3162 40 2017-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
willhay555
lvl.2
Flight distance : 481755 ft
United Kingdom

It's beaten me, I'm out.

The gimbal was not engaged within the clear plastic lock when I opened the box.
WP_20170123_14_11_27_Pro[1].jpg
2017-1-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There is a small piece broken off there alright, was gimbal clamp on properly, I've seen this before .
2017-1-23
Use props
willhay555
lvl.2
United Kingdom

The piece was floating inside the dome when I picked it up.
WP_20170123_12_28_02_Pro copy.jpg
2017-1-23
Use props
fans4b4416b1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3593 ft
United Kingdom

willhay555 Posted at 2017-1-23 08:46

I would have been gutted if that had happened to me.  I hope you get a replacement Mavic  in short order
and its a good one.

Eric
2017-1-23
Use props
Ob1415
lvl.2

United States

That's whack!  Sorry man, hope the next one finds it to you quickly and in one piece.
2017-1-23
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.3
Flight distance : 400190 ft
Canada

Bad luck. Submit a ticket and they'll get you a new one ASAP.
2017-1-23
Use props
willhay555
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Chaser720 Posted at 2017-1-23 09:04
Bad luck. Submit a ticket and they'll get you a new one ASAP.

No, they won't
2017-1-23
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try a little crazy glue then get her up in the air!!!!!!
2017-1-23
Use props
willhay555
lvl.2
United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-1-23 09:27
Try a little crazy glue then get her up in the air!!!!!!

I was more than willing to do that, but was concerned that the camera and/or gimbal had taken a whack, hard enough to break this cover.

Then I've tried it.
2017-1-23
Use props
Ob1415
lvl.2

United States

Maybe not the ASAP part as they are still on a crazy back order.  But I would think you'd have ZERO problem getting them to send you a replacement under warranty.
2017-1-23
Use props
Ob1415
lvl.2

United States

Maybe not the ASAP part as they are still on a back order.  But I would think you'd have ZERO problem getting them to send you a replacement under warranty.
2017-1-23
Use props
willhay555
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ob1415 Posted at 2017-1-23 09:38
Maybe not the ASAP part as they are still on a back order.  But I would think you'd have ZERO problem getting them to send you a replacement under warranty.

We can't get them in the UK.

I had to order from DigitalRev.
2017-1-23
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

willhay555 Posted at 2017-1-23 09:53
We can't get them in the UK.

I had to order from DigitalRev.

Dont you have a return policy with Digital rev?
2017-1-23
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

willhay555 Posted at 2017-1-23 09:33
I was more than willing to do that, but was concerned that the camera and/or gimbal had taken a whack, hard enough to break this cover.

Then I've tried it.

That's sucks, waiting all that time then this? I'm having a bit of bad luck myself, mavic has VPS issues and I received 2 defective phantom 4 pro's in a row. Waiting on my 3rd
2017-1-23
Use props
willhay555
lvl.2
United Kingdom

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-1-23 09:59
Dont you have a return policy with Digital rev?

Oh yeah, I'm about to see how good their customer service is.

I emailed them immediately on ident., about fifteen mins after I signed for it.

The gimbal was loose inside the dome, the clamp had no engaged with the gimbal or came out during transit.
2017-1-23
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

Contact customer support, get an RMA, UPS will deliver it to Holland and you should have it back within a couple of weeks or less. It's not ideal, but DJI seem to be pretty hot in response to warranty claims.
I sent mine back last Monday for a new camera and gimbal assembly. The cost of the complete camera is £170.25 plus £50.00 labour. The total you will pay will be nothing if approved, and it's pretty certain this will be the case. The quicker you organise an RMA the sooner you'll have it back. It's not great receiving damaged goods and it's fairly obvious this has been damaged in transit. The gimbal clamp will hold the camera in place during normal transit, but it looks like yours has had quite a knock. You may get a brand new one or just get yours back with a new camera. If the latter is the case, then write or attach a letter with the "Global Technical Support Form" and detail your concerns with the integrity of the whole unit given the violent impact the package must have sustained during transit.
When mine arrived the gimbal clamp wasn't supporting the camera, but the camera was luckily OK. My return was because of foreign material behind the lens inside the camera. I'm expecting it back by the end of the week.
2017-1-23
Use props
Brela
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5755 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry to hear about this Will I remember reading that you have been waiting for a long time like myself!
2017-1-23
Use props
willhay555
lvl.2
United Kingdom

The space between the gimbal and the front of the dome is so great that it makes the gimbal lock a complete waste of time.

Hey DJI, unless you want more returns create a simple yet effective means to stop the gimbal moving during transportation.
2017-1-27
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

willhay555 Posted at 2017-1-27 05:36
The space between the gimbal and the front of the dome is so great that it makes the gimbal lock a complete waste of time.

Hey DJI, unless you want more returns create a simple yet effective means to stop the gimbal moving during transportation.

Yep, this is how my 2nd Mavic was in the box.  I opened it right in front of a Best Buy employee.  So onto the 3rd Mavic.  It, too, had the gimbal lock & cover dislodged BUT the gimbal/camera were somehow fine.  This is now my current Mavic.

I feel guilty with my fortune (being able to replace bad Mavics) when it sure seems the UK orders really got the shaft.  That's a bummer, willhay555.
2017-1-27
Use props
kazcow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 454101 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have just done the paperwork for my DOA Mavic Pro - No Video from gimbal camera - encoder 0x800000 error. ZERO flighs on it
It goes a way for a bit when I re-flash the firmware - but as soon as Mavic has sat for a couple of hours - no video again. So probably a bad solder joint or capacitor somewhere - that gets "charged" by connecting the USB cable and updating the firmware.
2017-1-27
Use props
SPARKFLASH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 63743 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sucks.    Good luck with a speedy process.  I have tried returning and no luck, but hopefully they are better at warranty things.
2017-1-27
Use props
willhay555
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I've had the fly more on order from a UK distributor since the 5 Nov, still no show.

I bought from Hong Kong, digitalrev, and lost my DJI warranty, but so far digital rev have been great.
2017-1-28
Use props
SJT
lvl.2

United Kingdom

willhay555 Posted at 2017-1-28 14:13
I've had the fly more on order from a UK distributor since the 5 Nov, still no show.

I bought from Hong Kong, digitalrev, and lost my DJI warranty, but so far digital rev have been great.

I hope Digital Rev treat you kindly. I wouldn't touch them, or any HK reseller, with a barge pole.

I order a combo direct from DJI on Tuesday and it's arriving Monday. They have a warehouse full in Reading.
2017-1-28
Use props
fans2e9aa3da
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7159 ft
United States

Welcome to the bad right out of the box club
2017-1-28
Use props
Alan E
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6457 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh man I would have been so frustrated! I hope it gets resolved quickly for you.
2017-1-28
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Man, really sorry for you fella.  There is the main dome plus a tight-fitting gimbal clamp as well; looks like that clamp wasn't fitted properly.
I would speak to DJI directly as you will still have major delays dealing through a third party HK-based seller from the UK.
There are many UK owners of Mavics that have been able to order directly from DJI and have their orders delivered within 2-3 weeks.  You can get them in the UK; digitalrev may be a smidge cheaper but returning things will be hard and pricey...
Hope you get it sorted soon
Ian
2017-1-29
Use props
talingo
New

Panama

willhay555 Posted at 2017-1-23 08:46

Hello.  I just got my new Mavic yesterday with the same problem.  It’s difficult to me getting a new one because my unit was shipped from the USA to Central America.   I was wondering if you changed yours, and if this stays like this will it cause any future problems?.  Thanks for your help
2017-2-3
Use props
fans2b75c050
lvl.2

United States

Man, I feel for you. That sucks. I got my MAVIC combo on 2-2-17. It was all packed correct and works fine so far. But my gimble lock bracket on back of camera was broken also. Just had a crack And was not fully broken off yet.  Odd because the gimble lock was installed correctly ...... I called DJI the next day and they opened a case. I emailed DJI support back after getting case email. Supplied all info and pics needed. Have not heard back yet.  I was told it would be fixed under warranty , they should just send me the part to fit it. Very easy fix with 2 screws. Good luck and keep me posted. You may PM for more info. ....
IMG_5977.JPG
2017-2-3
Use props
talingo
New

Panama

fans2b75c050 Posted at 2017-2-3 14:52
Man, I feel for you. That sucks. I got my MAVIC combo on 2-2-17. It was all packed correct and works fine so far. But my gimble lock bracket on back of camera was broken also. Just had a crack And was not fully broken off yet.  Odd because the gimble lock was installed correctly ...... I called DJI the next day and they opened a case. I emailed DJI support back after getting case email. Supplied all info and pics needed. Have not heard back yet.  I was told it would be fixed under warranty , they should just send me the part to fit it. Very easy fix with 2 screws. Good luck and keep me posted. You may PM for more info. ....

Thanks for the reply.  If I open a case with DJI will they send me the part so I can fix it?  Or they will ask for the drone?  I bought mine on EBay.
2017-2-3
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

Same brake on mine. Brand new and broken backing.  https://forum.dji.com/thread-83507-1-1.html
2017-2-3
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

fans2b75c050 Posted at 2017-2-3 14:52

Same issue with me its such a bummer, i'm concerned if I send it back that they will send me a new one with the same issue. A replacement part is what I want too, it would be super easy and save everyone time and money.
2017-2-3
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

Anyone out there with a Mavic and a 3D printer?! I would love to buy this if someone could make it for me! My guess is that a lot of other people would appreciate it as well.
2017-2-3
Use props
fans2b75c050
lvl.2

United States

talingo Posted at 2017-2-3 15:12
Thanks for the reply.  If I open a case with DJI will they send me the part so I can fix it?  Or they will ask for the drone?  I bought mine on EBay.

I will let you know. Waiting on repair support to finish going over my case and let me know what they plan on doing. I did request the part so I can fix it myself. I am not sending my MAVIC back to DJI. It could easily get lost in the magic black hole that some appear to be disappearing into. .......
2017-2-3
Use props
talingo
New

Panama

fans2b75c050 Posted at 2017-2-3 21:24
I will let you know. Waiting on repair support to finish going over my case and let me know what they plan on doing. I did request the part so I can fix it myself. I am not sending my MAVIC back to DJI. It could easily get lost in the magic black hole that some appear to be disappearing into. .......

Thanks! Hope they can send the part.  
2017-2-4
Use props
AESTHETIC VIEWS
lvl.2
United States

Hi guys, what is the purpose of this back piece?
2017-2-4
Use props
fans2b75c050
lvl.2

United States

AESTHETIC VIEWS Posted at 2017-2-4 13:03
Hi guys, what is the purpose of this back piece?

It's a dual purpose bracket. First it helps support the camera when the gimble clamp is used. 2nd it provides minimal protection for the front axis motor and lens control wires.
2017-2-4
Use props
AESTHETIC VIEWS
lvl.2
United States

fans2b75c050 Posted at 2017-2-4 13:36
It's a dual purpose bracket. First it helps support the camera when the gimble clamp is used. 2nd it provides minimal protection for the front axis motor and lens control wires.

nice! thanks man
2017-2-4
Use props
willhay555
lvl.2
United Kingdom

My new unit has arrived

Digitalrev truly have been first class.
2017-2-6
Use props
fans2b75c050
lvl.2

United States

willhay555 Posted at 2017-2-6 10:11
My new unit has arrived

Digitalrev truly have been first class.

Glad to hear it. Hopefully no damage. Happy flying
2017-2-9
Use props
fans2b75c050
lvl.2

United States

talingo Posted at 2017-2-4 06:57
Thanks! Hope they can send the part.

Won't send me the part. They want me to send MAVIC back. Won't happen. I did buy 2 of the covers on EBAY. One new and the other repaired.  Got very lucky.
2017-2-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules