Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
telrush
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48396 ft
United States

Hi All,

Just received a Inspire2 from DJI.

When attaching the propeller blades, I notice that one out of the 4 blades was much looser than the other 3 blades.  We measured the protruding lug in which the propeller sits and clips too. The loosefitting lug measured 0.245 and the 3 remaining, snug fitting lugs, measured 0.268 or better. Seems this may be a defective part? - I think I need to inquire with DJI Support to confirm. Hopefully they are watching and can comment as well.  Thanks for watching and comments are welcome.

https://youtu.be/u8W5_eygfeI
2017-1-22
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

There are several threads covering this very topic .  See if one of the spare props will fit , and if not be sure to order yourself a set of replacement props as soon as possible .  Apparently there may have been a bad vendor or something, No one is 100% sure , but this is a known issue.  Be sure to scroll the thread to look for more post similar to yours.
For example :

http://forum.dji.com/thread-78923-1-1.html

good Luck ,I know this is a bummer but they will sort it out eventually , .....They must be aware they have an issue  , really silly that they are silent on this  or say they are not aware of any issue.

donnie

2017-1-22
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Like Donnie has stated this has been posted on serval other threads. It sounds like the solution is to contact DJI and open a support ticket  for replacement props. Some beta props were delivered by accident and possibly you have some RED props that are undersized or just at the minimum specification.

You get  2 spare hubs and 4 spare props with the I2, so try the others and find another good one.

Hope this helps
Rich
2017-1-22
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

Please add your "issue" and information to the thread Inspire 2    Thread for the attention of DJI about Prop issues the more we collectivly bitch the sooner we get a formal fix
2017-1-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

May I know you've already contacted our tech support or not?
Actually speaking, it's not a defective part, and will not affect aircraft's performance.
Thanks for your feedback, we're concern much about that.
2017-1-23
Use props
DaveDotNet
lvl.3
Flight distance : 53340 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-23 03:19
May I know you've already contacted our tech support or not?
Actually speaking, it's not a defective part, and will not affect aircraft's performance.
Thanks for your feedback, we're concern much about that.

I have a case number(and UPS label)  to return 4 x red props

CAS-422648-H9W3Z7

This seems unnecessary when you could just send the 4 x new red props. You have already replaced other owner's props for the identical problem.
2017-1-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

DaveDotNet Posted at 2017-1-23 03:44

CAS-422648-H9W3Z7

Thanks for your update, we'll take care of your case and help you handle it soon, please do not worry about it.
For any further questions, please feel free to let us know, we'd like to help you, thanks for your support!
2017-1-23
Use props
DaveDotNet
lvl.3
Flight distance : 53340 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-23 05:01
Thanks for your update, we'll take care of your case and help you handle it soon, please do not worry about it.
For any further questions, please feel free to let us know, we'd like to help you, thanks for your support!

Ideally @DJI Natalia, I would have preferred to receive the new props and *then* send back (or ditch) the old props. As it is, I've now had to buy new props to keep me flying whilst I wait for DJI to return my props.
2017-1-23
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI are shipping replacement Props the following is a thread found on another site.

The updated props are from a new mould and also include a black foam insert. The new mould can be easily picked as it's got a "2" on the bottom.

All of the "2" props I have fit well.

I'm still not fixed though because the replacement props from DJI are a mix or old and new moulds with the foam inserts only in the old props.
2017-1-23
Use props
telrush
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48396 ft
United States

What a mess!!  This is going to take awhile to get this corrected it seems.
2017-1-23
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
China

This is a photo of the new Props being sent to those who have problems. Note the new props are marked with a 2 on the bottom and the older ones now come with foam inserted just like i suggested some many weeks ago

OLD and NEW

OLD and NEW
2017-1-24
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-1-24 02:42
This is a photo of the new Props being sent to those who have problems. Note the new props are marked with a 2 on the bottom and the older ones now come with foam inserted just like i suggested some many weeks ago

Just to clarify are you saying that both old and new prop are coming with foam insert?
2017-1-24
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
China

Coigreach Posted at 2017-1-24 02:51
Just to clarify are you saying that both old and new prop are coming with foam insert?

The old stock and the new "mark" 2 now shipped with foam. take a look at the photo i sent
2017-1-24
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-1-24 02:54
The old stock and the new "mark" 2 now shipped with foam. take a look at the photo i sent

so if its just a small piece of foam surely this is something that people with a loose prop could impliment them selves?
2017-1-24
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Of course... the knowledge has been here for the last 3 weeks
2017-1-24
Use props
Jim M
lvl.1
Flight distance : 116562 ft
United States

Thanks for posting and sharing with everyone Dr. Jon.   The noise/wobble started on my new Inspire 2 with red props on flight # 6.   
2017-1-31
Use props
J-Darcy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 847428 ft
United Kingdom

@OP
I too have several misfitting props that arrived with the aircraft.

As I'm in the UK, I'm in the process of returning the 4x defective "white" props to the DJI facility in the Netherlands.

Its unfortunate and makes me 'a bit miffed' that I've had to refuse or attempt to delay aerial work because DJI shipped a defective product - negatively impacting my profits and continuity of service to clients.
If I was in America I might be surrounded by lawyers screaming compensation.

I like to sit back and think about these things though rather than rush into things... and because I'm British it caused so much stress that I've had to make a cup of tea with a brand new teabag
2017-2-1
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
China

J-Darcy Posted at 2017-2-1 04:18
@OP
I too have several misfitting props that arrived with the aircraft.

Welcome to the 'prop club" sorry to say i was one of the first to get an I2 with this problem. And at that time DJI was not cooperative so i found a solution and was able to get back in the air whilst i waited for DJI to send the new props.

I will be honest i don't trust the design of the DJI props and have resorted to buying an alternate set made with carbon fibre. delivery is any day now and will report back on the product once i have tested them.

I trust the Tbag  was Tetley !!
2017-2-1
Use props
J-Darcy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 847428 ft
United Kingdom

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-2-1 04:30
Welcome to the 'prop club" sorry to say i was one of the first to get an I2 with this problem. And at that time DJI was not cooperative so i found a solution and was able to get back in the air whilst i waited for DJI to send the new props.

I will be honest i don't trust the design of the DJI props and have resorted to buying an alternate set made with carbon fibre. delivery is any day now and will report back on the product once i have tested them.

I was toying with the idea of carbon fibre props... (like the Inspire 1?)
Out of interest where did you order them from? (PM if against forum rules)

I tried to get flying again by ordering some replacement props from 3x different suppliers... and as DJI dispatched 1st despite the turnaround time stated on the website... I just refunded the other 2 orders because they hadn't even dispatched yet.
If these props have same problem I'm sending them straight back as defective goods (I hope not though) - a bit of a pain waiting 45 mins to talk to a customer service rep via the chat.

HAHA - it was Yorkshire tea actually, only because costco sell them in 1.5kg builders bags
2017-2-1
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5821539 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi guys, just wanna let you know that my DJI customer support from Europe did replace the props without any questions. Regards, Gerry
2017-2-1
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
China

J-Darcy Posted at 2017-2-1 04:42
I was toying with the idea of carbon fibre props... (like the Inspire 1?)
Out of interest where did you order them from? (PM if against forum rules)

https://www.heliengadin.com/coll ... -folding-propellers

2017-2-1
Use props
fans9592b04d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 529462 ft
United States

I too have a pro issue with Inspire 2.  Mins rattles the same as others.  Just wanted to add a voice to the problem.  
2017-2-6
Use props
J74656
New
Flight distance : 32707 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

just had a new inspire 2 and yes four of the red props are just slightly loose and when you mount them and gently wiggle them there is definitely a slight wobble there which will cause vibration so i had contacted DJI Support and requested these get replaced. White ones seem o.k. and there is no wobble unlike the red ones. Does anyone know if the replacement ones off Heliguy are o.k. and don't have this problem?  https://www.heliguy.com/dji-insp ... se-propellers-p4166
2017-3-20
Use props
allanart
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1050577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DaveDotNet Posted at 2017-1-23 03:44

CAS-422648-H9W3Z7

Hi Dave.
I'm pretty sure I can help you with this. I had the same problem and solved it. You have a Personal Message from me with contact details  (see your Personal Home Page) ..
Regards
Allan
2017-3-20
Use props
skyway
lvl.1
Flight distance : 663 ft
United States

DJI are shipping defective 1550T props ...be aware !!!

7 day refund policy even with manufacturing  defects
{:4_154:}
2017-3-28
Use props
jfly62
New
United Kingdom

my first re prop became loose after an hour's flying, the second red prop lasted less time and rattles so badly when you spin it round its clearly not safe to fly. Spoke to the reseller (LCE) who said speak to DJI so they weren't jumping up to resolve the issue so I emailed DJI asking for replacement props at the weekend and not heard anything yet.

Will let you know the progress.

I'm aware of the workarounds (super glue, foam etc) but don't intend to fix a problem on a £3k piece of kit that the manufacturer's should fix.
2017-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules