Where are my pics/vids?
1632 10 2017-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stalker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13632 ft
Netherlands

Maiden flight of my P4P today. I took it really easy and went through an extensive checklist before taking off. The flight went well, and I shot some videos and pictures for testing purposes. Back home I connected the P4P to my Mac (USB) but the SD-card was empty. On my iPad I was able to watch the recorded videos, and even managed to transfer one photo to 'Photos'.
So I formatted the SD-card, from within DJI Go4, and recorded another video and photo (this time set to RAW). Again, nothing on the SD-card but the playback on the iPad went well, yet for some strange reason there was no longer the option to move files to the 'Photos' app.

What am I missing?
2017-1-23
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

Did you stop the video when you landed if not it won't save to the card
2017-1-23
Use props
Helimage
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144140 ft
Finland

So you can open the SD card but there's absolutely nothing in there? No folders?
2017-1-23
Use props
stalker
lvl.4
Netherlands

Steve-76 Posted at 2017-1-23 08:40

Yes I did. There were three separate videos, which I was able to watch on my iPad.
2017-1-23
Use props
stalker
lvl.4
Netherlands

Helimage Posted at 2017-1-23 10:21
So you can open the SD card but there's absolutely nothing in there? No folders?

Indeed. The root shows a NONAME external storage, inside there's DCIM which is empty.
2017-1-23
Use props
Helimage
lvl.3
Finland

stalker Posted at 2017-1-23 10:35
Indeed. The root shows a NONAME external storage, inside there's DCIM which is empty.

That is very interesting. When you take a picture, can you preview it in DJI GO by pressing the slideshow button in the bottom right corner?
2017-1-23
Use props
stalker
lvl.4
Netherlands

Helimage Posted at 2017-1-23 10:41
That is very interesting. When you take a picture, can you preview it in DJI GO by pressing the slideshow button in the bottom right corner?

Yes. I was able to watch all videos and pictures in DJI GO.

Remarkable: after failing to retrieve the files from the SD card, I formatted the card and I could no longer see the videos and pictures in DJI GO, they were gone.

Then I made another video and photo, unfortunately with the same result.
2017-1-23
Use props
Helimage
lvl.3
Finland

Have you tried plugging the Phantom straight into your PC? You know, without taking the card out of the drone? See if you can find the files that way. Remember to power on the drone, or your PC won't recognize it. Sounds far-fetched, but I'm out of ideas.
2017-1-23
Use props
Helimage
lvl.3
Finland

Helimage Posted at 2017-1-23 12:20
Have you tried plugging the Phantom straight into your PC? You know, without taking the card out of the drone? See if you can find the files that way. Remember to power on the drone, or your PC won't recognize it. Sounds far-fetched, but I'm out of ideas.

Nevermind, I just saw that you did plug it straight into your Mac. You might wanna try a card reader then, or a different operating system. Perhaps your Mac doesn't like your drone.
2017-1-23
Use props
bsett
lvl.2
United States

Steve-76 Posted at 2017-1-23 08:40

Not sure this is the case anymore as I have a couple videos that end with a view of my feet as I bend over to turn off the battery on the P4P :-).
2017-1-23
Use props
stalker
lvl.4
Netherlands

Update: the issue has magically disappeared. Yes I have tried 'turning it off and on again' but for some reason I was able to access the content on the SD card today.
Am I perfectly happy now? Well, happy that it's working but it will take before I'm confident there's no more strange glitches...

Thanks guys for thinking along and I will update this thread if there's another SD-card failure.
2017-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules