Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Help! How do i upload videos from the memory card?
612 4 2017-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob Weeks 9
lvl.1

United States

Im totally new to the phantom 3. I would like to share some of my first videos with family. Uploading a 3 minute video on youtube seems to be taking several hours. Is this normal? Can someone lead me in the right direction as far as moving the video off the card or computer and onto a social platform or youtube? Thanks
2017-1-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I guess it depends mostly on your home computer. Or your allowable internet speed actually. ;-)

It might take longer or less time whether the Youtube server is busy as well.  

Perhaps try uploading your video files to http://www.Vimeo.com too.

RedHotPoker

2017-1-22
Use props
Rob Weeks 9
lvl.1

United States

Thank you, I will give that a try. My internet speeds are not the greatest as I live very rural. I only recently was able to get internet that has unlimited bandwidth. I'm only showing 31% of my 3 minute video with  hours and 51 mins left to upload it. My internet isn't the fastest but isn't the slowest either. Do I need to be converting the video over to some other kind of format? All I did was save it to my computer in my videos section and now uploading from that file onto youtube.
2017-1-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, probably your internet speed is the reason it takes a while to complete. So No it should be fine, YouTube will do all the conversions if necessary.
Just be patient. Go RTFM or omething equally constructive. HaIf your smart, get a few more micro sd cards, and another flight battery.  & Go flying. . .  ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-22
Use props
Cabansail
Second Officer
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

I would also suggest uploading file reduced in resolution and maybe with some compression especially if you have low speed. It does not have to be full resolution for viewing on the web.
2017-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules