It's been awhile, Z3 is do for an update!?
688 8 2017-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BIGDZ
First Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

okay, I ve been flying my I1 Z3 for a month or so, and been ignoring the update, well... I can't update the new I1 fw because my Z3 won't let me(don't have x3 or x5). So when will there be an update for the Z3. I have the MOST RECENT fw to date...really curious....
2017-1-23
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

What F/W are you on presently? It may be that you are not missing anything and therefore no point in updating. DJI are aware of the issue so fix is imminent.

Hold tight there dude, I'm sure it's on its way.

Mark G.
2017-1-26
Use props
BIGDZ
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-1-26 02:07
What F/W are you on presently? It may be that you are not missing anything and therefore no point in updating. DJI are aware of the issue so fix is imminent.

Hold tight there dude, I'm sure it's on its way.

I'm on the most recent fw(believe that's 1.9.1.4) . Hard to be patient when (z3) owners have been dealing with issues since it's release, so I think I( and other owners) have the  right to  be impatien,t as well as upset; drop $900 on something that doesn't work as promised, and see how you feel!
2017-1-26
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

You didn't mention you were having problems with your Z3. What is it doing, or not doing?
2017-1-26
Use props
Yellowstone Dro
New

United States

I have only a Z3 as well with my Inspire 1 the latest update is V 1.9.1.40 and if you run it it updates the camera but not the aircraft which is left at V1.9.1.30 and the app indicates the aircraft needs upgrade.
Haven't been able to workaround this problem. Im with BIGDZ,For $900 this thing should work perfect out of the box or we should be refunded our money. DJI support has no idea what to do.
2017-1-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

BIGDZ Posted at 2017-1-26 04:38
I'm on the most recent fw(believe that's 1.9.1.4) . Hard to be patient when (z3) owners have been dealing with issues since it's release, so I think I( and other owners) have the  right to  be impatien,t as well as upset; drop $900 on something that doesn't work as promised, and see how you feel!

What issues are you currently having with the Z3? The last time I followed with your rig, the 4K latency for FPV could be improved but otherwise functioned well. Is there something I've missed thus far?

2017-1-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Yellowstone Dro Posted at 2017-1-26 08:04
I have only a Z3 as well with my Inspire 1 the latest update is V 1.9.1.40 and if you run it it updates the camera but not the aircraft which is left at V1.9.1.30 and the app indicates the aircraft needs upgrade.
Haven't been able to workaround this problem. Im with BIGDZ,For $900 this thing should work perfect out of the box or we should be refunded our money. DJI support has no idea what to do.

I had brought this to the Development team to provide the v01.10.01.40 when updating with the Z3. It was something being worked on. This aircraft firmware only removed a few NFZ areas, but no other aircraft improvements were mentioned. If your unit is working well, you can skip this firmware for the time being. If you happen to have a local dealer or a friend who has either an X3 or X5, you can update the aircraft that way.
2017-1-26
Use props
BIGDZ
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-26 15:56
What issues are you currently having with the Z3? The last time I followed with your rig, the 4K latency for FPV could be improved but otherwise functioned well. Is there something I've missed thus far?

No issues (yet) all seems to be working, just wondering if there will be a solution for upgrading new/future fw updates.

I understand this FW update  isn't a big one, but what happens when the next one comes and you guys still have no answer. I honestly don't have a place to go to;  to borrow an x3 to update new fw releases.
2017-1-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

BIGDZ Posted at 2017-1-26 19:38
No issues (yet) all seems to be working, just wondering if there will be a solution for upgrading new/future fw updates.

I understand this FW update  isn't a big one, but what happens when the next one comes and you guys still have no answer. I honestly don't have a place to go to;  to borrow an x3 to update new fw releases.

I'm looking into getting that addressed. Worse case if there's a bigger firmware coming out sooner than the need for the v01.10.01.40, then we will ensure that a Z3 update package is made available.
2017-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules