2115 2 2017-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Russ_Wildlife
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5249157 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

The M600 is by far one of the best machines to fly out there but if you dont have the Ronin MX balanced properly you are wasting your time!! Hopefully I will have some time this month to put a video together of the M600/Ronin MX/Red Weapon setup.

Just to list a few little things to get off my chest which will hopefully help you or save you some cash down the line.

The crazy jello/wobble you get even on a properly balanced Ronin MX is horrific whilst up in the sky, what seems to be great when balanced on the ground or used handheld but in the air is a totally different story. I have tried it all and many wasted days on this. Best way to get by this is third party accessories.... I have settled with Cinemilled Pro dovetail and both sizes of counterweights, this has been an absolute life saver. It went from giving up on this setup to loving it.

If you are thinking of getting the D-RTK GNSS, you are wasting your cash, this doesn't work, really disappointed about that.

If you are thinking the DJI Remote Stop/Start for RED cameras, you are wasting your time again, I have spent infuriating hours on this, I will just have to hope it works on my Sony A7Rii when I get it back.

With regards to focusing, I have gone away from the DJI's Focus kit as the range was not great at all and settled with RT Motions Latitude kit, not only is it simple to set up without all the extras of the DJI Focus kit, you can wirelessly focus pull with Nikon and Canon lenses without worrying about setting up a focus motor and on a good day at a range of around 1km. This also solves the problem I have with the DJI Remote Stop/Start but I can wirelessly record too!! It is also very handy to have the Foolcontrol app.

I work in Africa and the African sun does not like Apple's iPhones/iPads unless i have an icepack attached to them, this seems to help a lot with that 'bleeding image' or signal loss from overheating, therefore Small HD and Atomos monitors have saved my life on numerous occassions and I must admit Samsung hands down beats the iPhone/iPad in terms of image and signal. I can't wait for the Crystalsky to come out, I think it will be a life saver.

I will be doing some tests with the Sony A7Rii soon when mine gets back from a shoot and maybe balancing won't be too hard and that the Remote Stop/Start isn't a complete waste of cash.

I am a little disappointed about a few things especially the lack of info/tutorials on certain products, it's almost like 'here you go, go figure it out yourself' and the things that dented my wallet a bit that DO NOT work but all in all this M600/Ronin MX setup I have is amazing and works like a dream especially with the third party gear I am working with.

Russ

G0045199_ copy.jpg
2017-1-23
Use props
3x3q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 815666 ft
United States

This post is a sight for sore eyes. I have an M600, Ronin-MX, Sony A7Rii and sometimes RED Epic, and I'm experiencing quite a bit of jello in the sky. All balanced on the ground, just like yours.

I'm ordering the mounting plate you recommended right now.

Can you explain how exactly the added weight eliminated the jello you were experiencing? Where did you place the weight, and in response to what kind of jello?

Thanks so much for your insight.
2017-2-16
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1135738 ft
Italy

Is it possible to use a Pro camera (red, arri...) with a pro cine lens (canon cn, zeiss cp)? I have only seen pro cameras with photo lenses.
I take it it's not possible to balance properly, but can someone share if thats true
2017-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules