Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Balancing iPhone 7+
4618 17 2017-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7b5e0ff3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184567 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am not able to mechanically (osmo turned off) balance the iPhone 7+. The balancing arm doesn't extend out far enough to obtain a balance. Has anyone found this to be a problem? Will it put undue stress on the gimbal? I was thinking about adding a sticky weight to the gimbal side to balance it out.
2017-1-22
Use props
A1000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 149760 ft
United Kingdom

I have a 6S+ and have had a similar issue a couple of times when switching back from a smaller 5S.  I found that I had to make sure that the thumbscrew was fully loosened as there was a slight friction point that stopped it fully extending on mine. But with it fully extended it does balance nicely for my 6S+ which is a bit heavier.
2017-1-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have an iPhone 7 Plus and actually for perfect balance it's just a tad in from fully extended.
So yours should be exactly the same. You cannot have a case in the phone.
2017-1-23
Use props
djishit
New

United Kingdom

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-2-6
Use props
young-nyc 3
lvl.4
United States

djishit Posted at 2017-2-6 16:03
On mine, the arm is fully extended and this is the best it can do. Also, why is your support team saying that iPhone 7 Plus is not supported? I contacted them about this issue and they said iPhone 7 Plus is not supported.

[view_image]

you should be able to extend the arm further to the right then that.
I have a iPhone 7+ and have no issues with adjustments.

just make sure the adjustment screw is loose for you to pull the arm to the right more.
2017-2-9
Use props
ComPH
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-23 10:43
I have an iPhone 7 Plus and actually for perfect balance it's just a tab in from fully extended.
So yours should be exactly the same. You cannot have a case in the phone.

Or screen protector, or anything else that adds even a little bit of weight
2017-2-9
Use props
yelenavik
lvl.1

United States

I had same problem because used   thin case from vinil,so added right side to body of  pitch motor 3M stickki metall nut aproximatelly 10 gramm
2017-2-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

djishit Posted at 2017-2-6 16:03
On mine, the arm is fully extended and this is the best it can do. Also, why is your support team saying that iPhone 7 Plus is not supported? I contacted them about this issue and they said iPhone 7 Plus is not supported.

[view_image]

With no slim case on your phone and the Osmo fully extended it should tilt just a hair the other way. You either have a slim case installed or the arm is not fully extended.
2017-2-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

young-nyc 3 Posted at 2017-2-9 13:24
you should be able to extend the arm further to the right then that.
I have a iPhone 7+ and have no issues with adjustments.

That is correct. The 7 Plus fit's great.
2017-2-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ComPH Posted at 2017-2-9 15:56
Or screen protector, or anything else that adds even a little bit of weight

I have a glass screen protector and still for perfect balance I have to have the arm just a touch in from fully extended.
2017-2-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

yelenavik Posted at 2017-2-9 22:33
I had same problem because used   thin case from vinil,so added right side to body of  pitch motor 3M stickki metall nut aproximatelly 10 gramm

I also have a slim case and it is a little out of balance. I'l only use the Osmo for quick tests leaving the case on.
If I'm going to have it on for more than 30 seconds or so I remove the case.
With the slim case and a little out of balance, if you leave it on for more than a minute or two the roll motor will get very hot and cause damage in time.
2017-2-10
Use props
ComPH
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-10 07:22
I also have a slim case and it is a little out of balance. I'l only use the Osmo for quick tests leaving the case on.
If I'm going to have it on for more than 30 seconds or so I remove the case.
With the slim case and a little out of balance, if you leave it on for more than a minute or two the roll motor will get very hot and cause damage in time.

Really, that is very scary, the design has no safety margins if that is the case. What if you are running with the rig for 15 minutes? That may cause lot more stress/power/heat on the servo and the driver electronics than minute or two of slight static imbalance while walking for example!
2017-2-12
Use props
ComPH
lvl.3

United States

Maybe that is why this guys video show the Osmo servos being the hottest even in his unscientific experiment:
2017-2-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ComPH Posted at 2017-2-12 00:33
Really, that is very scary, the design has no safety margins if that is the case. What if you are running with the rig for 15 minutes? That may cause lot more stress/power/heat on the servo and the driver electronics than minute or two of slight static imbalance while walking for example!

There are safety parameters built into it. If too far out of balance then the gimbal will go limp.
If just barely out of balance it will still function.
2017-2-12
Use props
ComPH
lvl.3

United States

OK then, thanks, going into protection mode is much better than "if you leave it on for more than a minute or two the roll motor will get very hot and cause damage in time". I'd expect that, no problem.
2017-2-12
Use props
ADAMOV
New

Thailand

I had the same problem! But I went to DJI store and told them about the problem they fixed it. And now it works perfect!
2017-3-3
Use props
AZCAMERAREVIEWS
New

United States

Hello, Sorry to hear about this problem. I encountered a similar problem with my LG V20 and I got tired of always dealing with that thumb screw so I needed to come up with a HACK to aleviate the stress of this problem on my GIMBAL as well as on me because I was afraid that by screwing and an-screwing and pulling and pushing the arm it would break at some point. Try this. I hope it helps you and others.
2017-3-16
Use props
Gilly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 144970 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry for a bit of a thread hijack - I have a 7+ and am looking at an Osmo Mobile.

Has the Jittering caused by the OIS on the 7+ been resolved?
2017-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules