Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tablet holder retrofit
1289 14 2017-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OregonDude
lvl.1
United States

Is the Inspire 1 and Phantom 4 tablet/phone holder the same item?
If not, what are the differences?

2017-1-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, they appear to be one in the same...

Glad I acquired mine... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

They are similar with the exception that the Inspire's bracket is made out of metal while the Phantom 4's is plastic. Both are interchangeable between the two RCs.
2017-1-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-23 23:20
They are similar with the exception that the Inspire's bracket is made out of metal while the Phantom 4's is plastic. Both are interchangeable between the two RCs.

Then my bad. They looked like a metal base in the photos, to me.

https://store.drdrone.ca/product ... vice-holder-part-31

RedHotPoker
2017-1-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-23 23:33
Then my bad. They looked like a metal base in the photos, to me.

https://store.drdrone.ca/products/phantom-4-mobile-device-holder-part-31

The 'bad' is all mine, unfortunately my P4 does not have the stock device holder.

It's still a slightly different alloy, instead of plastic, but it's really hard to tell the difference. Like I said before, the I1 and the P4 device holder are interchangeable, so it wouldn't matter which one you get if you're looking at a replacement.

2017-1-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-24 13:57
The 'bad' is all mine, unfortunately my P4 does not have the stock device holder.

It's still a slightly different alloy, instead of plastic, but it's really hard to tell the difference. Like I said before, the I1 and the P4 device holder are interchangeable, so it wouldn't matter which one you get if you're looking at a replacement.

Ah well, we all learn something new everyday, and today, well you know... Haha

Yes, I already knew that device holder was made of a metal alloy, and thought it odd that you would contradict that, but I was unwilling to argue the point.  Makes sense that the flimsy wiggle waggle plastic device holder got put to rest. It was a dangerous hazard, particularly for an expensive iPad Air 2 Cellular that I use.  Should it ever let loose and crash to the ground. Thanks for clarifying the fact.

Well done DJI-Jamie.  ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-24
Use props
OregonDude
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-24 13:57

Thanks Jamie for the clarifications! Planning to do the Inspire 1 tablet mount upgrade to a P3S and the P4 mount appeared to be the same item and it was more available.
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

OregonDude Posted at 2017-1-24 18:36
Thanks Jamie for the clarifications! Planning to do the Inspire 1 tablet mount upgrade to a P3S and the P4 mount appeared to be the same item and it was more available.

If you have an active warranty period left on your P3S, I wouldn't recommend modifying the RC. I've seen some 3rd party tablet mounts that connect to the bar of the RC and it wouldn't require drilling holes to use.
2017-1-24
Use props
Southtdi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14590 ft
United States

Technically, the inspire 1/ P4P most can be installed without drilling. You have to remove the pert that tightens into the controller at the one end. I do not know how stable or flimsy this is as I have not tried it myself. I bought one and am waiting for it to arrive and I may start out that way to just test it out. In the long run I plan to drill my controller no matter but will probably wait until the warranty is up.
2017-1-25
Use props
Dave P
lvl.4
Flight distance : 207664 ft
United Kingdom

Southtdi Posted at 2017-1-25 09:41
Technically, the inspire 1/ P4P most can be installed without drilling. You have to remove the pert that tightens into the controller at the one end. I do not know how stable or flimsy this is as I have not tried it myself. I bought one and am waiting for it to arrive and I may start out that way to just test it out. In the long run I plan to drill my controller no matter but will probably wait until the warranty is up.

I have this arriving tomorrow, let's see how it performs:- https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/prod ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2017-1-25
Use props
Andy M
lvl.3
Flight distance : 292297 ft
United Kingdom

Dave P Posted at 2017-1-25 09:57
I have this arriving tomorrow, let's see how it performs:- https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B013K3GGQU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The tablet holder you have arriving from Amazon is a good one Dave.
I tried that on my P3S and it wasn't bad at all, certainly a better upgrade than the original P3S version.
Recently I went a step further and fitted the Inspire 1 tablet holder which is great.   
2017-1-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Andy M Posted at 2017-1-26 01:05
The tablet holder you have arriving from Amazon is a good one Dave.
I tried that on my P3S and it wasn't bad at all, certainly a better upgrade than the original P3S version.
Recently I went a step further and fitted the Inspire 1 tablet holder which is great.

Yes the Inspire device holder should be included on all DJI RC, regardless...
It has been rock solid on my RC. I only had to tighten the hinge screw once in nearly two years. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-26
Use props
Dave P
lvl.4
United Kingdom

It arrived today, it's solid enough but the arm is a bit short if you're using a tablet, so you can't have the aerial upright

Tablet Mount

Tablet Mount
2017-1-26
Use props
MerlinL14
First Officer
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

Not saying you have wasted your money but, that Ae orientation is not good unless you hold the transmitter at an angle where it is just past vertical.  
2017-1-26
Use props
Dave P
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The arm was too short on this so I combined parts of 2 holders. I had already ordered the first one but decided it probably wasn't up to it before ordering the second. The arm is too short on the tablet mount BUT if I use the metal arm off this and put the original plastic clamp on it, then remove the head with the green gel pad and stick it to my tablet this works nicely with a total cost of just over £10
Tablet Mount.jpg
2017-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules