Blurry camera because of dust. Are you kidding me???
5651 32 2017-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gnom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 716572 ft
Germany

Very disappointed about the  DJIservice.
I have a camera issue, the right side of the camera is blurry, a known issue.
Now my dealer send it in to the repairscenter in the netherlands and they say its not a fault of warranty because they found dust around the gimbal.
Hello? Dust? How can i start and land without blowing dust around? And dust will never cause a blurry camera, the issue was from day one.
I have fotos from the first flight where you can see the blurry right side very good. So DJI, why you want me to pay for the repair? Very bad day.
2017-1-24
Use props
gnom
lvl.4
Germany

It is no problem to see in the flight logs that the foto was taken on the first flight. That would mean that only one lift off had blown the dust into the camera and had something to do with the blurry of the camera. I can not believe that. Does that mean i better don't take off to not blurry the camera? No.... I think DJI don't want to pay for a faulty camera in my case.
2017-1-24
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

To be fair, excessive dust on the exterior of the lens can certainly cause blurry pictures. But that's also easily testable by removing the dust and checking the camera, which I hope they did.

Hope when you get it back everything is sharp again -- maybe it would be wise to request sample photos before they send it back?
2017-1-24
Use props
gnom
lvl.4
Germany

Thank you thats a good advice to request sample fotos before send back. But they want me to pay 200€ for the repair, and that is not ok. The camera was blurry out of the box.
2017-1-24
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

When you say the dealer sent it to a repair center, was  it theirs, a 3rd party center, or a DJI repair center.  Can they show you a statement of findings from the actual repair center?
2017-1-24
Use props
gnom
lvl.4
Germany

It is the DJI repair center in the Netherlands. My dealer said that they want to change some parts of the gimbal. Don't know why, because the gimbal was working very well.
2017-1-24
Use props
gnom
lvl.4
Germany

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
2017-1-24
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Hi.

I suppose you have warranty on the product from your dealer?

If the assumption is correct, it is also the dealer should pay for the replacement?

If they use still justification with dust in order not and would pay, you should proceed to what the owner's manual prescribes about takeoff and landing. There is nothing you need takeoff / landing at your kitchen table. Only the ground should be smooth.

Regards Leif.
2017-1-24
Use props
gnom
lvl.4
United States

Yes you are right, but if the assumbtion is correct or not will be decided in the same repaircenter. So if the guys in the netherlands say it is my fault (whatever why), i have no chance to get warranty from DJI and also not from my dealer.
Very easy for them but so unfair to me. I will post a photo of my first flight later. Hopefully it will become clear in the next days. Its ok for me to be a beta tester, but i dont pay for issues DJI makes.
2017-1-24
Use props
gnom
lvl.4
United States

No one from DJI can say something about it?
2017-1-25
Use props
HTC
lvl.1
United States

So they charged you 200€ to wipe some dust off the lens?
2017-1-25
Use props
gnom
lvl.4
Germany

No, i bought a mavic with a camera issue (as many others)... blurry pictures on right side of the frame. My dealer sent it in and now they told me i have to pay for repair.
They say that they found dust around the gimbal and so it is not a warranty case for them.
2017-1-25
Use props
fans3d582e1d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24839 ft
Australia

I'm not too sure about your country's Consumer Protection Laws but that sounds stupid. If you can prove that it was like that on your first flight then I fail to see how they think they can charge you money. I'd call up and escalate the issue if possible.
2017-1-25
Use props
gnom
lvl.4
Germany

I would like to do this as well, but i have no case number, because my dealer send it in, so i can only talk to him.
2017-1-25
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

gnom Posted at 2017-1-25 08:14
No, i bought a mavic with a camera issue (as many others)... blurry pictures on right side of the frame. My dealer sent it in and now they told me i have to pay for repair.
They say that they found dust around the gimbal and so it is not a warranty case for them.

My first 2 Mavics had this issue.  THIS is exactly why I didn't want to try to get them repaired...  On a NEW product?  That's nuts!  Why they are so myopic is beyond any of us.

On my 3rd Mavic now & it works as intended.  LOL, the battery is a slightly darker shade of grey than the Mavic and the spare props were knicked...   But the camera works & the Mavic doesn't try to fly away.  

I purchased the Mavics from Best Buy in 'Merica.  They have the best customer service and apologetic about the drone.   
2017-1-25
Use props
Wandering Cloud
lvl.3
Flight distance : 839633 ft
United Kingdom

I had a few dust inside the lens of my Mavic and sometime it produces blurry image on left side. Raised the issue here, and few emails later was offered an option to have a replacement.
Even though I am still waiting to receive the replacement but I think you may have a better service if you complain to DJI directly rather than through your retailer.

I also had similar problem with my Osmo + and send it back at the same time with my Mavic. Today I received a new replacement of Osmo + .  So I am hoping soon I will receive my Mavic replacement too.
2017-1-25
Use props
gnom
lvl.4
Germany

Yes i would like to speak to DJI, but i can't, i have no case number, and also here nobody helps me.
All i know is that the repair center is in the netherlands and the serial number of my mavic, but that doesn't help to contact.
Right now it seems that if i don't pay i will get not a sharp working camera as i need.
2017-1-25
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

It's starting to sound like your dealer is trying to rip you off -- I'd contact support and give them your serial number, they should be able to track down the case. If you can DM one of the forum moderator/reps and give them your story, too, that should help. Good luck.
2017-1-25
Use props
gnom
lvl.4
Germany

I will try that, thank you.
2017-1-25
Use props
Wandering Cloud
lvl.3
Flight distance : 839633 ft
United Kingdom

gnom Posted at 2017-1-25 09:12
I will try that, thank you.

This is the email I used to communicate with DJI support.

support@dji.com

Try it and see what happens.
2017-1-25
Use props
gnom
lvl.4
Germany

Thank you i will try to contact them.
2017-1-25
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

gnom Posted at 2017-1-24 23:30
Yes you are right, but if the assumbtion is correct or not will be decided in the same repaircenter. So if the guys in the netherlands say it is my fault (whatever why), i have no chance to get warranty from DJI and also not from my dealer.
Very easy for them but so unfair to me. I will post a photo of my first flight later. Hopefully it will become clear in the next days. Its ok for me to be a beta tester, but i dont pay for issues DJI makes.

Why can you not claim warranty from your dealer ?

Regards Leif.

2017-1-25
Use props
gnom
lvl.4
Germany

I can try, but the chance is very small that i will get it from my dealer. They say it was not an out of the box issue and so its my fault, because they found dust.
Both, DJI and my dealer haven't seen the fotos from flight one till now and i am very disappointed about the whole process.
Like many others i only want a mavic with a sharp camera.
2017-1-25
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

gnom Posted at 2017-1-25 10:13
I can try, but the chance is very small that i will get it from my dealer. They say it was not an out of the box issue and so its my fault, because they found dust.
Both, DJI and my dealer haven't seen the fotos from flight one till now and i am very disappointed about the whole process.
Like many others i only want a mavic with a sharp camera.

Then you must force your dealer and DJI to see those pictures.
Hope case gets a happy ending for you.

Regards Leif.
2017-1-26
Use props
gnom
lvl.4
Germany

Yes i will try everything.
DJI support is not available at the moment.
"Dear Valued Customer,
Due to the Chinese New Year, email service from DJI’s China Support Center will be temporarily suspended from January 26th to January 31st.
We are sorry that our responses will be delayed due to the holiday. If you have any urgent issues, please contact our other regional offices directly by phone, email, or live chat..."

2017-1-26
Use props
gnom
lvl.4
United States

I have talked to my dealer again. He said the repair center told them that they found dust INSIDE of the camera and it must be my fault.
That would mean that we are not allowed to start our mavics from the ground, because a lift off can cause a blurry camera because of blowin dust inside of the camera.
My dealer also cant belive this argumentation from DJI and i am waiting for more information about my case soon.
2017-1-27
Use props
gnom
lvl.4
United States

After the next conversation between my dealer and DJI, DJI stays the same. They dont want to change the faulty camera for me.
2017-2-2
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

How can dust inside the camera be your fault?  Seems to me that a camera housing that allows dust to get inside after one or two flights should be considered a manufacturing defect. Search the forum for "dust" -- I remember seeing another post where the author claimed it came that way out-of-box -- at best you can learn how his case was handled and at worse you can commiserate. Hope you get it sorted.
2017-2-2
Use props
gnom
lvl.4
United States

I hope it also. I will get the Casenumber from my dealer soon, hopefully then someone here from DJI can help me out and back in the air.
Here is the thread: http://forum.dji.com/thread-71866-2-1.html
Thank you Ex Machina, if there is dust inside it must be a manufacturing defect.
2017-2-3
Use props
gnom
lvl.4
United States

Today my dealer talked again to DJI and now its again dust AROUND the gimbal causing vibrations and the blurry right side of the pictures, not more dust INSIDE of the camera. I think something is going on and some movement is coming to my case.
If my dealer understood it wright DJI says that i had to fly with the gimbal protection window, because i didnt do so it its my fault that the camera ist blurry from the first flight on.
Cant understand this.....but lets see what the future will bring.
What i have to say is that my dealer is not very helpfull to bring my case to an end, you can see from the first post how long ive been waiting now for my mavic.
I think that is tactic because they dont want to pay the out of the box faulty camera.
2017-2-13
Use props
gkordowski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 798360 ft
  • >>>
Jersey

You can ask your dealer for the case number and try to escalate it via DJI admins on the forum.
2017-2-13
Use props
lachyb
lvl.2
United Kingdom

gnom Posted at 2017-2-13 03:19
Today my dealer talked again to DJI and now its again dust AROUND the gimbal causing vibrations and the blurry right side of the pictures, not more dust INSIDE of the camera. I think something is going on and some movement is coming to my case.
If my dealer understood it wright DJI says that i had to fly with the gimbal protection window, because i didnt do so it its my fault that the camera ist blurry from the first flight on.
Cant understand this.....but lets see what the future will bring.

I had the same problem when mine arrived. There is clearly a fault with manufacturing - others have indicated that it's likely caused by a misaligned sensor. The right side of the image is soft (blurry), especially the bottom right hand corner. You can tell because if you tap to focus on the bottom right or right side, the rest of the image is then blurry.
As I raised this the day after it was delivered I have applied for a refund and I just ordered a new drone today (as I will be travelling overseas in 2 weeks so am ordering it to there for my arrival).

Hopefully yours get resolved and my new drone doesn't come with the same fault!
2017-2-13
Use props
gnom
lvl.4
Germany

Till now its not resolved, im getting crazy. DJI still want me to pay for their issue.
2017-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules