Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Received new Mavic with Firmware v01.03.0300
3863 29 2017-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ivan7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 118504 ft
Indonesia

Received new Mavic with Firmware v01.03.0300
I just powered the Mavic on after receiving it two days ago and noticed it had an new firmware revision v01.03.0300.  Anyone aware if there are any release notes?  I posted this in the New Firmware thread but I thought it might be appropriate to create a new thread.

2017-1-25
Use props
P4Life
lvl.1

United States

wondering same thing as well
2017-1-25
Use props
BarrettF77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 565459 ft
United States

If they updated, it usually takes them a few days to let us know.  They aren't the most organized of companies in case you haven't noticed.
2017-1-25
Use props
icerecou
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1530732 ft
Canada

where do you see the firmware version?

I just received my mavic and no update was required, this will maybe explain why
2017-1-25
Use props
fans464c96e6
lvl.3

Canada

I have this same new version on my mavic that I received yesterday,  Jan 24th.
2017-1-25
Use props
icerecou
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1530732 ft
Canada

after verification, yes last version came with my mavic
2017-1-25
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612405 ft
  • >>>
United States

icerecou Posted at 2017-1-25 20:00
after verification, yes last version came with my mavic

yep, got mine on the 20th with that version installed.

2017-1-25
Use props
GOCMAN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 361171 ft
Australia

Has any-one got any issues with the new Firmware  ??
2017-1-25
Use props
Peter Galbavy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

Apart from software builds getting firm dates in factory there is a slim chance that there are (minor) hardware changes that require it as a minimum firmware level?

Hopefully we find out more soon.
2017-1-26
Use props
networth
Captain
Flight distance : 661627 ft
  • >>>
India

I got it last week and it came with everything latest.
Super stuff DJI man.
2017-1-26
Use props
iPurvis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13750 ft
United Kingdom

Just checked assistant and the firmware available currently is v 01.03.0200
2017-1-26
Use props
Angelo26
Second Officer
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

Did You already fly Your Mavic and checked all tracking functions ? Which smartphone do You use and which DJI GO version ? If everything runs flawless, please let us know ! (and, of course, also if not ;-) )
2017-1-26
Use props
Ivan7
lvl.3
Indonesia

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-1-26 02:30
Did You already fly Your Mavic and checked all tracking functions ? Which smartphone do You use and which DJI GO version ? If everything runs flawless, please let us know ! (and, of course, also if not ;-) )

I have not flown it with the new firmware yet.  I might be missing something but it locks into GPS mode and say ready to go with only 8 satellites.  Possible change here?  I will try to get it in the air tomorrow and provide an update.
2017-1-26
Use props
Angelo26
Second Officer
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

Ivan7 Posted at 2017-1-26 02:37
I have not flown it with the new firmware yet.  I might be missing something but it locks into GPS mode and say ready to go with only 8 satellites.  Possible change here?  I will try to get it in the air tomorrow and provide an update.

Thanks for the info. Sounds promising. Some here have problems with GPS-lock even with 9 sats. Looking fwd to read Your test-report :-)
2017-1-26
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

If this is new firmware, and if it solves the VPS issues many of have been having, it would be nice if DJI shared it with the rest of us that have been staring at a $999.00 dollar paper weight for a month now!!!!!
2017-1-26
Use props
Ivan7
lvl.3
Indonesia

Well after a few issues with my Iphone 6 plus, I switch over to my Iphone 7 and the Mavic performed without issue.  Control was great, no issue with any sensors and RTH executed flawlessly multiple times and landed within 5cm on every occasion.  This Mavic is really a dream to fly.  Did not try sports mode but will eventually get to it.  I now need to proceed to the next step which is verify that the pictures and video are rock solid.  Upon first inspection the Video seems good with no vibrations noticeable.

Hopefully someone else with this new version of firmware can post their results.
2017-1-28
Use props
Drew77

United States

Same here for my mavic 4 days ago and all the updates already done and it was a blast (when it worked) the pictures were absolutely amazing the flying was great also, until I lost complete control even the flight recorder just stoped mid flight so anyway just be carful
I fly with a group of guys and they have a mavic with older firmware and we never encounter a problem not one beat but mine was not so lucky
2017-1-28
Use props
Andrejs
First Officer
Flight distance : 1730177 ft
Latvia

Even new firmware will not help from magnetic Interferences, signal losts etc =) This is flying machine and anything could happen all the time.
2017-1-28
Use props
Jdwyier
lvl.3

United States

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-1-26 02:30

I flew yesterday with the new firmware. Ran some tests using the Go4 app on Android, Go4 appon IOS, and a test using Litchi for Android.  Did not note any issues or bugs.

A note about firmware versioning for those interested. In general versioning systems operate in this manor:

Standard format is XX.YY.ZZ

XX - represents Major changes to the structure of the program and often backward comparability is not assured.
YY - Minor feature changes and/or Major bugs addressed.
ZZ - A revision to address minor bugs/glitches

Until DJI publishes the data I have no idea what they were addressing, but if they hold true to versioning standards whatever the changes were they were minor.

2017-1-28
Use props
fans1ebb75ac
Flight distance : 1156923 ft
Australia

Jdwyier Posted at 2017-1-28 08:01
I flew yesterday with the new firmware. Ran some tests using the Go4 app on Android, Go4 appon IOS, and a test using Litchi for Android.  Did not note any issues or bugs.

A note about firmware versioning for those interested. In general versioning systems operate in this manor:

Hi,
I have Version v01.03.0300 (latest) firmware which is currently not listed on the DJI Mavic Downloads site.
I received my Mavic on the 25th Jan 2017 and since have completed around 15 flights testing different features and settings for the camera. I am using IOS 10 (Latest Version) on an iPad Mini4 with the Go 4 APP. I have had absolutely no issues at all apart from fine tuning the camera settings in 1080 50p mode which has been quite a challenge. Moire and Aliaising issues are obvious but I think everyone is experiencing poor 1080 50p & 60p Video quality. When I say poor I mean by comparison to the 1080 50p video shot on my Phantom 3 Pro. Other than that, all good.
2017-2-2
Use props
harfordhawk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18668 ft
United States

Just to jump in here with an observation.  I got mavic jan 12 with the new .300 firmware. I have had one kinda major issue. tried followme mode which worked pretty well, but as I switched out of it, lost all GPS and seemingly some control... very hard to know as I was fumbling with the controller as the mavic headed downwind. seemed to be toilet bowling, I did get some altitude though and missed a tree it was headed for. GPS went in and out a few times then finally settled back in and I brought it home. Lots of people say, GPS can go in and out, etc the nature of GPS, but that is not really my experience from flying rc planes for years. I feel there was a handoff issue when I came out of followme mode.
2017-2-2
Use props
Numloxx
New

Australia

harfordhawk Posted at 2017-2-2 05:30
Just to jump in here with an observation.  I got mavic jan 12 with the new .300 firmware. I have had one kinda major issue. tried followme mode which worked pretty well, but as I switched out of it, lost all GPS and seemingly some control... very hard to know as I was fumbling with the controller as the mavic headed downwind. seemed to be toilet bowling, I did get some altitude though and missed a tree it was headed for. GPS went in and out a few times then finally settled back in and I brought it home. Lots of people say, GPS can go in and out, etc the nature of GPS, but that is not really my experience from flying rc planes for years. I feel there was a handoff issue when I came out of followme mode.

I got mine today and it also has 01.03.0300 firmware for the controller and drone.
Perth, Western Australia.
2017-2-2
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612405 ft
  • >>>
United States

i had the new version till today.  decided to downgrade to the last to test something out.  now i can not install the new version back.  it's not an option it seems.
2017-2-3
Use props
Ivan7
lvl.3
Indonesia

SeanOzz Posted at 2017-2-3 16:29
i had the new version till today.  decided to downgrade to the last to test something out.  now i can not install the new version back.  it's not an option it seems.

Too bad.  It looks like you gave away your free gift.  You will now have to wait until it is publicly released and available in the DJI Assistant 2.  what were you trying to test out by downgrading?
2017-2-3
Use props
r4nd0m
lvl.3
Flight distance : 839055 ft
United Kingdom

I wonder if the .300 firmware is the one where they have corrected the color profiles in the firmware - I can see in both apps yhe profiles should be art, vivid, beach, dream, b&w and so on which currently isnt the case in the firmware and we get film a-h and stuff - could someone confirm that the color profiles are named correctly?
2017-2-4
Use props
Ivan7
lvl.3
Indonesia

r4nd0m Posted at 2017-2-4 01:45
I wonder if the .300 firmware is the one where they have corrected the color profiles in the firmware - I can see in both apps yhe profiles should be art, vivid, beach, dream, b&w and so on which currently isnt the case in the firmware and we get film a-h and stuff - could someone confirm that the color profiles are named correctly?

The profiles still looks to be the same in .300 . Film a-h and stuff.
2017-2-4
Use props
jpap
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1780679 ft
Greece

The Art profile has just returned to iOS with today's update of DJI GO 4, running on 01.03.0200
2017-2-4
Use props
B___S___A
lvl.1

Australia

I have been told in DJI chat that the gimble startup process has been slowed down to stop the hitting binding issue.. can someone with .0300who has experienced previous versions please confirm this for me?

2017-2-4
Use props
Chriscycling
lvl.4
United Kingdom

My 'new' Mavic came with 03.02 not 03. Delivered 25th January. I say 'new' because a few things are making me think I've been sent a refurb unit not brand new. The main clue is that my refresh is not recognised which I bought at the same time but the DJI site says 'I've already purchased refresh'. It's with DJI support now but I think I've been stiffed {:4_142:}
2017-2-5
Use props
Bax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

I have been testing it for a while now - it's a good update

Shouldn't be long to release now
2017-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now