Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
iPhone power Issues with Mavic
1545 7 2017-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JaseUK
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I took my Mavic (my first drone) out for a test flight today, but I had a couple of issues using an iPhone 6s with it.

I connected the iPhone to the controller and turned it on, at first the app said it said it wasn't connected and shortly after the phone went off like the battery had died and the phone a actually showed low power (which was really strange as a minute earlier it was on 80+ percent).

I happened to have my work phone with me (another iPhone 6s) and I knew that was fully charged so I used that and it worked although I then discovered I had only upgarded the firmware on the Mavic and not remote so had to do that.

Anyway I flew the Mavic until its battery was low (loved it!) and landed for a change of battery, after a few more minutes flight I decided to land as the charge on the phone was getting low so I decided to swap back to my first iPhone 6s which I had charged in the car and was showing full.

I connected the phone and it appeared to be working but a minute or so later the phone turned off and showed low power. I disconnected it left a minute and turned the phone on again and it was almost full and works fine and has plently of power.  The issue only happens when I connect it to the Mavic.

Any ideas?  it's almost like the Mavic or shorting out the phone....

2017-1-21
Use props
JaseUK
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Just thought of something else that may be relevant, it was a little cold today, about 1 deg C but I've never had an issue with the phone in cold weather before
2017-1-21
Use props
joe_qzy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12740 ft
United States

I will suggest check your iphone 6s serial number first in the link below from apple.
There is a battery issue with some 6s models and you can get a free change of battery through apple's genius bar.
https://www.apple.com/support/iphone6s-unexpectedshutdown/
2017-1-21
Use props
JaseUK
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thank you, the phone I was having the issue with is OK according to that site but the phone I actually used does need the battery replaced.

I have had issues with it shutting down but never did anything about it, I will get it replaced asap
2017-1-21
Use props
Pollapak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46473 ft
United States

I had my iPhone 6s Plus and the phone sbut down during flight twice yesterday. It was cold. Both time happended when I try to do Facebook live. I had my phone crap out like this before when using it for photo and it cold out. my phone is not on the battery replacement list tho.

If anyone has any info on phone shutdown during flight would be great. Only had the Mavic for 2 days. thank you.

2017-1-22
Use props
puckitpuck
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46473 ft
United States

I had my iPhone 6s Plus and the phone sbut down during flight twice yesterday. It was cold. Both time happended when I try to do Facebook live. I had my phone crap out like this before when using it for photo and it cold out. my phone is not on the battery replacement list tho.

If anyone has any info on phone shutdown during flight would be great. Only had the Mavic for 2 days. thank you.
2017-1-22
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

puckitpuck Posted at 2017-1-22 15:58

I have and IPHONE6s+ and a Mavic Pro and never had this problem. Sorry I can't help but please remember that the Mavic run thru the remote and NOT the phone so even if you loose power or APP shuts off as long as you are in LOS you can bring it back while you turn back on the app.

Protect animal population. Spayed or Neutered? and License your Pet!
2017-1-22
Use props
fansc6038525
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1470308 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Same issue here as well. I use an iPhone6s if I'm gonna be doing 1 fly around. However if  I want to get my drone fix I use a ipadmini4, it just fits the controller and the battery life is good for hours. I leave my phone running as a hotspot in a lifeproof charger case again good to go for hours. If the controller gives you battery life issues it can be charged while in use. Ps all phones are crappy in the cold. Cold + iPhone = 25min battery life.
2017-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules