How does "Flight Telemetry" work?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GuyS
lvl.1

Canada

Flight Telemetry. A valuable tool without a doubt. It doesn't take too long into a flight when and the aircraft's distance makes it difficult to see whether it is going forwards or backwards, or even slightly to the left or right (you can't visually see the PSP gold stripes or red lights). So far my experience has been that the "red arrow" does not always mean the direction the aircraft will go....versus the stick input. Today as an example, the app on my phone showed the arrow pointing towards me, but when I pushed the stick forward, the drone flew away from me. Counterintiuitively I had to push the stick backwards (inwards) for it to fly to me. Sometimes the opposite is true. Red arrow points to me, forward stick ...drone flys to me. I'm confused. I've seen the tutorial video but it doesn't really help to clearly explain what is going on.

2017-1-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The "red arrow" is a paper plane icon representing your Phantom.
If the compass in your phone/tablet (not the one in your drone)  is calibrated properly, the paper plane should show you at all times which way the Phantom is pointing.
Practice with it at close quarters where you can se clearly what is going on.
2017-1-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

That line that gets drawn onto the map, can be a valuable tool, to fly your drone back to home point if you have problems. Like losing VLOS.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules