Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Sound Dropout with Rode VideoMic
1417 4 2017-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Upthedowns
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288353 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I just got hold of a Rode VideoMic (https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/9nm/R ... re-Mount/B00CAE8PM4) to use with my Osmo/Pro.

I've tested with both the X3 and X5 gimbals and am having a similar problem with both.

Having plugged everything in and switched on I either get no sound at all (yes, I know I need to go into the Camera Settings to enable sound), or even stranger it records sound and will let me turn up the gain but will then cut out the microphone altogether at varying points....or it may not.  It is completely intemittent as to whether or not the Osmo will record with the microphone.  Turn it all off and on again and it may or may not work.  I've had the gain set to 100 and it still worked fine so it's not an absolute gain issue but it just doesn't seem to work consistently.  I'm new to the Osmo forum and wondered if I was looking at a common problem here with a known solution?
2017-1-23
Use props
Merlynmage2574
New
United States

I had this problem recently with my rode videomic the back of the Mic can be unscrewed and I noticed that it was loosened. I tightened it up and haven't had issues since.
2017-3-22
Use props
Upthedowns
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks, I'll check thus but I'm not convinced the issue is with the mic as I've used it with no issues with my Olympus OM-D M5
2017-3-24
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

Upthedowns Posted at 2017-3-24 00:16
Thanks, I'll check thus but I'm not convinced the issue is with the mic as I've used it with no issues with my Olympus OM-D M5

Maybe you are inadvertently pulling the plug partway out?  Depending how and where you mounted it you may have some tension on the cord, or may pull on the cord with your gimball.
2017-3-25
Use props
Upthedowns
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Worth a check.  Time to get the duct tape out!
2017-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules