I feel so lucky
1408 5 2017-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PhantomPhil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

I was disappointed that the Assistant 2 software installed correctly on my PC and that my drone connected first time. I was expecting that the firmware would not update but it did first time. I didn't even have to switch out USB leads, funnily enough the supplied one was fine.
Unfortunately when I switched on my P4P+ controller for the first time I was able to register my account successfully without any errors of course I made sure that I did not use any of those special characters or symbols such as "+" or "@" maybe that was it or could it have been something else?. I am worried.
I did purchase a SanDisk Extreme PLUS 128 GB microSDXC Memory Card for the drone and have to admit that it is still working for me, why is this?
I haven't had a fly away either but I have been expecting one anytime soon because I have been reading these forums.
I haven't noticed that the fans are particularly noisy but that could be because I am slightly deaf, in any case it is not causing me any issues and if it was can always use earplugs.
I did have the problem of the +controller screen being too bright and had to wear sunglasses to avoid being dazzled until I realised that it was possible to adjust the brightness manually. You guessed it, there is a steep learning curve to using this display.
I have not had any freezing video yet either but I put this down to the fact that I only fly when the weather is above 5 degrees. I think this is the same reason that the DJI Go 4 app hasn't frozen yet either.
I was hoping to be able to fix the date stamp on my photos or video but with them being correct there is nothing I can do.
I did have one major problem though and that was the default map location being Berlin, but hey I guess that's normal cos everyone gets this, right? The odd thing is that when I contacted DJI about this they suggested I do a compass calibration that may correct the issue; this is the only time I have calibrated the compass - it didn't solve the map issue but the compass calibrated first time. I must be jinxed.
I DO have the problem of the gimbal working correctly but I can put up with that.
I know this might sound strange but I haven't had loss of signal or had RTH initiated yet. I put this down to me being stupid enough to only fly LOS and not flying behind buildings and stuff.
I cant see any flickering in my footage yet, in fact I find the footage perfect, I wonder whether this might be because when I look at the footage I synchronise my eye blinking in time to the footage - is this the cure? Of course at 120fps this takes some practice.

I feel so lucky because I might be one of the few lucky owners that have a P4P+ that works flawlessly. Is there anyone else out there or am I the only one?
2017-1-25
Use props
Palladous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 102185 ft
United States

Gotta love the UK humor! My P3S is also running without issues. Go App still on 2.9.1 'cause the (NOT) HERE maps just don't cut it for me. Thanks for the upbeat report.
2017-1-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yeah, we are peaved off too, everything works flawlessly. Must be something wrong?  But for the life of me, I can't find any.
Does anyone know why I don't have any visible or imaginary problems?  I feel left out, nothing to bitch about, or to. Haha

Please help me? Will somebody give me your advice, or support, if you know the answer? Chuckles

RedHotPoker
2017-1-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

No problems here, long may it continue. Good luck..
2017-1-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-25 14:38
No problems here, long may it continue. Good luck..

Yes, me so happy, love it long long time... Ha

RedHotPoker
2017-1-25
Use props
BashP4P+
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Im sorry mate, You are not alone...  

Im loving my p4p+

2017-1-25
Use props
Advanced