phantom 2 vision + will not play videos
6139 18 2015-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tucknrotor
lvl.1

United States

i recently purchased the new version dji phantom 2 vision plus...flys great everything works fine but...i cant find a way to see my videos im recording. if i use the fpv with the app it shows an sd card present and says its recording but it doesnt allow it to playback. even if i take the sd card out and install it in my tablet it still wont play. but images that i capture show up. whats going on? bad sd card slot or am i doing something wrong or need something to play these files. ive tried 5 different sd cards... a class 4 factory sandisc 3 different samsung 16gb class 10 and 1 samsung class 6 16gm... all do the samething. im so ready to go back to my 1.1.1
2015-2-17
Use props
tonyphantom147.
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I encourage you to read the user manual. Your answer is on either page 13 or 37
2015-2-17
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

Hi, are you switching off the phantom before the camera? wrong way round if so.  You must switch off your camera and wait a few seconds for the data to download to your card and write the close properly.   Then switch off the phantom.  If you are already doing that, get back here and tell us yopur exact procedure so the folk here can see what may be causing your problem.

Cheers!
Rod

{:3_46:}
2015-2-17
Use props
grangerfx.gmail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

Try a better video player app like VLC that supports more formats. If you have a laptop or desktop computer, try playing the videos there. Remember to stop recording before turning off the Phantom.
2015-2-17
Use props
tucknrotor
lvl.1

United States

thanks for the quick help...so i double checked the manual and everything i did was correct. this is what i just did now (about to make a video next) i insert a new sd card (sandisc 4gb factory from the dealer) i power on the controller and then power on the wifi extender (100% charged batteries) then i power on the phantom and while that looks for gps i wait for my phone to connect which it does normally. i enter the app...format the sd card. once that completes i tap the record button...it makes a noise and the clock runs. i let it run for about 20 secs and then hit record again to end it. i wait for about 30 seconds then go to my album. it takes about 15 seconds for the image to show up and i press play... message comes up say "can not play video" i repeat this about 5 times same damn thing. now i did sucessfully record and view a video on this before so idk why its not doing it now. it almost seems like its not transferring onto the sd card but acts like it is on the display. sooooo frustrating!!!
2015-2-17
Use props
tucknrotor
lvl.1

United States

found some new info but still a bust grrrr i was able to get a video to play thru the app and into the album just doing the same process. i was also able to get a video to save to the sd card by manually hitting the camera button on the gimbal. but with the controller on and the wifi on it will not save to the sd card... wtf?
2015-2-17
Use props
johnwarr.live
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

So if I get this right, you start the Phantom and record 20 minutes of video, then try and watch it back immediately on your phone ?
Sorry but the Phantom does not work that way.
In order to view the video on your phone after shooting you will need to sync the data with your phone over the Phantom Wi-Fi, this will take ages to sync, well over half an hour, then you can view the video from the album if your phone will play HD video.

The Phantom saves photos and video to the micro SD card in the camera only.
2015-2-18
Use props
leehartley2000
lvl.2

United States

johnwarr.live Posted at 2015-2-18 16:50
So if I get this right, you start the Phantom and record 20 minutes of video, then try and watch it  ...

My Iphone will play the video file directly from the Phantom without downloading or syncing.  It stops for buffering every 30 seconds but otherwise looks fine.
2015-2-18
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

tuck, i think you are not stating the problem correctly.  the sd card is actually where the phantom saves the file in the first place.  your statement that  'it will not save to the sd card' makes no sense.  if it didnt save it to the SD card, you would never (in any way) see any evidence of the video.  the video can only exist on the sd card to begin with.  the app does allow you to xfer that sd card video file TO YOUR PHONE but that requires the wifi active and for videos (particularly a 20 min one) that will take A LONG TIME.  i did that once, never again.  what i do is simply remove the sd card, plug the sd card directly into my pc, and xfer from there to my pc.  now i have a non-plus so i cannot plug my pc directly into the camera, but since you have a plus, you can skip the card removal and go directly from the camera using a usb cable.  can you clarify your statements again as the sd card part i am not understanding how that is possible.
2015-2-18
Use props
tucknrotor
lvl.1

United States

No not 20 minutes 20 seconds!!!!! Im just trying short clips to get it to work. I feel like its the sd slot thats the issue.
2015-2-18
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

tucknrotor@hotm Posted at 2015-2-19 01:43
No not 20 minutes 20 seconds!!!!! Im just trying short clips to get it to work. I feel like its the  ...

If you did not have the sd card inserted or something was wrong with the sd card, you would not be able to take pictures or record videos at all.  Those options would not be functional on your app.
2015-2-18
Use props
tucknrotor
lvl.1

United States

Yea that makes sense...i will try a few more attempts tonight. Its just weird i got it to work a couple times where it played on the album on my phone thru the app and i was able to take out the sd card insert it into my tablet and it played. But only once every 20 times. I was pissed the 1st day i filmed a bunch of cool shots then went to check my footage and not one single video was able to play. Ive had sd card slot problems in the past before with laptops and even a gopro camera and it seems like this dji phantom 2 vision is doing something similar to that...
2015-2-18
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

yes, tuck it is possible i suppose.  but no, i have not had any slot or card issues at all with my phantom.
2015-2-18
Use props
tucknrotor
lvl.1

United States

Took the phantom to the local hobby store and a fella thats familiar with the phantom vision 2 + said its a bad camera...
2015-2-18
Use props
tucknrotor
lvl.1

United States

called dji today and they said they have been having a lot of people complain about this issue. also sd cards not wanting to remove from the slot. i have to send it out for them to repair it.
2015-2-18
Use props
meor
lvl.1

Malaysia

Tuck, I'm having exactly the same issue as you are. I only managed to view the video after installing the VLC app. The problem was not from your improper saving or downloading the videos but from the video viewing compatibility of your cellphone
2015-3-10
Use props
edbighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Austria

VLC player, or MX player, while solving it, is only a bandaid to this issue. My p2v v3 is two weeks old. It only sporadically played back videos within the DJI app. Same for videos downloaded from the FC200 into the device hosting DJI vision app. My camera being a two week old FC200 running 1.3.0 firmware. Today I swapped it for another never used FC200 running 1.2.8 firmware. Without VLC player or anything else, it instantly played back on the DJI vision app installed in my android device. Plays back perfect every single time no matter what the situation, length of video or outside temperature including this evening at -5 degrees Celsius. Hence, it's not the media player. It's either a defective camera or the 1.3.0 firmware. I'm not updating that firmware on my 1.2.8 camera for the life of me because I do not want to limit my options. One of them being able to upload videos on the go without the need for a laptop. Something that I've always been able to do on my visions and previous vision plus. So, while some media player is remedying the problem, it isn't exactly solving it because that problem was never there in the past and isn't there with my second, older firmware FC200 camera. Now...where the hell can I get a zipped file of either firmware 1.2.8 or 1.2.9. No 1.3.0 thank you very much.
2015-3-13
Use props
memelivorno
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287474 ft
Italy

Same here, I confirm that is a firmware 1.3.0g issue. With 1.2.9g everything works perfectly. Please DJI provide a link to 1.2.9g FC200 Firmware or fix this issue.
2015-3-13
Use props
edbighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Austria

I'm willing to pay money for whoever has that zipped file. A fair price. PayPal works.
2015-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules