Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
mounting a ricoh theta 360 camera?
3740 5 2017-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans19454176
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62 ft
United States

Has anyone tried mounting a ricoh 360 camera?
wondering how to go about this.
also wondering about the distance you can snap a picture from your phone while its in the air.
2017-1-21
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha fans1945,

Unless you want to buy one of the industrial DJI products ($thousands$), you will not be able to mount a personal camera on a DJI drone.  Sorry, the Phantoms come with the cameras installed and can only be replaced by the same or very similar camera.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-21
Use props
Bruce Bodnyk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20112 ft
United States

I have a Theta S that I plan on mounting on my DJI Phantom 3 Standard. You can not remove the existing camera but I can come up with a mount to attach the Theta S to it. The Theta S is light enough for my Phantom 3 to carry.
2017-1-25
Use props
SharWarre22
New

Philippines

I am looking for a small and very light video camera with an extremely wide angle lens and software that allows you to pan around using on a smart phone or tablet.

Then, I was thinking about samsung gear 360. Will this be too heavy to mount?
2017-2-15
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

SharWarre22 Posted at 2017-2-15 22:28
I am looking for a small and very light video camera with an extremely wide angle lens and software that allows you to pan around using on a smart phone or tablet.

Then, I was thinking about samsung gear 360. Will this be too heavy to mount?

How do you plan to see the image from this camera? What mechanism will you use to 'pan' around, and how will you control it?
2017-2-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It's not recommended to try and replace the present camera/gimbal set up. In addition, you would not be able to have full control or FPV from the 3rd party gimbal.
2017-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules