Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cable from RC to device (aka phone...tablet etc.)
4060 17 2017-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GuyS
lvl.1

Canada

I am having problems. The device (my phone) every once and a while just drops the DJI Go app... while the quad is flying. It happened again today, halfway through a flight. I can only think of a couple of reasons that may explain why my phone keeps "disconnecting" from the drone. One, the device. I am using my LG G5. Perhaps it is not "supported". Two, the cable from the RC to the phone is at fault.

I've updated the P3P drone to the latest firmware and also the latest DJI app.

I still am able to control the drone via the RC. But since there is no camera view (or video recording) I am finding using it very unpredictable.

2017-1-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please try to change another USB cable or mobile device which is compatible with aircraft and check the performance again.
Since the remote can still control aircraft, which means the connection between RC and AC is fine.
2017-1-22
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Captain
United States

Yes. Keep in mind some cables are crap. I can't vouch for Android, but many IOS cables will charge a device, but data does 'flow' properly. Like Natalia said. Try a different cable that is OEM (be sure it's not a knock off). Those cables on ebay that are 3 for $10  (USD) with free shipping aren't worth $10!   Good luck & happy flying!

Barney
2017-1-22
Use props
JACKODOG-ANDROI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208383 ft
United States

take a look at my thread on usb cable http://forum.dji.com/thread-80763-1-1.html
2017-1-22
Use props
GuyS
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-22 04:03
Please try to change another USB cable or mobile device which is compatible with aircraft and check the performance again.
Since the remote can still control aircraft, which means the connection between RC and AC is fine.

Natalia is there a definitive list of compatible devices? I am using the USB-USB-C cable that comes with the phone since the DJI supplied cable was a USB-miniUSB cable and without an adapter would not have plugged into my LG G5.
2017-1-22
Use props
GuyS
lvl.1

Canada

Barney Rubbel Posted at 2017-1-22 06:43
Yes. Keep in mind some cables are crap. I can't vouch for Android, but many IOS cables will charge a device, but data does 'flow' properly. Like Natalia said. Try a different cable that is OEM (be sure it's not a knock off). Those cables on ebay that are 3 for $10  (USD) with free shipping aren't worth $10!   Good luck & happy flying!

Barney

I am suspect of the cable Barney. Since I've changed my phone I am using the USB-C cable that comes with the phone. It is about 3 ft long. The original DJI supplied miniUSB is only about 2 ft. I've got hunt down a high quality cable somewhere but as Natalie inferred that may not be the only cause of the problem.
2017-1-22
Use props
GuyS
lvl.1

Canada

JACKODOG-ANDROI Posted at 2017-1-22 07:27
take a look at my thread on usb cable http://forum.dji.com/thread-80763-1-1.html

Jackodog- Any suggestions on where to purchase a high quality cable?
2017-1-22
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I have been using the following for the past 2 years with NO problems. See if they have it for Android but works great with IOS on all Phantom series I have (P3A,P4,P4P,P4P+)

Second, make you sure you use the fastest processor available for a tablet or phone (believe me it make a big difference) and FORCE CLOSE all the apps except the GO APP.

1 foot cable
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

"Protect animal population. Spay or Neuter and License your Pet!"
2017-1-22
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GuyS Posted at 2017-1-22 08:00
Natalia is there a definitive list of compatible devices? I am using the USB-USB-C cable that comes with the phone since the DJI supplied cable was a USB-miniUSB cable and without an adapter would not have plugged into my LG G5.

This is the list of devices currently approved by DJI for the P3:-

iOS Version v3.1.2.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.
Android Version v3.1.2.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, LG V20, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2017-1-22
Use props
GuyS
lvl.1

Canada

ePetLicensing.c Posted at 2017-1-22 08:18
I have been using the following for the past 2 years with NO problems. See if they have it for Android but works great with IOS on all Phantom series I have (P3A,P4,P4P,P4P+)

Second, make you sure you use the fastest processor available for a tablet or phone (believe me it make a big difference) and FORCE CLOSE all the apps except the GO APP.

Thanks PetLicensing. I just ordered one for my phone the LG G5...USB-C connector. Hopefully this solves the problem. My DJI Go app just drops out and goes to a blank screen whilst in the middle of a flight. It's happened on every flight I've taken in the last couple of weeks.
2017-1-22
Use props
GuyS
lvl.1

Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2017-1-22 09:08
This is the list of devices currently approved by DJI for the P3:-

iOS Version v3.1.2.

Thanks Aardvark. I see my old Nexus 5 isn't on the list yet it worked fine. I'll see if going back to that phone will work any better.
2017-1-22
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

GuyS Posted at 2017-1-22 09:11
Thanks PetLicensing. I just ordered one for my phone the LG G5...USB-C connector. Hopefully this solves the problem. My DJI Go app just drops out and goes to a blank screen whilst in the middle of a flight. It's happened on every flight I've taken in the last couple of weeks.

My pleasure and let us know...

"Protect animal population. Spayed or Neutered? and License your Pet!"
2017-1-22
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

I wish people wouldn't say "use compatible miobile device" when refering the very short list DJI supplies.  Instead it should be stated "Tested and verified".  Only if a phone has been actually tested and found NOT to work can it be stated as "not compatible"   That list only means those are the very few phones they have actually tried the app on.
Even then, I beth they haven't done tests on all those phones each time they update the app.   Then there's the issue of when the phones themselves get updates.  Is the app tested on all those phnes each time Android, manufacturer or carrier updates those phones?
2017-1-22
Use props
JACKODOG-ANDROI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208383 ft
United States

GuyS Posted at 2017-1-22 08:14
Jackodog- Any suggestions on where to purchase a high quality cable?

this is the new one i am using with a sheild k1 tablet
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/p ... ided_micro_usb.html
it comes with a velcro wrap to hold it wraped to desired leingth
2017-1-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

GuyS Posted at 2017-1-22 09:33
Thanks Aardvark. I see my old Nexus 5 isn't on the list yet it worked fine. I'll see if going back to that phone will work any better.

Please keep us posted for the performance, thanks.
2017-1-22
Use props
LearntoFly_Firs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23730 ft
United States

Had a similar problem. Had no camera view so I went in and reset the camera from the camera menu. Worked perfectly on my P3 Standard. And I am using a Samsung S8, which everyone says is not compatible, including DJI
2017-10-31
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

9x out of 10 .... its the cable ...

Blackberry detects non BB cable and often fails to charge / flow
Samsung generally is more compliant with various cables - but I notice my new S8 has a different cable ... have to sort that so I have spare.
With OTG and UVC devices now - means cables are actually directional in a lot of cases ... my FPV Rx to Android will only work with its OWN cable and actually has arrows on it to connect correct way round ! Yes - swap it round and nothing works.

The old days of the small fatter USB connector - I never saw this trouble ... but now because I carry 3 phones and tablet as well as camera when travelling - I have had to label the cables to ensure correct one connected.

For my P3P ... out of 7 cables only two actually worked for my Nexus 7 to RC ... but all worked to charge my Nexus !

Nigel
2017-10-31
Use props
Kneepuck
Captain
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

I still am able to control the drone via the RC. But since there is no camera view (or video recording) I am finding using it very unpredictable.

Even if the FPV drops out, the Phantom should still be recording to the sd card in  the camera.  If it is not recording when you have pressed the record button, then you have other issues besides the cable.

2017-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules