1-27
Use props
Bullflyer
lvl.4

Spain

It's necessary to get a RAW format for precision 3D-Mapping ?
2017-2-24
Use props
djiuser_nTIQnzwx4dNL
New

Australia

Bullflyer Posted at 2017-2-24 06:48
It's necessary to get a RAW format for precision 3D-Mapping ?

2023, 5 years later, and still the same problem
2023-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules