Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SLiWooDy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126234 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi

Thought I would share my story with you guys on here and see what other peoples views on this are.
I own a Phantom 3 but as soon as I saw the Mavic I knew it was perfect for my needs as I travel alot.
I ordered it direct with Dji in October 2016 knowing I might have a bit of a wait, and by the end of December 2016 I finally got the drone.
Soon as I flew the drone I noticed that one side of the image was very blurry and out of focus, I contact DJi support and was told to wait for a firmware update.
Another few weeks passed waiting on FIrmware updates but still the problem persisted, so I contact DJi again and they wanted me to send the drone back to them for repair.
Its been posted and just been recieved by DJi.

Its now coming up to Feburary which means Its coming upto 5 months since I first ordered the drone.

After reading comments on this forum I am lead to believe that I could be waiting anything upto another 2 months for a repair or exchange which would mean from order to recieving a fully working, 100% functioning drone will be 7months. I am a very patient person but I cannot think this wait is a tad too long.

Surely if it is faulty on arrival it should be an instant exchange?

Is this the way DJi operate or should they have sent me a replacement straight away instead of me sending it in for repair?

2017-1-24
Use props
SLiWooDy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The other thing that is worrying me is that Support told me to just send in the drone and controller. Not to send back the propellers, charger, SD card etc.
But other forum users are told to send everything back- DJi doesnt make it clear what is correct.
2017-1-24
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I am about ready to give up as well. I think you have been more than patient with the whole thing. I hope it works out ok.
2017-1-24
Use props
SLiWooDy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't understand how such a massive company can operate with such problems.
Support is an absolute joke.

If people have faulty drones on delivery (that have waited up to 3 months for) you would expect an immediate replacement, not stuck in some random repair queue which has no beginning or end.
It makes me wonder if these drones were sent out knowing they were faulty to clear the backlog of orders.

2017-1-24
Use props
Wandering Cloud
lvl.3
Flight distance : 839633 ft
United Kingdom

I am having the same problem and I send everything back including the box.  Just got an email saying I should have my replacement back after nearly two week.
Let's hope I will get everything back too.

Fingers cross!
2017-1-24
Use props
SLiWooDy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I will be really pi$$ed if they have told me just to send in the drone and controller only to find out they want everything back. My fingers are crossed.
2017-1-24
Use props
Ejder Bingül
lvl.2
Turkey

It is obvious that some of the Mavic has not been tested in quality control to meet all customer demands within shorttime. I suppose because of that reason, some Mavic's (mine also) sucks and Support has already overloaded with too many complaints. Wish you like bro, but i am really disappointed for buying Mavic, i wish i would buy P4.
2017-1-24
Use props
SLiWooDy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its has definitely taught me a lesson.
2017-1-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

All of that is very much exaggerated you received your drone in 3 months, lots of people waited longer, you've waited more than a month to send in for repair, you say a lot of people are waiting two months for repair or replacement, thats just not true , or maybe you can point this out to everyone, you've sent your Mavic back to have it repaired or replaced, you shouldn't have to wait longer than two weeks. Some of your comments are just not true and just cause confusion, which is obviously what happened to you. Hope you get your Mavic back soon and maybe you can report something positive here..
2017-1-24
Use props
Anthony566
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

I am not sure were you are getting the "People are waiting two months for repair" from as that is TOTAL RUBISH ......

I have not seen one single repair issue posted that took much longer than two weeks as DJI's repair service seems to get very very good feedback

You really must check what you are posting before you post it.

I am sure you will get your drone back quite quick as long as your repair centre is not China as this may be delayed with the Chinese New Year.

Where have you sent your drone for repair ??
2017-1-24
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

I think the most people wait two months is inaccurate.  That's based on the accounts here in the forum and my personal experience. I sent my Mavic in for a camera focus issue. It was repaired under warranty and back in the mail with 48 hours after the repair center received it (according to UPS tracking). I personally was impressed with the support I got.
2017-1-24
Use props
SLiWooDy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-24 06:24
All of that is very much exaggerated you received your drone in 3 months, lots of people waited longer, you've waited more than a month to send in for repair, you say a lot of people are waiting two months for repair or replacement, thats just not true , or maybe you can point this out to everyone, you've sent your Mavic back to have it repaired or replaced, you shouldn't have to wait longer than two weeks. Some of your comments are just not true and just cause confusion, which is obviously what happened to you. Hope you get your Mavic back soon and maybe you can report something positive here..

Exaggerated?

I ordered the drone October and received it December did I not?

You say I waited a month before sending the drone back for repair. Was I not told by online support to wait for a firmware fix for the issue ?

Its true that I don't know how long it takes for a repair or replacement but maybe if I had received a working drone I wouldn't be "exaggerating" and left guessing, hunting around forums trying to find out a time scale for a replacement.

Lets face it I am not the first to moaning about the communication and service.

2017-1-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

SLiWooDy Posted at 2017-1-24 07:00
Exaggerated?

I ordered the drone October and received it December did I not?

Everybody is entitled to a rant, I ordered my Mavic sept 28 received early December, but this was the same for everyone , and if you ordered in October you would have been well aware of waiting time, so your not really entitled to moan about something you knew before you signed up to it.
Regarding your repair you could have waited for firmware, but obviously taking to long, so they agree to replace or repair your Mavic ,
You then start a thread spouting all sorts of things that are clearly not true, so while yo maybe entitled to rant it doesn't mean you need exaggerate and add confusion, far better to let people know how exactly how your repair is proceeding, because that's the information there looking for.

Hope you get your Mavic back soon..
2017-1-24
Use props
Chris Jude
lvl.2
Flight distance : 853 ft
United States

FWIW, I've had a timeline and experience that is similar in some respects to the original post, but maybe I can offer some additional insight(s).

My Mavic was ordered Oct. 8th arrived Dec. too.  Mine too arrived defective, but not a firmware issue; in my case the camera was physically already broken when I unboxed it.  Unboxed it Christmas Day.  Reported the problem to dji the next business day, sent photos, filled out forms, etc.  Waited a day or two to receive a UPS shipping label to send it to a service center for repair or replacement.  Dropped it UPS within a couple hours of receiving the label.  Tracked the package with UPS tracking to verify it was delivered to service center some days later.  From there the status did not update with dji as having been received for several more days after that and I eventually made an online inquiry as to the status.  About a week after that I received a response that I would be given a voucher to purchase another Mavic from the dji online store again.  (I later found out that I might have been shipped another Mavic by the service center but for their stock was low, but at the time I wasn't told that, only that I was heading back to the general purchase process.)  I was a little disappointed at that, but then I saw somewhat prominently on the site that a declaration that orders were shipping within a week, and resigned to just forge on.  So I re-ordered.  Fast forward to almost another week after that I had no shipping date update yet but I received an email from dji advising that my order would likely by shipping in March.  I, not unlike the original poster, interpreted that to suggest that I might not actually be flying a Mavic until five or more months from my original order and payment.  I found that even more unsatisfactory and felt that expediting a replacement or least not putting me essentially at the end of the purchase line again seemed a reasonable expectation, particularly if that was going to be not January, not February, but "likely" March.

So with that (yesterday) I decided to contact dji to see if a better alternative could be found.  Waited in the support chat queue for a while only to learn that I apparently should be in a different chat queue for the online store, because my repair was now internally viewed as resolved.  Tried to start over there but the online store chat was down.  Located a phone number and eventually got to speak with someone at dji directly.  They suggested that they'd like me to speak with a supervisor (and no I didn't berate anyone I don't do that).  I had to wait a good bit and did.  A supervisor got to me, got some details, asked me for my case # for the repair and my new order info and researched.  That took some time too and I held again and waited.  I got a little nervous at this point because I thought I might be getting somewhere and I've been dropped from chats and disconnected from calls several times in the hours it took arranging the initial return.  But the supervisor eventually came back on the line and told me what he had found out and that a Mavic would be shipped out to me on Friday (at that point two days later).  Sounded better than maybe in March so I thanked him sincerely.

To muddy things a little I received another email today revising yesterdays email advising it will ship "likely" in March to "...will ship before February 10th...".  So I'm waiting to see if it will ship tomorrow as promised on the phone.  The emails yesterday and today are probably automated emails that went out to folks with orders in the system.  I'm optimistic that I got one as part of a group distribution and that a replacement Mavic is going to be shipped to me tomorrow as promised still.  Tomorrow will tell.

The folks I spoke with on the phone did confirm that I would be at the back of the purchase queue had I not called.  But, to be fair, with a little patience I managed to reach someone who said they would get something out in two days after speaking with me.  I don't know how much of what happened with me mirrors what happened with the original poster, but that is my experience so far, as free from characterizing it all as I can muster.  

The most recent is a human being told me yesterday a replacement Mavic will ship tomorrow.  An email today says by February 10th.  Time will tell.  I think I'm something like day 111.
2017-1-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties,SLiWooDy.
Could you please provide me with your case number?
I'll bring this to the attention of our support team and escalate the case for you.
2017-1-26
Use props
fansa43d109d
lvl.1

United States

I ordered my mavic Dec 27th, and received it Jan 17th, not too bad of a wait there. However, it was DOA. Would not calibrate the IMU. After going through troubleshooting with online chat they decided that I needed to exchange it. So I sent it back and they are telling me "probably two weeks" and that they were waiting on more to ship from China. Once they receive more product, they would test it in house before sending it back to me.
2017-1-26
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 682215 ft
  • >>>
United States

Received my unit yesterday after a 3.5 month wait, and I'm having the same issue. I'm a wedding photographer and videographer and was really looking forward to adding the Mavic to my camera bag. Just submitted a repair request, and I'm hoping that I can get a turnaround time as fast as I did with my P4P.
2017-1-26
Use props
SLiWooDy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-26 18:13
I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties,SLiWooDy.
I'll bring this to the attention of our support team and escalate the case for you.

Hi DJi MIndy

Here is my Case Number: CAS-408752-V9J4G8

thanks for the help
2017-1-26
Use props
lachyb
lvl.2
United Kingdom

People that PM DJI reps are generally getting their cases sorted quite quickly. If only they could help with the delivery in the first place I'd be happy.
2017-1-27
Use props
SLiWooDy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I hope everyone gets their Drones sorted.
2017-1-27
Use props
Orrus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213783 ft
United Kingdom

It really bugs me when people say things like "lots of people waited longer". So, because some have had a slightly longer wait the OP's argument isn't valid?

It's not surprising that SLiWooDy is being pessimistic about how long the repair will take, after the lengthy ordeal getting the drone and being delayed with the promise of firmware etc.

Good luck SLiWooDy. Hope you have a Mavic to play with soon.
2017-1-27
Use props
SLiWooDy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks Orrus.
2017-1-27
Use props
VoxUltrasonic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328602 ft
Canada

I think people should cut SLiWooDy some slack - he's in a very frustrating situation. I know because I'm basically in the EXACT same situation - ordered a couple days after the announcement, got the drone in December, etc. My Mavic has been sitting in the repair facility for 2 weeks now with no updates. Leaving for vacation next month and I'm beginning to think it won't be replaced in time for that.
2017-1-27
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
Flight distance : 412835 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ordered and then cancelled when I got the March email.  This has been par for the course for DJI.  If they don't stop attempting to rush to release it will kill their business eventually.   They produce great products once the bugs are out but the best product in the world can't be saved if releases and service continue to be this chaotic.  I already own a P4 and have been looking at the inspire 1 v2 and Mavic.  
I almost went with another brand but decided to give it one more shot so I re-ordered today resulting in a weeks loss of time.  So now I'm not just waiting on the Mavic but a refund from the original order as well.    2/10 is the date I'm looking for, shipping any later than that and the second order will be cancelled and I'll say good-bye to DJI.   I really hope that doesn't happen.  Good luck to you all!
2017-1-27
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

It does get better... I promise, once you finally get a good one you do forget this pain (a little)

I went through similar issues, initially ordered a P4 was faulty returned it, Mavic released ordered - waited - received - faulty - returned- waited (2weeks max) - replaced - sharp images left - right

Once I finally had footage to look at that looked good, not out of focus - a good Mavic, I forgot all the frustration (nearly)

I also vented a lot - I just wanted to show a little light and the end of this tunnel for you all still in the mix

Good luck - happy flying eventually
2017-1-27
Use props
Rick A
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3566 ft
Canada

Maybe I've lucked out but I ordered my drone in the early hours of Sept 28th, got it on Nov 4th. Notifications related to shipping were great, no extra charges, easy to track, etc. The drone arrived and looked great and has been operating flawlessly except for operator error and a bit of a learning curve. I've had several questions that I have put forward to the moderators or the forum got my answers back very quickly and generally they solved the concern. I have had personal PM's form the moderators asking if I needed further clarification. When a company is dealing directly with hundreds of thousands of customers, especially with a new high demand product, sometimes things do slip through the cracks. On the other hand, I've seen a number of posts in which it is clear that the moderators are trying to help but if they can't get the details they need from us, then they just can't help.
2017-1-27
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry about it, OP, I escalated your case, and you should receive an update in a day or two.
2017-1-27
Use props
emirates901
lvl.2

United States

Here's my two cents.. My Mavic came with hardware issues.. I barely had it for 3 days when I had gimbal issues. Now I understand DJI paying for ground shipping on the way to their repair center BUT if it is determined that the issue was due to hardware/software errors, DJI should be shipping these repaired/replacement units as next day or 2nd day air delivery. Why are people who had no user error being treated like second class citizens because of DJI's error?

My unit has been 'under repair' for 3 days now and I get conflicting information from support i.e. its 3-4 days, 4-5 days or 5-7 business days. And when I ask them if there is any way the return shipping can at least be expedited, I am told by support that they'll put a 'request' in, but there are no guarantees. Thats not right, especially when it wasnt my fault! If my experience with the P3 standard wasnt awesome, I wouldve seriously cut my losses with them.
2017-1-27
Use props
Apcdaniel
New

United States

i bought my mavic 5 days ago in official retail store, in the first flight a little crash and camera stop working, gimbal motor overload. it is my first dji drone, I hoped it was better than parrot bebop 2 but i see it more breakable. im waiting for dji send me tracking labels to back the drone!  very dissapointed...
2017-1-27
Use props
Chris Jude
lvl.2
United States

The replacement Mavic that an escalation supervisor promised (on Wednesday) would be shipped out to me yesterday has not shipped.  Tried to try (again) starting with an email to online sales support but an auto response shot back that makes clear that there may be no response for an extended time due to email volume and recommends using the chat if quicker response desired.  Tried that.  It (again) is still "temporarily" down.  Am I'm not optimistic I could get anyone on a Saturday by phone even I had the hours it takes to do that (which I don't).  I'm beginning to get frustrated too.  Today is day 113 since paying October 8th, waiting for a working Mavic for me.
2017-1-28
Use props
SLiWooDy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hope you get it sorted Chris, I am still waiting too.  I feel your pain.
2017-1-28
Use props
Chris Jude
lvl.2
United States

SLiWooDy Posted at 2017-1-28 09:08
hope you get it sorted Chris, I am still waiting too.  I feel your pain.

Thanks, SLiWooDy.
2017-1-28
Use props
Western Refugee
New
United States

Personally I think DJI should send a repair man to our house and fix it on the spot. I have two mavics and they are both junk. One has a Gimbal overload and obstacle avoidance problem. I run this one is sport mode often. The other one has a as of tonight a motor shaking with a warning. I have never put this one in sport mode. DJI junk!.
2017-1-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

VoxUltrasonic Posted at 2017-1-27 08:52
I think people should cut SLiWooDy some slack - he's in a very frustrating situation. I know because I'm basically in the EXACT same situation - ordered a couple days after the announcement, got the drone in December, etc. My Mavic has been sitting in the repair facility for 2 weeks now with no updates. Leaving for vacation next month and I'm beginning to think it won't be replaced in time for that.

I'll help to look into it.
2017-2-3
Use props
VoxUltrasonic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328602 ft
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-2-3 03:47
I'll help to look into it.

Hi Mindy,
It's CAS-385201-Q0C4L3

Thanks
2017-2-3
Use props
Wandering Cloud
lvl.3
Flight distance : 839633 ft
United Kingdom

I got my replacement on the 29th - a brand new in the box Mavic. Unfortunately, it has worse image blurry problem than the previous one.
Send few emails to DJI support on the 30th but heard nothing back so far except those automated replies.
2017-2-3
Use props
SLiWooDy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Right just to update everyone on my case, I have received "my" repaired drone back after repair. The only problem is its not "my" original drone back.
I got a drone back exactly 3 weeks after posting back for repair. It has a different serial number and some tail tail signs its not mine.
I looked after my drone like it was a £1000 investment, even with its problems I made sure it was looked after, stored in foam and cleaned and kept like new after ever flight.
The drone I got back was not "new",  It was obliviously a replacement/repaired drone- used as new. Very disappointing as mine was defective on arrival.
I tested the flight of my replacement and it was very unstable in the air from what i remember my original brand new drone (even though the video was F$uck%d), it was all over the place both horizontally and vertically, It wouldn't hold steady at all and the camera was all over the shot in terms of horizon. SUrely they test these things?
I looked on line and re-calibrated everything, IMU, CAMERA, etc etc and its holding a bit more steady but not like my original, paid for, new in box, £1000, 4 month wait, drone...
I Just feel a little bit cheated here after a 4-5 month wait for this drone and have ended up with a clear crashed/repaired/replacement.
Wont make this mistake again... -1 Dji User
Youtube video to follow.

2017-2-4
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

SLiWooDy Posted at 2017-2-4 13:27
Right just to update everyone on my case, I have received "my" repaired drone back after repair. The only problem is its not "my" original drone back.
I got a drone back exactly 3 weeks after posting back for repair. It has a different serial number and some tail tail signs its not mine.
I looked after my drone like it was a £1000 investment, even with its problems I made sure it was looked after, stored in foam and cleaned and kept like new after ever flight.

Contact support and get a bit mad, i know i would. new for new, repairs should only be from crashed DJI Care Refresh.
2017-2-4
Use props
SLiWooDy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Danny-B- Posted at 2017-2-4 13:36
Contact support and get a bit mad, i know i would. new for new, repairs should only be from crashed DJI Care Refresh.

I really cant be ass'd no more. I done.
I normally would complain, but 5 months is enough. I will cut my loses and go on my way.
Like I say it wont happen again. - 1 DJi
2017-2-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

SLiWooDy Posted at 2017-2-4 13:43
I really cant be ass'd no more. I done.
I normally would complain, but 5 months is enough. I will cut my loses and go on my way.
Like I say it wont happen again. - 1 DJi

I normally would complain...

That's all you have done, it's only two weeks ago that you were here complaining, that it would take TWO MONTHS to get your Mavic repaired, yet you have it back six weeks early, why not send this one back and get your own one back in two weeks, and then your repair would only have taken one month,

One month ahead of what you thought , so your quids in..
2017-2-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules