Why choosing MAVIC PRO?
1076 8 2017-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jaom
New

Puerto Rico

Hi,

I have been analyzing which kind of drone to buy and for sure I will go with DJI. Now, I'm not sure if go with Mavic Pro or Phantom 4. I think is a good idea to share all pros and cons of your DJI drones in different enviroment(windy, sunny, night etc.) in a single post in this forum. This will help people like me to make the final call and get the correct drone. So let's start sharing the benefits and media of your drones and what you like more.

Thanks,
2017-1-22
Use props
NoSale
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

Haven't ordered my Mavic Pro yet.  I'm sure there are lots of pros/cons for the various DJI models.  But portability is at the top of my list and combined with reasonably good photo capabilities was all the pro I needed to make this choice.
2017-1-22
Use props
Rick A
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3566 ft
Canada

I was waiting for an announcement that expected to be coming soon. Long story short, I was looking for a drone for high resolution photography.... The Mavic isn't the drone I was looking for but it had so many great features that I ordered one to use it to test to see if drone technology was going to be a suitable tool for the research we do.
What sold me was that it had many new features, was very compact, lightweight, and portable. In addition, it was very easy to fly. The downside was that the camera, while it produces images that are the equivalent of the P4, does not have the high resolution that we are looking for.
I will not be able to actually use the Mavic for my specific research until spring but have been flying it as part of a learning curve. So far, we are quite certain that it will be able to give us most everything we will need except for digital images with a much higher resolution.
As a bonus that we were not planning for, we will be able to use it to broadcast live using social media and create some live interactive sessions with kids in classrooms making it a very unique educational tool.I have flown it with some pretty strong sustained and gusty winds and have been very impressed with its stability. Personally, I feel the Mavic is a superior drone to the P4 due to its portability. Pretty much everything the P4 can do, the Mavic can do as well but it is so compact and quick to set up. It is so easy to take with me when going out for a hike, a short drive, etc. that I hardly know it is there. I've taken it on a couple of trips now crossing borders and flying in airlines. Again, very compact, easily fits into any carry on bag with lots of room to spare, no problems with security or customs.

2017-1-22
Use props
Mikonou
lvl.2

Philippines

The one thing that made me purchase the mavic was the size and weight compared to the phantoms. Remember the good ole saying.... The best camera... is the one you have with you.
2017-1-22
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The most important feature:

It is so freakinnnnn fun to fly...Again for professional shoot and stills you need the P4P but if you are buying it for a hobby than the MAVIC PRO...  RULES!!   

BTW, I have all 3, p4p, p4p+ and the Mavic Pro

Protect animal population. Spayed or Neutered? and License your Pet!
2017-1-22
Use props
BentonJoyce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234318 ft
United States

Depends on what you're looking for honestly. The mavic is a fantastic drone stable in wind, great distance, good for indoor flight, it has intelligent features. The camera is great and most people will be very impressed with your footage. However, if you want something with a more professional camera the phantom 4 pro is your drone but you lose the portability and convenience of the mavic which can not be beat.
2017-1-22
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

I haven't ordered my mavic yet, but I think I'll fall for it during this week (I"m still a bit afraid of everything I read over here, troubles with the gimbal and loss of control...) To me what makes a difference between the mavic and any other drone is that a Phantom is a great drone you take out for an specific flight, while the mavic is a drone you carry with you and fly whenever you find a good occasion. That's the biggest benefit to me.
2017-1-23
Use props
Wingman.kim
lvl.1
Flight distance : 135925 ft
Mongolia

I've been interested in drone for about a year but never had a chance to operate it. Finally, I just ordered and waiting to be delivered.  As a complete beginner, I decided to purchase mainly because of its compact size and portability with state of the art technology.  Another reason is a long range distance that Mavic can reach.   
2017-1-23
Use props
gibbd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18980 ft
United Kingdom

Rick A Posted at 2017-1-22 16:44
I was waiting for an announcement that expected to be coming soon. Long story short, I was looking for a drone for high resolution photography.... The Mavic isn't the drone I was looking for but it had so many great features that I ordered one to use it to test to see if drone technology was going to be a suitable tool for the research we do.
What sold me was that it had many new features, was very compact, lightweight, and portable. In addition, it was very easy to fly. The downside was that the camera, while it produces images that are the equivalent of the P4, does not have the high resolution that we are looking for.
I will not be able to actually use the Mavic for my specific research until spring but have been flying it as part of a learning curve. So far, we are quite certain that it will be able to give us most everything we will need except for digital images with a much higher resolution.

Personally, I bought the Mavic over the P4 (or P4P) for its portability.  Ill echo that the best camera, is the one you have with you generally.

Rick A, I have replied to your post as I have a couple of questions for you.    Before I go any further im just intrigued and im not trying question what you have said.

You mention that you were looking to use the drone for the research you do.  Firstly, your research sounds pretty interesting and fun if it involves the use of a drone     You mention that you were looking for a camera which took High Resolution photography. The mavic produces outstanding photos given the distance you can be away from an object. Yes I cant read a number plate when up at 150ft and perhaps 1km away from the object, but im not sure many cameras on a drone would manage that, unless you put a DSLR on a $5000 drone.
I guess I question whether what you want to use the drone for is possible (without of course going down the high end professional route with professional external camera equipment), although im not sure what your 'research' is involving.   The mavic is a prosumer drone, rather than a workhorse.  That being said, it can take some pretty harsh conditions and stand up to them incredibly.    Id be interested to hear more about what your research involves in terms of the drone, and maybe your statements would become much clearer
2017-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules