Feature request opinion
553 4 2017-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dav 0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 277585 ft

I would like to know if there was any interest in a feature request to set a minimum height which could be toggled easily.

Why?

A number of use cases; but to list a couple:
So I can allow my son/dad/brother to take control and enjoy my possession to without the fear of them crashing it into trees/ground/dog/people etc etc.  Combining the maximum height, maximum distance with a minimum height feature would create a safe area of airspace to practice in.

So I can set a minimum of 3 metres to stop one migsjudging sea level and taking the bird for a swim

To create a defined area that is safe to land in via rth  - a bit like a virtual cylinder

To create a safe height above known ground furniture.  

Any opinions?

2017-1-24
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I am with you but if we can set up a predifined height, speed, distance and saved it and then click a buton and activate it before handing the bird to a person.
2017-1-24
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

I had a few family members fly my drone, and I'm more worried about the horizontal than the vertical. I just put it up to 50 or 75 meters than hand over the remote, don't think their going to hit anything from that height.
2017-1-24
Use props
Dav 0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 277585 ft

Maybe I should just set Way points, start the mission and then hand it over lol.
2017-1-25
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft
United States

I think this thing already has enough things on the transmitter.   If DJI even put a fraction on these ideas on the Tx,  It would be huge. And I mean Huge in a Trump kind of Huge way.
From what I have been reading, There are like 5 request each week.  
The whole point of this drone is to make it simple enough for ME.
Keep the ideas coming......you never know  
2017-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules