Can we carry drones if we pass through Morroco?
3051 9 2017-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mavic Owner
lvl.3

Philippines

Great day to all! Are drones prohibited in Morocco? If you will cross to Mauritana through Morocco? Is it ok? Do we need some authorizations or permits to carry drones just to pass through Morocco? Please help enlighten me. Thanks!
2017-1-23
Use props
volandovoy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2251 ft
Spain

#Quick Reply Here#i was en Moroco last month and said me that can't fly. If de police caught me, they can take the Mavic for indenied time.

But i was flying in the dessert of Merzouga.
2017-1-24
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

I think that is a question with the Morocco government...
2017-1-24
Use props
JvP
New

Netherlands

My Mavic was confiscated by Customs yesterday, February 19 2017, on Marrakech airport.
I had no idea drones / rc aircraft have been illegal in Morocco since February 2015, so I just took it with me and did not declare it on arrival.
My mistake, I should have done some research beforehand.

When entering the airport all luggage gets scanned. They spotted the Mavic..
Both the police and customs officials were actually friendly and helpful as they expedited the procedure so that we were able to catch our flight out.
But the customs agent was resolute; I did not declare it so farewell Mavic.
If I would have, I still had no permission to take it into Morocco, but they might have kept it in safeguard until I left the country.

If you insist on taking a drone into the country you must have written permission beforehand and you must present those to customs upon entering the country.
2017-2-20
Use props
OhOhDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 526076 ft
United States

JvP Posted at 2017-2-20 11:06
My Mavic was confiscated by Customs yesterday, February 19 2017, on Marrakech airport.
I had no idea drones / rc aircraft have been illegal in Morocco since February 2015, so I just took it with me and did not declare it on arrival.
My mistake, I should have done some research beforehand.

Sorry to hear about that. Were you passing through Morroco on your way somewhere or did you enter Morroco?

The Middle East is not a good place to bring drones due to terrorist concerns. But most countries will hold it at the airport and you can collect it on your way back. Was this not the case in Morroco?
2017-2-20
Use props
zbyna
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi, can i ask how is it about countries in Europe ?? Are there any rules which need to be follow when traveling by plane with your drone ? Thank you
2017-2-21
Use props
fans28bcd95e
lvl.4
France

Anyone has any idea where we can get authorisation/permit to get a drone in Morocco?
2017-4-10
Use props
fansd0d73a8d
New
Flight distance : 113343 ft
Germany

There is a very good website https://my-road.de/drohnen-gesetze-weltweit with drone laws of 115 countries. Unfortunately, it is in German, but I can translate: it is forbidden to import drones to Morocco and they can be declared at the airport without having a guarantee that you get it back when leaving the country. Personally, I wouldn't enjoy flying there or even taking the drone in the plane. Up to you! ;)
2017-4-10
Use props
Francis-Drone-T
lvl.1
Flight distance : 410758 ft
Germany

Hi guys,
thanks for sharing our article. Yes, most of our articles are only available in German so far. But we are in the process of translating all 115 drone laws to English on our new website: https://drone-traveller.com/
Probably, it will take a few more weeks until we have all posts in English. If someone can help us, please drop a line.
Best wishes and safe flights, Francis
2017-4-19
Use props
Amine Hakik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3963432 ft
United States

https://youtu.be/WgJbVrO3dBI
2020-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now