Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SeanOzz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 612405 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey everyone.

I am stoked my mavic got here yesterday.
However today I was able to get out and test it out.

It flys great. Very responsive. The video is an issue though.
My gimbal is glitching while  flying or sitting still. It  makes the footage not usable. I've compiled a video of the issue.  I'd like to send in to dji so hopefully they can tell me a fix or get it back to them asap so I can get it back before I leave to California in feb.

I've tried recalibrating the gimbal multiple times with no luck.
Is there a trick to it I'm missing ?  Also the horizon line will not stay straight.  It came with it  pretty off but since there is an option to tweak it I didn't think that was much of a big deal.  In flight no matter how straight I set it it keeps slowly sagging to one side or another.

My other drones have never had either of these issues so I'm a tad stumped on how to fix it.

Thanks for any help.

It's a pretty big bummer when you've been trying to acquire one of these for months and then it shows up with an issue.

I have seen so many working well out there so I'm hoping to get this one tweaked or exchanged exchanged and join the happy owners.  

2017-1-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please clarify your current firmware version?
Please make sure you had removed all the sticker on the gimbal.
2017-1-22
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-22 02:03

running 4.0.2
yes, all stickers were removed.

Thanks for the response. i am hoping it's as simple as a firmware upgrade or reload.
2017-1-22
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-22 02:03

sorry, hit enter before finished.

App Version 4.0.2
Aircraft 01.03.0300
Remote 01.03.0300

let me know if you need anything else.  thanks
2017-1-22
Use props
martin1504
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1130581 ft
Austria

I have problems with the gimbal too.

After the first flights (total flight time 47 minutes) the camera is without a function. In the app is written: ERROR (0x800000). And below where the gimbal status is displayed the status is in red: “Gimbal not connected”
During the startup phase of the Mavic the gimbal is moving normally. - But it sends no picture to the connected device. In flight mode of the app it displays in red: No camera signal"  - were normally in greed "Ready to go (GPS)" is displayed and the screen is black. The data overlays are working normally.

2017-1-22
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

SeanOzz Posted at 2017-1-22 20:52

App Version 4.0.2

Are you sure about the firmware version. I thought 01.03.0200 was the latest but you are saying you have 01.03.0300?
2017-1-22
Use props
fans960b109d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 791736 ft
New Zealand

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-1-22 21:39
Are you sure about the firmware version. I thought 01.03.0200 was the latest but you are saying you have 01.03.0300?

I have seen someone else on here with this same firmware installed after sending it in for repairs....might be one there loading onto them at factory?
2017-1-22
Use props
bryanmones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1234 ft
United States

im having this problems on my mavic

2017-1-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

SeanOzz Posted at 2017-1-22 20:52

App Version 4.0.2

We've transferred the case your reported to our engineers, who are working on it now, will get back to you once we get any news.
Thanks for your supporting!
2017-1-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

martin1504 Posted at 2017-1-22 21:17
I have problems with the gimbal too.

After the first flights (total flight time 47 minutes) the camera is without a function. In the app is written: ERROR (0x800000). And below where the gimbal status is displayed the status is in red: “Gimbal not connected”

Martin, what is the firmware for your aircraft?
Please try to reset it to factory default or upgrade it again through Assistant 2, then check whether you have the same error or not.
Also you can try to restart everything, if the error persists, then it needs to be sent in for repair.
2017-1-23
Use props
martin1504
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1130581 ft
Austria

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-23 04:33
Martin, what is the firmware for your aircraft?
Please try to reset it to factory default or upgrade it again through Assistant 2, then check whether you have the same error or not.
Also you can try to restart everything, if the error persists, then it needs to be sent in for repair.

Hi,
thanks for your assistance.

I tried this already. And it worked perfect for the first 40 minutes. After 40 minutes’ total flight time the gimbal connection failed.
I’m already in contact with the tec. Support for EU and they will exchange my Mavic to a new one (dead on arrival).

I hope this takes not too much time because I’m really looking forward to fly my Mavic.
I got my Mavic after the preorder-waiting time last Friday from the DJI store and on Saturday (on my 1st. flight day) the gimbal failed.

BR
Martin
2017-1-23
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-1-22 21:39

yes, that is correct. the dji assistant told me that 01.03.0200 is a downgrade.

i have a photo but can't seem to upload it unless i host it somewhere first.
i'm at 01.03.0300
2017-1-23
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

bryanmones Posted at 2017-1-23 01:34
im having this problems on my mavic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu6y90KzcyM

mine seems to be doing that same thing. i am doing some more testing today after hooking up to the dji  assistant 2 and calibrating the camera and sensors that way.  also redoing the imu calibration.

i'll get back on here tonight with results.
2017-1-23
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-23 04:30
We've transferred the case your reported to our engineers, who are working on it now, will get back to you once we get any news.
Thanks for your supporting!

thank you. i am trying a couple steps today sent to me through email from you guys.

recalibrating through the dji assistant 2 qpp (camera and bottom sensors).
then as requested in email to calibrate the imu, then again do the camera through the dji go app.

i am off work today so will go do some flight test after as well and get back with results later tonight.

the second test i did yesterday seems to show the gimbal rolling from side to side randomly even with the horizon tilt adjusted.   i will get back this afternoon / evening with more results so we can get this fixed one way or another. thanks
2017-1-23
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

file was too large (tried to upload my firmware screen.)
lol
2017-1-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

martin1504 Posted at 2017-1-23 06:49
Hi,
thanks for your assistance.

Thanks for your update, we do understand your feelings.
Hope you can get it sorted out soon and enjoy it again. For any other questions, please feel free to let us know, we'll try our best to help you.
2017-1-24
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-24 01:37
Hope you can get it sorted out soon and enjoy it again. For any other questions, please feel free to let us know, we'll try our best to help you.

i calibrated the camera from the assistant 2 app, also redid the imu.

so far the rapid glitch in the video above seems to be gone.
however the horizon line does not stay level during flight.

it turns when in yaw (which it should, pretty much all drones do)
the issue though is when done turning it sometimes will not correct and other times when flying straight it will tweak.

i am going to do more test this week and see how bad it is or is not. i will post my results next week if you like onto this thread.

Thank you Natalia for getting back with me.

this thing really flys well!

any suggestions how to get rid of prop wash / shadow?
i assume it must be due to the placement of the camera?
2017-1-24
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-24 01:37

Hi Natalie.

i had some more time to mess with the mavic pro.  I wish i got some great news for you but it's the oppisite..  No matter what i do the horizon will not stay level for long on my unit.

i have used the assistant 2, calibrated the camera there, the imu, and used the dji go app to calibrate again. not only is the horizon constantly getting out of wack on my unit but i still have a glitch occasionally. ( the glitch is less often than it was but it is still there.)

i am leaving town on the 22nd of feb and would like to have a working mavic in hand by then)

i am also sending this video to the email i received from DJi. so if you can instruct me the best  way to get this exchanged i would appreciate it. i have heard stories of people getting refurbished units in return.

i would like to be 100% positive this will not occur as i paid full price for a new unit. not a discounted price for a refurbished unit.  Thank you
2017-2-1
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, compared with email inquiry, it can be faster if you go to online chat on www.dji.com/support and follow instructions to send it in.

This gimbal non-horizon issue is not uncommon, and most of them will need to get send in to have the gimbal recalibrated or exchanged.
2017-2-7
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-2-7 22:51
Hi, compared with email inquiry, it can be faster if you go to online chat on www.dji.com/support and follow instructions to send it in.

This gimbal non-horizon issue is not uncommon, and most of them will need to get send in to have the gimbal recalibrated or exchanged.

thank you.,

i have spoken with the chat support. they were very helpful.
we set up an exchange. hopefully the replacement works perfectly like my buddies mavic.  such a fun quad to fly!
2017-2-8
Use props
墨老爷子
DJI R&D Squad

China

please send it back to us,then we will fix it
2017-2-8
Use props
jpap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1780679 ft
Greece

Hi, I am getting micro vibrations/shakes on the live feed/recorded video when flying in sport mode. Please check the video
Is this normal?
2017-2-8
Use props
Airwater
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1517057 ft
United Kingdom

I'm unsure if I have a gimbal problem. Whilst stationary and doing 360 yaw there are no problems and the horizon stays level. Whilst flying left for a while and then right for a while (at the in opposite direction with low wind) only without any forwards movement, so basically just with roll and no pitch, I get a 5 degree off level horizon. When I stop it corrects in a couple of seconds. Nothing more than this.
2017-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules