1282 5 2017-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ricci2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

I like to have the best tech available and so when the M600 hit the scene I was more than happy to give it a go  but six months later the pro version appeared so with due diligence I thought I would have a proper look at the specs and not read what DJI would like you to listen too.
I think the M600 is a fabulous machine with development faults that the designers are trying to iron out along with the new owners, reluctantly sometimes and justifiably too when a design fault shows up. What's not written down is the pioneering work done by the community to get over some fundamental issues a flying film platform has to overcome? If your naive enough to think you can buy a device like a drone off the shelf and expect it to work every time then you are a fool to yourself. This is a new and emerging technology that has not come of age because the immense diversity and scope to expand with electronics, sensors, cameras and video, radiometry, aerodynamics, plus, all in a scaled down form.
Should you have the opinion that I paid a lot of money for a product and it has not met the standard to which the selling blurb has portrayed you have entered into the wrong field of play and occupation, should you think other manufactures offer a better product then just view their forum's and read about there issues. we are a small community in the world and as such we should not expect to apply the same rules as you would a car manufacture, these are development tools with a future, however companies should make it clear to the buyers there will be issues despite their best efforts to supply a bit of kit that works.
In short we as pilots are pushing the boundaries of toys into the world of flight and discovery and should be tolerant to the downside if the drone industry is to continue, that said if a company promises a device will do something then it really should and being open to the clever people of the community is a must or we will fight back with our hard earned money and go somewhere else.
Marketing a new product is not engineering a product so the hype in words can confuse and baffle which is what most marketeers aim to do, so I wanted to find the facts about the M600 Pro and should I upgrade?  (all data has been taken from the DJI webpages)

M600 vM600 pro.

First difference is the hight of the pro, its 32mm smaller in height,
Battery weights are identical in all fields.
Takeoff weight is 400g more on the pro and I cant see why because it is actually smaller
Top speed, pro is 40mph, M600 40.26mph
Max ceiling, pro, 4500m with 2195 props or 2500m with 2170R,  M600 the same but 2195 have only been launched with pro and with a proviso, 2195 props are only for above 2500m to 4500m or they state motor damage could happen on the pro.
Hover time is down on pro, down by 3 mins to 32min no load and both 16 mins with 6kg, seems odd.
Uprated battery in hover is also down on pro to 38min, M600 40min, both with 5.5kg load 18min.
Both use 6* 6010 motors.
The package has been slightly redesigned to fit into a small overall size for transportation which is a good thing, so this might be where the extra weight is.
The pro said it has an A3 pro flight control system, however the three added gps and Imu’s are an optional not standard when you look at the "whats in the box" pdf. so there is no difference in the A3 controller, and when you fit the additional imu,gps you automatically have an A3 pro controller, DJI words not mine, words to confuse I think.
The pro has a higher capacity charger and some rubber dampers for the imu and A3, the pro is heaver by 400g but claims to lift an extra 400g so nullifying all the gains.
This spec was taken from the DJI website for both craft and if you look in the FAQ for the pro it is full of mistakes under " the difference between M600 and pro", I say mistakes but maybe I mean marketing. I conclude the M600 is better value for money but the M600 pro might have all the early issues mostly sorted without having to offer free upgrades. Hats off to the marketing department for increasing the price for adding the word "PRO" All the above differences can be retro fitted if you have some tools and the willpower and some foam rubber. Nice try DJI but we see what you were doing.
Should the specs not contain all the improvements to the pro and there are some genuine under the cover improvements please feel free to correct me, but if you do, sack the marketing department first for missing a trick?
I will stay with the M600 because it's not worth an upgrade and DJI have done a great job of designing a credible film platform and had the hindsight to implement a forum, however with a few of the products falling into "Built on Friday" syndrome, I guess s**t happens , so its said.
rant over, happy flying

Ricci

2017-1-22
Use props
R.P.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 172375 ft
United States

I only have the M600 Pro but it is my understanding that setup is much faster with the Pro version and that is pretty important for my line of work. So far I am very happy with how well it performs.
2017-1-23
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

Greetings R.P
I can see that later iterations should make the craft better simply because they learn from the older versions issues however for the few minor improvements the upgrade is financially not worth the investment yet.
I defiantly was not doing the Pro down as it is essentially A M600 and I am glad you are a happy camper, its great to know.

happy flying

Ricci
2017-1-23
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1135738 ft
Italy

R.P. Posted at 2017-1-23 07:28
I only have the M600 Pro but it is my understanding that setup is much faster with the Pro version and that is pretty important for my line of work. So far I am very happy with how well it performs.

With setup, do you mean the first build (RTF out of the box)? then it is faster. Otherwise it is actually slower or the same.
If you want to get ready to fly with the Pro you actually need to attach the legs first, with the M600 you don't, the only advantage of the Pro is a smaller size while transporting it, but then again to take advantage of that you need to mount the legs and unmount them every time.

But you could explain to me what you meant.
2017-1-24
Use props
R.P.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 172375 ft
United States

P.R Posted at 2017-1-24 03:30
With setup, do you mean the first build (RTF out of the box)? then it is faster. Otherwise it is actually slower or the same.
If you want to get ready to fly with the Pro you actually need to attach the legs first, with the M600 you don't, the only advantage of the Pro is a smaller size while transporting it, but then again to take advantage of that you need to mount the legs and unmount them every time.

My M600 Pro travels fully assembled. I attach nothing. All I do is raise the A3 and RTK antennas and I'm ready to go.
2017-2-4
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1135738 ft
Italy

R.P. Posted at 2017-2-4 14:49
My M600 Pro travels fully assembled. I attach nothing. All I do is raise the A3 and RTK antennas and I'm ready to go.

So it's identical to the M600, I do just the same with the M600 as you do with the M600P. The thing is the M600P has a much better value then the M600
2017-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules