Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic turned on its axis by itself, no control input.
607 2 2017-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1440bd11
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124852 ft
Mexico

Hello all,

After a few months of waiting I finally received my Mavic and so far I have had a few flights on it, on the first flight I noticed a slight drift while flying forward  and while hovering (+75ft) so yesterday I performed a cold IMU calibration.

While testing it today the drift while hovering above 75 feet (no opti) seemed to be gone but the drift while moving is still there with very little observable wind.

The part that worries me the most is that after climbing to 150 ft, I got a Weak Signal message (even though I was only 45 ft away and around 160ft up, no obstructions, antennas placed correctly), video seemed to lag a bit and a few seconds later once it came back normally I noticed the Mavic had turned around 10 degrees on its axis by itself, I have replayed the flight in the app and there are no stick inputs at the time of the movement.

A couple of questions:
I saw no RTH message in the replay that could account for the movement, does the RTH procedure (when being closer than 60ft from T.O. point) include rotating the AC on it's axis to point to the Take off Point? I know that when it is that close it is supposed to lower itself only. In any case, there should be a message in the replay if that was the case even if the connection was actually cut and restored immediately, right? There is none.

In general it seems to me that the hovering overall is quite more unstable (horizontally and vertically) that my P4 Pro, does this sound right?

I am actually thinking about returning this Mavic to Amazon and waiting for the production line to “mature” a bit more and maybe try again on March or so…

Thanks!

JyYyM

2017-1-24
Use props
fans1440bd11
lvl.1
Mexico

Forgot to mention, this was on the latest firmware on both the AC and RC.
2017-1-24
Use props
fans1440bd11
lvl.1
Mexico

BTW, this happened while flying in a big city, over my own property so this could acount for the weak signal message, what has me pretty nervous about flying it again is that the AC turned by itself and if it was not caused by a possible RTH (even no message was displayed) then something bay be wrong with the compasses (even if no warning was ever shown).
2017-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules