Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI multi functional back pack failure
1664 28 2017-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PermaFunk
lvl.1

Switzerland

So I ordered the DJI multi functional back pack but what I received was not what I thought I ordered, honestly it looks like a cheap B grade Chinese knock off. I have attached pictures for reference. I first realized that the carabiner was missing so I messaged the chat option on dji.com and they told me to call dji office, I decided to research further and was looking at reviews of the back pack. All the reviews I found online on youtube and other sites showed a far superior product then the knock off I received. I then asked my friend who purchased the same back pack from a local camera store not the DJI web site like I did he also thought that I bought it from some knock off ebay site.
I would like to bring attention the padded ribbing on the back with the DJI logo, which is found on the screen shot but not on mine. The straps are also totally different along with buckles and padding. materials look different as well. poor stitching quality is found through out the pack. very disappointed.

the top 4 screen shots are of what I expected dji to have sent me...
the bottom 4 are of the product dji sent me...

screen shot

screen shot

screen shot

screen shot

screen shot

screen shot

screen shot

screen shot

pos

pos

pos

pos

pos

pos
2017-1-24
Use props
Mallettron
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82641 ft
United Kingdom

Did you buy direct from dji.com or some other site advrtising backpacks, a link would be usefull
2017-1-24
Use props
PermaFunk
lvl.1

Canada

i purchased from the DJI web site
2017-1-24
Use props
Chriscycling
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The top pics are what I have and also look like the pics on the DJI store page. The one you have deffo looks inferior - If it came direct I'd send it back. Maybe DJI have changed 3rd party manufacturer ? It does say on the website that it's manufactured by an affiliated company.
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

May I have your order number? we'd like to help you check what's going on and keep you updated.
2017-1-24
Use props
PermaFunk
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-24 19:14
May I have your order number? we'd like to help you check what's going on and keep you updated.

2017-1-24
Use props
PermaFunk
lvl.1

Canada

Chriscycling Posted at 2017-1-24 14:09
The top pics are what I have and also look like the pics on the DJI store page. The one you have deffo looks inferior - If it came direct I'd send it back. Maybe DJI have changed 3rd party manufacturer ? It does say on the website that it's manufactured by an affiliated company.

even if they  changed manufacturers and there is such a drop in quality they  they shouldn't be charging the same amount. even if the back pack is on sale the quality should still be there. if you buy a designer shirt even on sale then you expect designer quality.
2017-1-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Sorry to see that demonstrated difference.  That must have been very disappointing to receive the pack you show, in alternative to what you surely expected and paid for.

Pretty sure this thread will get updated with some good news. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We checked your order, and received your e-mail as well, our support will reply your e-mail with detailed explanation.
There is no issue with the back pack, please do not worry about it.
2017-1-24
Use props
PermaFunk
lvl.1

Switzerland

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-24 22:09
Sorry to see that demonstrated difference.  That must have been very disappointing to receive the pack you show, in alternative to what you surely expected and paid for.

Pretty sure this thread will get updated with some good news. ;-)

nope below is the email i received this morning. It looks like this is the new iteration of the DJI multi functional back pack. I've seen knock off quality with better stitching.

Thank you for contacting DJI Online Store.

I am terribly sorry to let you down for what you ordered from our official online store.

We just realized the appearance and the materials of this backpack have been modified which you could found something difference compare to the one ever before.

And furthermore, we deeply apology for the result of negligence that we didn't make this announcement through our website and this have incurred your dissatisfaction.

It is quite sure you have right to claim your return policy but we would really appreciated for your general support on our product.

Sorry again for the inconvenience may have caused and we are grateful for your continue support on DJI.

Best regards
DJI Online Store
2017-1-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

PermaFunk Posted at 2017-1-25 08:23
nope below is the email i received this morning. It looks like this is the new iteration of the DJI multi functional back pack. I've seen knock off quality with better stitching.

There are plenty of alternative choices. Perhaps something that would suit your needs much better.

Advertising one style, but sending you this replacement design Is-not fair and you should return it immediately. Atleast, if it were me, that would be my decision. YMMV ;-)

Hope you can find something in better design and manufacturing quality.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-25
Use props
Phantomski
Captain
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

i wonder if they would do a free exchange to the hard shell for you?
2017-1-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Phantomski Posted at 2017-1-25 14:40
i wonder if they would do a free exchange to the hard shell for you?

Oh, well is there a hard shell back pack, built specifically to carry the Phantom 4 drone...?

As that seems to be the Phantom model in the top pics, posted above.

RedHotPoker.
2017-1-25
Use props
browncoat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12497 ft
United States

I sure wish I could weigh in on this but I'm still waiting on mine to come in from dronenerds.com it's been on back order for a couple weeks now.
2017-1-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

browncoat Posted at 2017-1-25 16:41
I sure wish I could weigh in on this but I'm still waiting on mine to come in from dronenerds.com it's been on back order for a couple weeks now.

Good luck. I hope you get the one pictured in them four top pics... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-25
Use props
browncoat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12497 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-25 16:49
Good luck. I hope you get the one pictured in them four top pics... ;-)

Yeah me too
2017-1-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

You know the subtle routine, if it shows up in a different form. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-25
Use props
Phantomski
Captain
United States

This is supposed to home any phantom, but perhaps not?
2017-1-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Phantomski Posted at 2017-1-25 17:12
This is supposed to home any phantom, but perhaps not?

Yet, it mentions Phantom 3 batteries?
We all know that Phantom 4 packs,  are slightly bigger in dimension. Go figure. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-25
Use props
Phantomski
Captain
United States

The one i got from Amazon does ok, i had to cut out some extra openings, and widen some side pockets, but, but i am happy... The battery cutouts are definitely for the p4, the rest, i assume will work for either model, not sure.
2017-1-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Phantomski Posted at 2017-1-25 18:06
The one i got from Amazon does ok, i had to cut out some extra openings, and widen some side pockets, but, but i am happy... The battery cutouts are definitely for the p4, the rest, i assume will work for either model, not sure.

Would it be a bother to ask you, to please post a pic or two of your handy work? Thanks

I would like to see how you customized your pack, to suit your drone and flight kit needs.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-25
Use props
Phantomski
Captain
United States

Captain RedHotPoker, I CANNOT believe the amount of work you put me trough.. but here it is.. no I have no closeups! Gosh!

Soft to hard 01

Soft to hard 01

Soft to hard 02

Soft to hard 02

Cats and laundry, because the world needs more of that

Cats and laundry, because the world needs more of that
2017-1-26
Use props
stage_wright
lvl.1
Flight distance : 270518 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-24 23:16
We checked your order, and received your e-mail as well, our support will reply your e-mail with detailed explanation.
There is no issue with the back pack, please do not worry about it.

I actually had the same thing happen to me! Can you help? I emailed DJI this evening... I'm really upset with this because I really do love DJI, I've had nothing but good luck until now..
2017-1-28
Use props
stage_wright
lvl.1
United States

PermaFunk Posted at 2017-1-25 08:23

I'm finding this incredibly frustrating that they said that to you, especially because my local Best Buy had the same pack that the website is showing. But I recieved the same POS that you did. I sent an email requesting that they send me the one pictured.
2017-1-28
Use props
Phantomski
Captain
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-25 21:49
Would it be a bother to ask you, to please post a pic or two of your handy work? Thanks

I would like to see how you customized your pack, to suit your drone and flight kit needs.

RedHot -I made a thread with my hard backpack pics and mods.
Wanted to leave this thread alone for those who have issues with the DJI pack. Hope they get it sorted out! What a disappointment!
2017-1-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Phantomski Posted at 2017-1-28 18:36
RedHot -I made a thread with my hard backpack pics and mods.
Wanted to leave this thread alone for those who have issues with the DJI pack. Hope they get it sorted out! What a disappointment!

Yeah, I just left the other thread,  before opening this one.  ;-)

With limited cutting, you made it suitable to fit your flight kit.

Good job, customizing it.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-28
Use props
PermaFunk
lvl.1

Switzerland

stage_wright Posted at 2017-1-28 17:46
I actually had the same thing happen to me! Can you help? I emailed DJI this evening... I'm really upset with this because I really do love DJI, I've had nothing but good luck until now..

have you received anything from DJI? I requested a refund but with no response.

i'll email again. and post if i get a response.
2017-1-30
Use props
stage_wright
lvl.1
United States

PermaFunk Posted at 2017-1-30 10:10
have you received anything from DJI? I requested a refund but with no response.

i'll email again. and post if i get a response.

I haven't heard anything back from them, they all seem to ask what happened and then nothing.

I'll keep you posted too.
2017-1-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

stage_wright Posted at 2017-1-30 12:53
I haven't heard anything back from them, they all seem to ask what happened and then nothing.

I'll keep you posted too.

Please See this thread?
http://forum.dji.com/thread-82699-1-1.html

RedHotPoker
2017-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules