Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to downgrade DJI Go App
12139 11 2017-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2039288 ft
Australia

I have desperately been trying to downgrade the dji go app from 3.1.2 to 2.9.1 for an IOS IPhone and lots of advice has been given. However I just can’t seem to get what has been suggested to work on my Mac.

I have download Charles Proxy but when I run it and open ITunes it does not pause as it should and as shown on all the videos so I cannot go any further. I also don’t have an iTunes back up as my backups are normally done on iCloud so I also think that option is not there for me.

Can some one please let me know if you have successfully downgraded on an iPhone and if so is there another way without using Charles Proxy as I have tried it on 2 macs with no joy.

Thanks in advance.

2017-1-23
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am trying to find the same fix for this 3.1.2 desaster for android. I am hoping that DJI will update the GO app with google maps! I haven't been able to figure out (Being a retired business owner) why DJI would think it was a good move on their part to remove great maps from their app. and replace it with sub-standard maps?

Yeah I know...I will more likely than not have a couple of points taken away for this post.
2017-1-24
Use props
riri00
lvl.1

Germany

it is also working on DJI GO 3.1.2!!!
However, just for android and with root access...
2017-1-24
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

Your video is private by the way.
2017-2-1
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

Here is a video to downgrade to previous DJI Versions on Android which is where the issues are,
2017-2-1
Use props
fans128931a3
lvl.1
United States

Do you have the same connection issues if you use another pilot app like Litchi?  
2017-2-3
Use props
JackA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

Looks to me like DJI updates the GO APP about once a month, usually in the third of forth week.  This has been what they have been doing since November of 2016 anyway.  I think I will simply not fly until late in February and see what DJI does.  The temperatures in my area are below freezing so not to big of a sacrifice to wait.  I down graded to GO APP 2.1.9 but was not happy with the frequent "interference" notices so went back to 3.2.1  
2017-2-3
Use props
bluesgeek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1241486 ft
  • >>>
United States

In Charles, try not using the breakpoints button, but to rather right click on buyProduct then choosing breakpoints (if it's checked, select it once to uncheck and a second time to check it). That solved the issue for me.
2017-7-15
Use props
bluesgeek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1241486 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just an update to mention that the method for reverting to previous versions of DJI Go4 does not work with the most recent version of iTunes (12.7). The new version does not allow maintenance of apps from within iTunes (necessary for reverting), but only through an iOS device. 

If you inadvertently have updated iTunes and still want to be able to maintain your iOS apps from iTunes, you can use this method​​​​​​​ to revert iTunes to v 12.6.2.
2017-11-13
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Wow.  I guess ignorance is bliss.  When my go app automatically updated, I just uninstalled it and reinstalled the go app apk I have saved on my hard drive.  I use 2.4.1 and it works great with no issues.  I'm glad I didn't know it was so hard to downgrade, or it may not have worked.

2017-11-13
Use props
Legit Drones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 894465 ft
United States

All the new updates are screwing up my drone as well as others...UGH
2017-11-18
Use props
Spacer2711
lvl.4
Flight distance : 627979 ft