Looking to buy a P3P Remote
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yorick Nicholls
lvl.2
Flight distance : 790758 ft
Vanuatu

Hi folks,

I'm in Vanuatu, and in need of a new Phantom 3 Pro Remote Controller.
Would anyone know of the best source, with the best value for money pricing, for that part (10)?

The DJI official website won't ship to Vanuatu, wether it be from AUS or USA, so utterly useless to me as a shop.
Looking for alternatives. Considering B&H if they'll ship here.

Seems the P3P Remote goes for a max retail of USD$279.
Anyone found better by chance?

I welcome used units, so second-hand. I believe in recyling, rather than always buying new.

Cheers,

Yorick
2017-1-24
Use props
WilberMaker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 83547 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know you can't trust anyone today. But if comes to it could you have it shipped here and I turn around and ship it to you? I'm not willing to put money into it but I could certainly put another label on the box and ship it to you.
2017-1-25
Use props
WilberMaker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 83547 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh beautiful island!
2017-1-25
Use props
Yorick Nicholls
lvl.2
Vanuatu

Thanks WilberMaker, appreciate the offer.
2017-1-25
Use props
tomfrmnh9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12464 ft
United States

I just bought one off Ebay for $140 including shipping. Not sure about shipping to Vanuatu though. I'll be sending my other back to DJI for refurb.
2017-1-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

@Yorick Nicholls, Just a little light hearted humour.

Did you by any chance, crash your old RC, into a tree perhaps? Haha

Wondered why you need a new RC.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-27
Use props
Yorick Nicholls
lvl.2
Vanuatu

tomfrmnh9 Posted at 2017-1-27 17:11
I just bought one off Ebay for $140 including shipping. Not sure about shipping to Vanuatu though. I'll be sending my other back to DJI for refurb.

Thank you Tom, very helpful.
2017-1-27
Use props
Yorick Nicholls
lvl.2
Vanuatu

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-27 17:34
@Yorick Nicholls, Just a little light hearted humour.

Did you by any chance, crash your old RC, into a tree perhaps? Haha

Because it's battery is malfunctioning. And living in Vanuatu, and running a drone photography biz, I can't afford being without one when I send this one into warranty repair.

My tree hugging days are behind me
2017-1-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yorick Nicholls Posted at 2017-1-27 22:00
Because it's battery is malfunctioning. And living in Vanuatu, and running a drone photography biz, I can't afford being without one when I send this one into warranty repair.

My tree hugging days are behind me

Oh, that's no fun. I've heard about a few DJI RC batteries acting up, but very very rarely.

Hope you can find a suitable replacement, while you wait for yours to be repaired and sent back.

Good luck. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-27
Use props
Yorick Nicholls
lvl.2
Vanuatu

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-27 22:04
Oh, that's no fun. I've heard about a few DJI RC batteries acting up, but very very rarely.

Hope you can find a suitable replacement, while you wait for yours to be repaired and sent back.

Well I dismantled it today to test it with another spare remote someone passed onto me.
It's not the battery. Something else. Remote is not reading the battery's full power, only some. And it will announce a low battery warning very prematurely, yet it will operate for a while during that phase. Seems something is off, but I can't put my finger on it...
2017-1-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yorick Nicholls Posted at 2017-1-27 23:30
Well I dismantled it today to test it with another spare remote someone passed onto me.
It's not the battery. Something else. Remote is not reading the battery's full power, only some. And it will announce a low battery warning very prematurely, yet it will operate for a while during that phase. Seems something is off, but I can't put my finger on it...

I thought that you were sending that RC in, to be repaired. Why mess around switching batteries.

Too bad, You can't buy them DJI RC batteries separate. And just install them yourself. Since You are handy.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-27
Use props
Yorick Nicholls
lvl.2
Vanuatu

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-27 23:32
I thought that you were sending that RC in, to be repaired. Why mess around switching batteries.

Too bad, You can't buy them DJI RC batteries separate. And just install them yourself. Since You are handy.

Because it will likely cost me more in return shipping from Vanuatu-China-Vanuatu, than to try a fix myself or simply buy a 2nd hand spare remote from ebay (as I'm about to do). Unfortunate reality is that the easiest path isn't always the cheapest.

Good news is that the tests revealed the battery isn't at fault. Someone on another thread suggested to me it could be the voltage sensor. He suggested a firmware downgrade to see if that helps.
2017-1-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yorick Nicholls Posted at 2017-1-27 23:38
Because it will likely cost me more in return shipping from Vanuatu-China-Vanuatu, than to try a fix myself or simply buy a 2nd hand spare remote from ebay (as I'm about to do). Unfortunate reality is that the easiest path isn't always the cheapest.

Good news is that the tests revealed the battery isn't at fault. Someone on another thread suggested to me it could be the voltage sensor. He suggested a firmware downgrade to see if that helps.

I hope it works out, that would be great for you. Save you an outlay.

When are you going to experiment?

RedHotPoker
2017-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules