1234Next >
23284 127 2017-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patman89
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288327 ft
Germany

I have a XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 2 everything was fine on DJI GO 4.0.5!

All issues have begun with DJI GO 4.0.6 and got even worse on DJI GO 4.0.7 and now a little better on 4.1.0.

My main problem is, that my phone immediately looses the connection to the RC right after I start the motors. And if this happened once, the app is damaged and I can't reconnect anymore. Not even if I restart everything. Only a clean reinstall can fix this for a short while. I managed to get DJI GO 4.0.7 to work once, but I don't know what I have done. After activating WiFi on my device it crashed and then it was broken forever...

With 4.1.0 the "Disconnects" have gone, but app screen fades to black after I hit "Go Fly" and then reverts me to the main screen of the app. The app does not crash anymore, but I am still unable to fly. Now I am back on 4.0.5 and everything is smooth.

My question is:
what happens after DJI releases the restricting update where I need to opt in via the new app? I can not use it and NO I don't want to buy a new device, because I only use it for flying and my Mavic was expensive enough! My primary phone is still my beloved Lumia 930 Windows Phone! So, I would rather sell my Mavic before buying a new phone to get this fixed...

If anyone has another idea what I can do to get the DJI Go App working, please let me know! I really apprecate every help I can get!
2017-5-26
Use props
Otmin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48878 ft
Ukraine

Samsung Galaxy S8, app crashes after I push "Enter device"... Doesn't work at all atm, tried different resolutions.
2017-5-26
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Otmin Posted at 2017-5-26 18:43
Samsung Galaxy S8, app crashes after I push "Enter device"... Doesn't work at all atm, tried different resolutions.

Move to IOS ans stop the frustration!
2017-5-26
Use props
The Droninator
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5538 ft
Germany

I am the E Posted at 2017-5-26 19:08

If the freezer in your NYC penthouse is defective pack your bag and move to Buffalo!
2017-5-27
Use props
jakjam
lvl.1
Flight distance : 771453 ft
  • >>>
Germany

anthonyb Posted at 2017-5-26 15:02
Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending DJI.  I'm merely stating that if you want to limit the risk then switch to iOS.

This can not be the solution. I have been been IOS for ever and switched to android toget rid of the over expansive apple products. One can expect from a company big as dji that they get this major issue with andriod fixed. What`s the point to spend a lot of money to buy an ipad or phone. It can not be the way to switch to apple products cause dji is not capable to fix this problem, this company is big enough to get good programmers who are able to fix their problem. It is time to think about demanding a refund for wasted time by trying to find a workaround or fix for their faulty product and in the end spending money to buy litchi to be able flying the drone. A minimum of 100$ to 150$ should be demanded by every victim of the incompetence of the dji go4 developers and programmers.
2017-5-27
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The Droninator Posted at 2017-5-27 11:37
If the freezer in your NYC penthouse is defective pack your bag and move to Buffalo!

A lot of booze today???
2017-5-27
Use props
Sam Orifici
lvl.1
United States

It's kind of funny how their rating on the play store dropped from a 2.8 to a 2.7 since the update
2017-5-29
Use props
fans18d204c5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2949393 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been using the DJI go 4 with my Samsung Tab S2 without issue. As soon as I updated to 4.1.0, my tablet crashes all the time. The good thing is as soon as I restart the app, it connects to everything okay. I also have a Nexus 6P and because of all the crashes, I switched to the Samsung tab. I feel your pain.
2017-5-30
Use props
Bmalady
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1070 ft
United States

Too many people have this issue for no results. They seem to have the market wrapped up and seeming are not worried about customer service.
2017-5-30
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

Has anyone ever tested my solution?

See Post #41
2017-5-30
Use props
Senorpablo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 407323 ft
United States

fansfc205fd5 Posted at 2017-3-20 18:22
I'm also running a Nexus 6P (7.1.2 beta) with my Mavic Pro, and I'm seeing an issue in flight where the phone's live feed freezes. The entire screen, the phones lock button, and volume buttons are  unresponsive. This forces me to reboot the phone while in flight.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Same phone, same issue for me.
2017-5-30
Use props
rbhamilton59
New
Canada

Yep.  Just got the latest App (as of May 31 2017) and I can confirm it's got more bugs than a dead skunk carcass at the side of the road.  Crashes 2 or 3 times every flight.  Nothing more nerve wracking than having your little guy 2km away over the lake and suddenly your app goes "Signal Lost", goes grey and exits to the main screen.  That's a long 30 seconds as you relaunch and get video back.  Not cool DJI.  Not Cool!

I've tried this on two stock android phones - an older Nexus 4 and an a Nexus 6.

I tried the same run with an iPad.  No issues.  No crashes.

This isn't an iOS vs Android issue.  It's a "DJI's App Stinks" issue.
2017-5-31
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

rbhamilton59 Posted at 2017-5-31 06:38
Yep.  Just got the latest App (as of May 31 2017) and I can confirm it's got more bugs than a dead skunk carcass at the side of the road.  Crashes 2 or 3 times every flight.  Nothing more nerve wracking than having your little guy 2km away over the lake and suddenly your app goes "Signal Lost", goes grey and exits to the main screen.  That's a long 30 seconds as you relaunch and get video back.  Not cool DJI.  Not Cool!

I've tried this on two stock android phones - an older Nexus 4 and an a Nexus 6.

If anyone can confirm the root-cause of this issue, DJI may fix it. I am currently writing with DJI support. But we need more users who test and verify my solution. If we can definetly say it's caused by the flight records, we have a good chance DJI will repair the app with an upcoming update. But the longer it take to figure it out, the longer we have to wait. If you have 2 minutes to waste, please purge all your local flight records (don't forget to sync them before!) and make a testflight. If everything is fine, please sync all your records again to get them back on your device and make another flight - if it crashes again, we may have found the issue!
2017-5-31
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Not a solution. It will become compatible, just need to be patient. I have an S6 that I wont upgrade to Android 7 till it is compatible. The update notification I got said that if you upgrade, that apps that are not optimized for 7 might not work correct. Guess what the S8 runs on...

Spending 800euro for an Idevice is stupid. I have not frustration, my phone is compatible and never had a single crash.
2017-5-31
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Nees Posted at 2017-5-31 06:47
Not a solution. It will become compatible, just need to be patient. I have an S6 that I wont upgrade to Android 7 till it is compatible. The update notification I got said that if you upgrade, that apps that are not optimized for 7 might not work correct. Guess what the S8 runs on...

Spending 800euro for an Idevice is stupid. I have not frustration, my phone is compatible and never had a single crash.

Nees,

You are right but if something is not working no matter what you do it is not going to solve the issue by itself.

So rather than banging head with the wall. I buy something that is working. Iphone or Android.

As you see on this forum most of the issues are with Android equipment. It said and I feel for people especially outside the US for the high price but it is what it is.

Cheers!

2017-5-31
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

I am the E Posted at 2017-5-31 08:35
Nees,

You are right but if something is not working no matter what you do it is not going to solve the issue by itself.

Mostly because many people use a phone that is to old, not the right OS version or just not supported... Follow the rules and no problem. Pretty easy with Iphone, caus well, there is just one Iphone each year but many variations of android and custom hardware. Is this bad? No! I love it! But that makes it harder for devs to test all cases. Technically, it should work on each same android OS. Most apps run without issue. might be bad coding from DJI, don't understand why not many phones arent compatible.

Fun fact: MAVIC (and other drones fromDJI) run on Android 4.4. Crystal Sky runs android
Double funfact:Have a tablet that runs on the same chipset as Crystal Sky, App crashes instant...

The irony is big here!
2017-5-31
Use props
fans869e3202
lvl.1
Flight distance : 392641 ft
Austria

just updated to the new go 4 and it doesnt work anymore !!! keeps crashing all the time. i have android 7 on it. tried it on 2nd phone without android 6 and it works there!! WTF - DJI has not made it compatible for Android 7 ??? and i now i am stuck ? many here have the same issue  
2017-5-31
Use props
xordium
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79219 ft
Australia

This really isn't an iPhone vs Android discussion.  This is a discussion about DJI having a correctly written and properly tested app.   The app is not defective because it's on Android - there are hundreds of thousands of applications on Android that work perfectly.  The app is defective because it isn't written properly, and not tested properly.   DJI need to spend the time to fix it, or withdraw support for Android.
2017-5-31
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Moldova

Nees Posted at 2017-5-31 15:22
Mostly because many people use a phone that is to old, not the right OS version or just not supported... Follow the rules and no problem. Pretty easy with Iphone, caus well, there is just one Iphone each year but many variations of android and custom hardware. Is this bad? No! I love it! But that makes it harder for devs to test all cases. Technically, it should work on each same android OS. Most apps run without issue. might be bad coding from DJI, don't understand why not many phones are compatible.

Fun fact: MAVIC (and other drones fromDJI) run on Android 4.4. Crystal Sky runs android

I got you man. that is why I said go with the flow. lol
2017-5-31
Use props
Sam Orifici
lvl.1
United States

This is a bad question, I know, but is there any are way to downgrade to android 6? If that's the fix I want to give it a try (as opposed to attempting something else [or finding a new device]).
2017-6-1
Use props
jakjam
lvl.1
Flight distance : 771453 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Tharg (from the Posted at 2017-1-25 07:45
Try turning Auto Rotate Screen off on your device - see if that solves it.

DJI coding chimps with sloppy coding again

it won`t work at all, tryed it no success
2017-6-1
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

Bradders Posted at 2017-5-8 11:17
I used to use my Mavic with a Samsung S6 and it crashed constantly, I think DJIs are much more stable with IOS devices

I use my S6, not a single crash... Were you still on 6.1?
2017-6-1
Use props
fans71cc0cb8
New

Sweden

Uninstall and install
2017-6-9
Use props
Sam Orifici
lvl.1
United States

Has anyone found a fix yet?
2017-6-15
Use props
hai_rolla
New
United States

I have a Galaxy s7 and followed the video and it worked...except I had to go from 360 dp to 480 dp as my smallest width.  I saw on a different forum that it is the splash screen that faults the application to load.   It's a simple fix on DJI's part but they don't seem to care.
2017-6-15
Use props
Sam Orifici
lvl.1
United States

The edge, right? That's what I use, and I want to make sure it works before I try anything.
2017-6-16
Use props
Sam Orifici
lvl.1
United States

Has the most recent update fixed anything or made it worse?
2017-6-18
Use props
Hank Anderson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 126270 ft
United States

That is not a viable answer as to why DJI's software team cannot resolve this issue.  Look we didn't all buy the drones intending to own some sort of Apple device.  They made apps for both OS's.  They need to support what they made, that simple.  We shouldn't be forced into purchasing additional hardware just to run their app, considering the amount of money we have spent on these drones to begin with.  We wanted the best, we bought the best, it's time DJI owns up to their errors...
2017-6-19
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Hank Anderson Posted at 2017-6-19 16:52
That is not a viable answer as to why DJI's software team cannot resolve this issue.  Look we didn't all buy the drones intending to own some sort of Apple device.  They made apps for both OS's.  They need to support what they made, that simple.  We shouldn't be forced into purchasing additional hardware just to run their app, considering the amount of money we have spent on these drones to begin with.  We wanted the best, we bought the best, it's time DJI owns up to their errors...

I hear YOU man but they don't hear YOU!

That is why I keep saying go with the flow  and get a device that work or put your drone up for sale.

You are NOT the first one and you WON'T be the last one to cry about this issue {:4_142:}
2017-6-19
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

I'd be keen to see the Chinese version of this forum to see how many crashes Android users are getting in China.  Most of the phones there will be Android.  For the record I've got and iPhone 6s Plus and the DJI app has never ever crashed no matter what version.  It's rock solid.

The irony is DJI themselves use Android for crystal sky and the phantom 4 pro.  Both of which are probably having similar issues.  This means it's not a phone issue but a lack of decent developing for Android issue.  If that is indeed the case I don't see a rapid improvement especially as iOS is so rock solid.  I guess more people will get dedicated iOS devices just to fly drones.

2017-6-19
Use props
Stolz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 783455 ft
Hong Kong

Nexus 6P with Android 7.1.2 and DJI GO App crashes on every single flight. It's been like this since android 7.0. DJI GO App does simply not work with Android 7.x
2017-6-20
Use props
classiczone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1524875 ft
New Zealand

I also have a Samsung Galaxy S8 and my app closed 4 times in flight today this is just totally annoying and there could be a risk of me loosing my mavic if DJI don't fix this issue asap
2017-6-26
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Here are some Android devices that will work with the Go App. Android: Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, MI 3, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20, Sony Xperia Z3, Smartisan T1. You have to make sure you are using the Go 4 App
2017-6-26
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

It is perhaps not your latest hardware that has issues. It has been already discussed and it is incompatibility with Android 7. My Moto z play has the same issue with Android 7 after upgrading from 6. Since then I have bought a ASUS zenpad s3 10 with android 6. I have 100% success rate using DJI Go app. So do something about it either downgrade to Android 6 or push DJI to fix the issue with Android 7.
2017-6-26
Use props
fans9a146d3f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61040 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Guys, Not sure if anyone here knows how to root a phone and install custom rom?

I needed to upgrade my phone contract and so got a new phone. I kept my Samsung S6 with the latest 7.1 android that was having problems, and I rooted it and installed a custom rom called "Xtrestolite" onto the phone which is based of an older android version.

It not only works without crashing but also works a lot fast and snappier when going through menus and changing settings in flight due to bloatware not utilising most of the ram. Also because I installed the custom rom which no longer takes up half the memory on the phone I can now increase the video cache to maximum

So I now have a dedicated phone for my drone, Just an idea for you guys. If you want, I can talk you through how to do it all if anyone wants help doing this?
2017-7-1
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

classiczone Posted at 2017-6-26 14:12
I also have a Samsung Galaxy S8 and my app closed 4 times in flight today this is just totally annoying and there could be a risk of me loosing my mavic if DJI don't fix this issue asap

I am also using the S8, yet the DJI GO 4 has never crashed on my phone, but it did get extremely sluggish at times.
I have been using DJI GO 4 version 4.1.2 until yesterday, I haven't used version 4.1.3 yet as it's raining cats and dogs for the moment.
BTW, I have turned off battery usage optimization for the DJI GO 4 and it appears to work better, but my tests are not 100% conclusive yet.
2017-7-1
Use props
Sam Orifici
lvl.1
United States

Dji go 4 update...changes say bug fixes overall...

Any brave soul made it through a flight with it?
2017-7-4
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

Sam Orifici Posted at 2017-7-4 12:24
Dji go 4 update...changes say bug fixes overall...

Any brave soul made it through a flight with it?

I have upgraded and don't find any "bug fixes"  it works as well as the previous version meaning not well at all.  No improvement for me, in fact it crashes a little more often.  I suspect that this is not a real difference from the original version, just deterioration over time.
2017-7-4
Use props
Sam Orifici
lvl.1
United States

contemplating rooting my phone and moving back to marshmallow...wheee...
2017-7-8
Use props
mollyg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 194721 ft
Canada

I upgraded to dji go 4.1.3 and works terrible found the old 4.1.2 works better.
2017-7-9
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules