Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bad Bad Bad
1968 17 2017-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Crockey
lvl.1

Australia

I have a phantom 3 standard. I recived a standrd for christmas and it would not work, tried every thing but the motors would not even turn on.I took it back to where my wife purchased it and after two weeks the shop owner replaced my drone with a new one.
She said she would have to wear the cost on it as DJI were very unhelpfull and difficult to deal with.

Anyway the new drone worked fine for a few flights and then I started to get range problems. weak RC signal, can only fly 30 meters then it losses signal and returns home.
I have searched for a solution but to no avail.

I have tried the litchi app and same problem on manual flight 30 meters max in any direction.
However I tried a waypiont flight with litchi and it went 2km away and back no problems. It lost rc signal at 30 meters but never lost camera signal t all.

So my problem is I can only fly 30 meters manually and that is it.
I live in a rural area in Australia with 4 houses in a five kilometer radius. the landscape is farming flat level ground no hills and only a few trees.

So the problem is the bird itself'
No crashes
no hard landings
latest firmware ( tried to roll back to an ealier version but wont allow me to do that)
Tried anttena mods ( didnt fix problem)

I was considering buying a phantom 4 pro but now I think that why would I spend the money on something that may or may not work.
I think my problem is the firmwre but dji have made it so hard to do anything, I cant roll back to something that works.
the latest FW V 1.8 is not working very well
Two phantom 3 standards in a row that had problems.
So for now I will consider my opptions
Keep searching for a solution.
But wil certinally not be recomending DJI at this point in time

2017-1-22
Use props
taurus35
First Officer
Flight distance : 136417 ft
United Kingdom

Do you have it in beginner mode? If it's always 30m, that's the beginner mode distance.
2017-1-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

As taurus35 says, check it is not in beginner mode, that will limit your distance. In any event, don't be put off by the experience, the P3 Standard has always had range problems, if you are considering a P4 Pro, you will have a better experience.
2017-1-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We're sorry for your unpleasant experience.
Please make sure you disable the beginner mode, then try to re-link aircraft and remote, check the performance again.
You can fly it farther firstly then higher, do not fly it straight above your head.
2017-1-22
Use props
Crockey
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-22 20:10
We're sorry for your unpleasant experience.
Please make sure you disable the beginner mode, then try to re-link aircraft and remote, check the performance again.
You can fly it farther firstly then higher, do not fly it straight above your head.

Beginner mode disabled, checked many times to make sure. Re linked the remote many times.
Distnace is only 30 meters, 1 meter of the ground or 30 meters of the ground
2017-1-23
Use props
Crockey
lvl.1

Australia

taurus35 Posted at 2017-1-22 12:47
Do you have it in beginner mode? If it's always 30m, that's the beginner mode distance.

It is not in beginner mode. I checked many times
2017-1-23
Use props
Crockey
lvl.1

Australia

Like I said at the beginning it had pretty good distance flew it to about 400 meters away. And then after a few careful flights over 2 days to get used to it, the range mysteriously was gone.
I have checked and re checked my settings.
I have searched the internet for a solution but it seems I am not the only one having the same problem.
I have tried every solution that I came across (except disassembly of the drone to check antennas)  but nothing works.
I would like to roll back the firmware to an earlier version to try that but it wont allow me to.

and no it is not set to beginner mode.
2017-1-23
Use props
Southtdi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14590 ft
United States

Wonder if the system is somehow stuck in beginner mode no matter what the setting is. Have you tried to simply delete the DJI Go app from your device and then re download it. I have seen on both android and iOS devices apps getting stuck in a mode and not responding to any changes to the settings.

I realize you mentioned you tried both apps and it has the same issue. Still could be an app problem. Also, have you tried to reset the device the apps are on. Again. seen issues with other software that did stuff like this and the device needed to be restarted. Not saying it isn't the Phantom just giving you stuff to try.
2017-1-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Crockey Posted at 2017-1-23 09:21
Beginner mode disabled, checked many times to make sure. Re linked the remote many times.
Distnace is only 30 meters, 1 meter of the ground or 30 meters of the ground

Just to clarify, what mobile device you're using?
Please try another one which is in DJI recommended list and check the performance again, thanks.
2017-1-24
Use props
DJ Nee
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84610 ft
Australia

Crockey Posted at 2017-1-23 09:35
Like I said at the beginning it had pretty good distance flew it to about 400 meters away. And then after a few careful flights over 2 days to get used to it, the range mysteriously was gone.
I have checked and re checked my settings.
I have searched the internet for a solution but it seems I am not the only one having the same problem.

When you achieved 400 meters, was this with the newer 1.8.10 firmware, or with the original firmware that was on it when you bought it?
I suffered much pain with the newer firmware...constant 'interference detected' messages....constant 'remote disconnected' errors....Just took the unit back today and exchanged for another Phantom 3 and just flew it with the 1.7.90 firmware (didn't update) and suddenly it's a totally different product.

2017-1-24
Use props
stuka75
First Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Are you connected to the p3 when you check the setting for beginner mode?
2017-1-24
Use props
Crockey
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-24 02:38
Just to clarify, what mobile device you're using?
Please try another one which is in DJI recommended list and check the performance again, thanks.

I have tried it on my Samsung s6 and apple ipad air 2
I have removed and reloaded the apps and restarted both devices many time
2017-1-24
Use props
Crockey
lvl.1

Australia

DJ Nee Posted at 2017-1-24 02:54
When you achieved 400 meters, was this with the newer 1.8.10 firmware, or with the original firmware that was on it when you bought it?
I suffered much pain with the newer firmware...constant 'interference detected' messages....constant 'remote disconnected' errors....Just took the unit back today and exchanged for another Phantom 3 and just flew it with the 1.7.90 firmware (didn't update) and suddenly it's a totally different product.

The  firmware version is the 1.8.10
which I cant seem to roll back
I have tried copying firmware on to sd card but that dosn't work either
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Crockey Posted at 2017-1-24 10:26
I have tried it on my Samsung s6 and apple ipad air 2
I have removed and reloaded the apps and restarted both devices many time

That seems interesting, if you confirmed all settings are correct and tried to fly it in different open locations, but no improvement, the best course of action would be send both AC and RC in for evaluation by our engineers.
Please send an e-mail to support@dji.com, our support will help you create a case and guide you send the unit in.
2017-1-25
Use props
Phantom-Paul 7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2551634 ft
Australia

Agree with Natalia it sounds like a hardware failure of some sort . There is two totally separate radios in the P3S 5.8g for the controller and 2.4 for the video and telemetry feed.
It sounds like your telemetry is working as it should and the controller signal is failing . Weather that be the transmitter in the controller or the Receiver in the Phantom its best if you send it in given its age.
If it was mine and was out of warranty I would be checking the transmitter first from the description
2017-1-25
Use props
Ob1415
lvl.1

United States

Crockey Posted at 2017-1-24 10:28
The  firmware version is the 1.8.10
which I cant seem to roll back
I have tried copying firmware on to sd card but that dosn't work either

I rolled my FW back last night, it was super simple....

1) Downloaded .bin file for 1.7.9 to desktop
2) Put SD card in card reader, inserted in USB port on PC
3) Deleted the old .bin file from the card (along with the other file that says "successfully installed")
4) Click and drag the 1.7.9 .bin file in to the SD folder.
5) Remove SD card from card reader and insert in to SD slot on camera.
6) Power on the AC and RC, this will begin the installation of roll-back FW (AC will start beeping).
7) Connect to WiFi and DJI Go App and monitor for install to complete.
8) Once complete, remove SD card from AC and put in back in your PC.  
9) Delete the .bin file for 1.7.9.
10) Re-insert card to AC.  DONE
2017-1-25
Use props
Crockey
lvl.1

Australia

Ob1415 Posted at 2017-1-25 06:45
I rolled my FW back last night, it was super simple....

1) Downloaded .bin file for 1.7.9 to desktop

Tried that But it wont let me
The new 1.8.10 wont let me roll back
2017-1-27
Use props
SITKAMICK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 561411 ft
United States

I am not implying anything here but without you mentioning having read the manual I felt that I perhaps should mention this here. Strange that the first one didn't work and now problems with the second one. Possibly you could find a way to download your flight here on the forum and others can possibly see just what is taking place. It would be good is there was a place here on the website to give us all directions for all Phantoms, that are easily followed to get information posted here for more help.
2017-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules