unable to connect mavic to dji go4
9841 38 2017-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ieraxview-mvp01
lvl.1

Greece

I have been using Dji Go app the last 15 days.
Yesterday i got a message that Dji will not support Go so i must migrate to Go4.
I have both apps on my android phone and started Go4 but is unable to connect to mavic.
When i go in the app my camera dose not show and it says not connected.
What should i do to migrate tro Go4?

2017-1-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry you are having difficulties, what device are you using?
Can you sync your flight records, then delete both apps and reinstall GO4 to see if this resolves it.
2017-1-23
Use props
Wes1977
lvl.2
Flight distance : 363862 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-23 08:24
Can you sync your flight records, then delete both apps and reinstall GO4 to see if this resolves it.

Ken when you guys stop supporting DJI Go and only use DJI  G04 you are going to ground some drones.  My Samsung Tab 4, 7" will not run 4 but 3 no problem.
2017-1-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Wes1977 Posted at 2017-1-23 10:10
Ken when you guys stop supporting DJI Go and only use DJI  G04 you are going to ground some drones.  My Samsung Tab 4, 7" will not run 4 but 3 no problem.

I don't know if or when they would stop the regular GO.
But if they do then it may require you to update your device.
When they went from the Pilot app to the GO app, I had to get a newer iPad if I wanted to stay current. It's just part of technology moving forward.
2017-1-23
Use props
ieraxview-mvp01
lvl.1

Greece

i am using ulefone power 5,5inch
2017-1-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ieraxview-mvp01 Posted at 2017-1-23 10:40
i am using ulefone power 5,5inch

Here is the list of DJI recommended devices, can you try one of these.

ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.
2017-1-23
Use props
sjassie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4603 ft
Netherlands

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-23 11:10

I am using DJI GO4 on the Samsung Galaxy A3 for my Mavic Pro. no problems.
jAn
2017-1-29
Use props
ay6810
lvl.2
Flight distance : 76631 ft
Singapore

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-23 11:10

Hi Ken, I'm using ASUS ZENFONE 3 DELUXE, had no problems downloading and installing DJI GO 4 but was unable to connect the Mavic to the app? I hsd no issues with DJI GO app. Should I carry on using Go and not GO4? Should I try relinking the RC to the aircraft?
2017-1-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

sjassie Posted at 2017-1-29 02:50
I am using DJI GO4 on the Samsung Galaxy A3 for my Mavic Pro. no problems.
jAn

Yes, other devices may work, but not 100%. The posted devices are what DJI have tested and fully work.
2017-1-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ay6810 Posted at 2017-1-30 07:08
Hi Ken, I'm using ASUS ZENFONE 3 DELUXE, had no problems downloading and installing DJI GO 4 but was unable to connect the Mavic to the app? I hsd no issues with DJI GO app. Should I carry on using Go and not GO4? Should I try relinking the RC to the aircraft?

It you can connect to the GO but not GO4, then it has nothing to do with linking your aircraft as it has to be linked since it works with the regular GO app.
I think you may have to sue the regular GO until you get another device.
Or also ti could be that you have allowed all the permissions on the GO, but not GO4.
2017-1-30
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

First of all don't run both applications in the same phone, as one might interfere with the other. Uninstall both, cleanup the folders, install only one of them (I'd suggest 4)

Then, a lot of cables have been reported malfunctioning. Try removing the cable attached to the controller (the one that goes on the side)  completely and using your normal USB cable connected to the port at the bottom of the controller. Launch the application with that setup and check if your troubles are gone. If  so, it's just another faulty cable.

If all of the above doesn't work, you can also try enabling debug mode on your USB settings, as it's been reported to solve issues in some Android phones.

Finally... DJI guys, why don't you put this thing on a sticky note? Something like: If anything is wrong, change the cable and try again, some are faulty! Because I see it's solving lots of issues here...
2017-1-30
Use props
SQUADRI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1158 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-30 07:14
It you can connect to the GO but not GO4, then it has nothing to do with linking your aircraft as it has to be linked since it works with the regular GO app.
I think you may have to sue the regular GO until you get another device.
Or also ti could be that you have allowed all the permissions on the GO, but not GO4.

Hi Ken,

I have the same issue, on my Samsung S5  DJI GO works perfectly fine and once I installed GO 4 it won't work.  I tried pretty much everything and all combination from uninstalling DJI GO, re-installing GO4 and rebooting etc.  Simply it won't connect to the Mavic using DJI GO 4.   I am running android 6+.   

Now, I finally gave up and flying via Lichi.   I really would like to have GO 4 work with my S5. as you said if DJI Go works then DJI GO4 should work also, but it does not.

Is there any particular settings which needs to be tweaked with GO 4.   I believe when DJI states it won't support meaning no technical support and eventually would become obsolete but it does not mean all aircrafts will be grounded using DJI GO.  Usually that is the best practice followed in software industry.

Please let us know if there is any specific settings needs to be changed while using GO4 on android 6+ Samsung S5.

Thanks, Squadri.

2017-1-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

SQUADRI Posted at 2017-1-30 07:39
Hi Ken,

I have the same issue, on my Samsung S5  DJI GO works perfectly fine and once I installed GO 4 it won't work.  I tried pretty much everything and all combination from uninstalling DJI GO, re-installing GO4 and rebooting etc.  Simply it won't connect to the Mavic using DJI GO 4.   I am running android 6+.   

The Samsung Galaxy S5 is on the DJI recommended list so it should work just the same as the GO app.
It may be some security settings or permissions that when installing GO4 that you didn't allow the permissions.
I've reported your issue to see if any setting change would resolve it.
2017-1-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

CuaC Posted at 2017-1-30 07:30
First of all don't run both applications in the same phone, as one might interfere with the other. Uninstall both, cleanup the folders, install only one of them (I'd suggest 4)

Then, a lot of cables have been reported malfunctioning. Try removing the cable attached to the controller (the one that goes on the side)  completely and using your normal USB cable connected to the port at the bottom of the controller. Launch the application with that setup and check if your troubles are gone. If  so, it's just another faulty cable.

It it works with GO but not GO4, that would not be a cable issue.
2017-1-30
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.3

United States

Im Using GO3.0.1 until my app doesn't connect the aircraft.  This GO4 mandate is ridiculous.  Go3 works perfectly and has Google maps.  Ken what does the app not being supported mean?  You can't fly with it starting Wednesday?
2017-1-30
Use props
Gunglejim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102359 ft
Canada

I too can not connect to my Mavic with the DJI GO4, works perfect with the DJI Go. Am using a 7" Galaxy Tab A (2016) with Android version 5.1.1    Just hoping I don't have to go through the expense of having to buy a new device to fly it.  
Another questions comes to mind as well is, 'Will the DJI GO eventually quit working with the Mavic if you don't upgrade to the GO4?'
2017-1-30
Use props
UtopianCrew
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5213 ft
United States

Is you device not connecting to the controller or your controller not connecting to the aircraft
2017-1-30
Use props
UtopianCrew
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5213 ft
United States

If ti is your device not connecting to the controller try the bottom usb a port
2017-1-30
Use props
Gunglejim
lvl.2
Canada

That is how I connect to the Remote Controller is by the USB at the bottom and the only way I can with this tablet.

Here is one thing I see that is different between GO & GO4.
In the USB PC Connection: Connect as:
1. Media Device (MTP)
2. Camera (PTP)

With the GO4 it is all greyed out.
With GO #2 Camera is selected and it connects to the Mavic.

This tells me there is a difference in the GO & GO4  software. So I'm sticking with GO and hope to keep flying until there is a fix for GO4.
2017-1-30
Use props
ay6810
lvl.2
Flight distance : 76631 ft
Singapore

ay6810 Posted at 2017-1-30 07:08

Hi Ken, what I did to resolve it was set yhe phone to developer status, start RC, then start GO4 app, start Mavic, then plug in usb cable into the phone after the RC connected to the Mavic. It displayed 'Connected' after that!
Thanks to a tip from another thread about this problem plaguing some phones....
2017-1-30
Use props
Gunglejim
lvl.2
Canada

Got GO4 to work finally.    Did a complete uninstall again and then did a 'smart clean' cleaning out any rogue files and cleared the cache. Reinstalled and this time I got asked to make it the 'Default' app for this purpose. Seems to have done the trick and connects to the Mavic, will have to wait for another day to take it out for a flight to see all works well. Must have been something left behind when I uninstalled before.
2017-1-30
Use props
HWKIDD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22877 ft
United States

seems most of these issues are when both apps are on a  single phone,   they need to be removed  and only  dji go4  installed,  I think that will clear most problems up,  based on all the things I read, and  what I had to do on my Samsung s5  after dji go 4 came out and I installed it,  could not connect,  until I removed 3 and  re installed 4,,, hope that help,  good luck
2017-1-30
Use props
jeep_raptor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 341371 ft
United States

Im now having the same issue with my tab 4 I have tried everything that I've read and it still does not work. Very frustrating.
2017-2-8
Use props
jeep_raptor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 341371 ft
United States

Gunglejim Posted at 2017-1-30 14:08
That is how I connect to the Remote Controller is by the USB at the bottom and the only way I can with this tablet.

Here is one thing I see that is different between GO & GO4.

I have tried many different cables and the USB notification never pops up....works fine with my Galaxy s7 active...
2017-2-8
Use props
ieraxview-mvp01
lvl.1

Greece

jeep_raptor Posted at 2017-2-8 16:07
Im now having the same issue with my tab 4 I have tried everything that I've read and it still does not work. Very frustrating.

The solution that worked for me is to uninstall all and reinstall GO4.
The other problem was that the USB cable in the package is only for powering the battery on the controller. So i used an other USB cable that i had and all worked well.
I insist you try an other USB cable before you do what i did.
2017-2-9
Use props
CatMavic
lvl.1

United States

Gunglejim Posted at 2017-1-30 18:26
Got GO4 to work finally.    Did a complete uninstall again and then did a 'smart clean' cleaning out any rogue files and cleared the cache. Reinstalled and this time I got asked to make it the 'Default' app for this purpose. Seems to have done the trick and connects to the Mavic, will have to wait for another day to take it out for a flight to see all works well. Must have been something left behind when I uninstalled before.

I am going to follow your lead and keep my fingers crossed.
2017-2-10
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-23 10:19
I don't know if or when they would stop the regular GO.
But if they do then it may require you to update your device.
When they went from the Pilot app to the GO app, I had to get a newer iPad if I wanted to stay current. It's just part of technology moving forward.

But this should have been told us BEFORE we ordered. Mavic purchasers made their purchase decision on the list of compatible devices and it MOST UNFAIR to change these after just 3 months of Mavic beeing available for purchase !

A smartphone costs 500 to 700 bucks and almost no one would like to buy a new smartphone just because DJI changes their mind ..............................
2017-2-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-2-10 01:26
But this should have been told us BEFORE we ordered. Mavic purchasers made their purchase decision on the list of compatible devices and it MOST UNFAIR to change these after just 3 months of Mavic beeing available for purchase !

A smartphone costs 500 to 700 bucks and almost no one would like to buy a new smartphone just because DJI changes their mind ..............................

The list of compatible devices is still the same.
ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2017-2-10
Use props
copps
lvl.1
Germany

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-30 08:01
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is on the DJI recommended list so it should work just the same as the GO app.
It may be some security settings or permissions that when installing GO4 that you didn't allow the permissions.
I've reported your issue to see if any setting change would resolve it.

Whats that , one device ok the other not ? Most using systems are original android 5, 5.1, 6.0.
As a programmer of software i may say : if the app it is programmed exactly then the software must run on standard android always and not perhaps there and there.

And of course: Which peoples are so stupid and buyes high exoencive smartphones like samsung, which burns exploding, but most expencive and above with small screens and small memory by big prices.

I think, When there is inside in the smartphone enough space for memory to run the app quickly , that must be enough  for usable ground.  
The forum is full from this connect mistakes but it seems since month nothing happened. I am also most frustated over this problems. I am reseller from smartphones and tried many APPS for usable and employ, but that.... but i hope there are good workers in Application in the DJI Team to resolve soon, before loosing many frusted  DJI- Users
2017-4-1
Use props
copps
lvl.1
Germany

ieraxview-mvp01 Posted at 2017-2-9 12:10
The solution that worked for me is to uninstall all and reinstall GO4.
The other problem was that the USB cable in the package is only for powering the battery on the controller. So i used an other USB cable that i had and all worked well.
I insist you try an other USB cable before you do what i did.

luck for you ,
the cable inside in the package, i think, it is not only for loading.
I have used and one time it runs, the next time not. If there are all 4 oins used data conenction is possible.
If not never data conenction is possible, because neede all 5 opins.
You can connect withe cable USB to micro USb in the package for using loading as following:
Connect the Smartphone with this in to the USB-Slot of the Windows PC / notebook.
You will see conenct as "media device" , that means it is a data cable.

I think,  the USB-Connecting systemsoftware or the chip inside of the Controller is bad material.
Most times in ahrdwareproblems that is the ground of big problemes (my experience as IT people).   
2017-4-1
Use props
copps
lvl.1
Germany

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-2-10 01:26

yes it is so, as you think.
But that is not the main problem. when there big problems in connecting, it is a bad written software, and if not, much times it is bad nmaterial of components. USB-Connections needs good material behind the connector self, that is the used chip, and this chip needs good performance quality.
For this i think, peehaps the ciontrollers are in zhios point bad and of this some devices runs and other not, or sometimes yes and sonmetimes not.
I had this experience with tablet systems from chuwi.  At last the same pronlem , usb connect with sdcard - models sometimes run sometimes not.
I think DJI has to lock at this point, to resolve this big problems.   
2017-4-1
Use props
copps
lvl.1
Germany

And i think, it is a point to be have the possibilitiy to give back the complete system, because it is not as pronounced. in germany or USA i think , you can do fast  by adcocat.
And better, i hope so , the team of DJI is good enough to bring a new ground for "to have gladfull customers2, before going down by receiving  bad ponts ( instead +*+*+*+*+* only  -*.
The internet is full of connect problems by using mavic pro, that is the reality.
2017-4-1
Use props
copps
lvl.1
Germany

can you please tell what happens in the logic of connect procedure, when you use two different devices, perhaps sometime a smartphone 5.5" and another time a tablet 9.7" inch.
in this cases;  both with same standaed  android 5.1 or android 6.0 .

2017-4-1
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

copps Posted at 2017-4-1 12:42
And i think, it is a point to be have the possibilitiy to give back the complete system, because it is not as pronounced. in germany or USA i think , you can do fast  by adcocat.
And better, i hope so , the team of DJI is good enough to bring a new ground for "to have gladfull customers2, before going down by receiving  bad ponts ( instead +*+*+*+*+* only  -*.
The internet is full of connect problems by using mavic pro, that is the reality.

After getting an idea of the number of mavics out there. I think the connect problems are in the minority.
2017-4-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

copps Posted at 2017-4-1 12:49
can you please tell what happens in the logic of connect procedure, when you use two different devices, perhaps sometime a smartphone 5.5" and another time a tablet 9.7" inch.
in this cases;  both with same standaed  android 5.1 or android 6.0 .

I'm not fully understanding what you're asking.
It's totally fine to use as many devices as you wish.
You just have to sync the flight records on each one so they populate to all the other devices.
2017-4-1
Use props
jademan
New
United States

Thanks, Ay... That sequence made the magic happen on my Nexus 7.
2017-5-8
Use props
CharlieFliesDro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36148 ft
United States

just got my Mavic and cannot connect to the DJIGO4 app with my ZTE AXON7  tried changing the cords unhooking side use USB on the bottom of controller
upgraded firmwRE on the Mavic ...and the controler Still cant sync with DJIGO4 app... controller is hooked up to mavic
but app says disconnected
2017-5-27
Use props
Rafaocon
lvl.2
Spain

Hi since the update to DJI Go4 i can not fly with my Moto G3, i have changed mobile to an Asus Zenfone 3 and can not fly either.Both have Android 6+. The  App restart after 2-3 seconds. It is frustating to have a drone and being imposible to fly it...i can not understand how can it be an thousands of users around the world with same problem... If it doesnt work with Android , please let us know before buying or give us an iPhone in the box...
2017-7-21
Use props
notnewbie
New
United States

I just bought Mavic Pro. Used to have Phantom 2, Phantom 2 +, Phantom 3 Pro. After going to Africa Phantom 2 went in Missouri River  - don't drink and fly , Phantom 2+ stolen, Phantom 3 Pro gave to my grandkids so would have excuse to buy Mavic Pro. Using iPhone 6 +. Uninstalled DJI Go app and immediately installed DJI Go 4 without access to phone pix.  Would not connect and no feedback at all. Uninstalled DJI Go 4 then rebooted phone. Reinstalled DJI Go 4 with access to phone pix.  . Everything works fine. Not sure if the reboot or permit access to pix was the magic  Going out to fly my new Mavic Pro right now
2017-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules