I have a DJI Repair Case #, now what?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
richparry
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1620148 ft
  • >>>
United States

I submitted a request online for repair services, I was given a Case number but not sure what to do next. I have not sent the damaged P3 yet. Do I pack it up myself and send it or does DJI send me a shipping label and/or shipping carton?
Thanks,
Rich
2017-1-21
Use props
Gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Are you sure it's an actual CASE number or is it just REQUEST number?  If you have not yet filled out the request form and returned it you won't get a case number.

When I finally got a CASE number it was at the bottom of an eight step instruction email that began with the following:

Note: Failure to complete any step below may cause delays in your repair, and could require our logistics team to ship your product back without repair service provided.

The eight steps would tell you exactly how to pack, it, mark it and ship it.  I also got a seperate email that had a link for a UPS shipping label.

So, if you're asking this question I'd say you got some more paperwork to do.

2017-1-21
Use props
richparry
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1620148 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gil Posted at 2017-1-21 13:19
Are you sure it's an actual CASE number or is it just REQUEST number?  If you have not yet filled out the request form and returned it you won't get a case number.

When I finally got a CASE number it was at the bottom of an eight step instruction email that began with the following:

Gil,

Thanks for reply. Based on your response, I think I have to wait until I get an email and mailing label. Below is the form I submitted with personal details omitted. This is the only thing I received from DJI after completing the form online.
UPDATE: I didn't wait long enough, when I didn't hear from DJI after 12 hours, I didn't know what to do. However, I just got an email from UPS with shipping details. Sorry to bother you and thanks again.
Case Number.jpg
2017-1-21
Use props
Randy2747
lvl.1

United States

I emailed DJI about my drone having cracks and the responded within two days and emailed my a shipping label
2017-1-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

richparry Posted at 2017-1-21 13:35
Gil,

Thanks for reply. Based on your response, I think I have to wait until I get an email and mailing label. Below is the form I submitted with personal details omitted. This is the only thing I received from DJI after completing the form online.

Generally speaking, it will take 1 to 2 business days to send you an e-mail with the details, glad to hear you've received it, we'll take care of the case once it's delivered.
Please feel free to let us know for any further questions, thanks for your support!
2017-1-21
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

I believe received mine within a few hours.
2017-1-22
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

You should read the manual as well. There are good tips in there.
2017-1-22
Use props
fans820b0131
lvl.1

United States

Yes, they will send you a shipping label.  I learned the hard way.  I got my case number and the went straight to the shipping store and shipped the P3A to DJI.  It cost me $66 to ship from Ohio with insurance.  Hours later I got an email from DJI with a shipping label.   I have contacted customer support 2 times. Each time they tell me there is nothing they can do to refund any of my money even though they can clearly see that the label they sent is unused.  They wouldn't even give me credit toward a new battery.  They just apologized.   Frustrating to say the least.   Oh..and this was after having a motor fry in the first week.
2017-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules