Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I JUST PURCHASED A USED PHANTOM 4 DO I NEED TO RE REGISTER
4411 9 2017-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa7c53f25
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6299455 ft
United States

I JUST PURCHASED A USED PHANTOM 4 DO I NEED TO RE REGISTER IT WITH DJI TO CHANGE OWNERSHIP RECORDS ?
2017-1-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Are you yelling at me? Please turn off cap lock. Thanks.

Yes, you should register your drone, identifying it to yourself...

RedHotPoker
2017-1-25
Use props
fansa7c53f25
lvl.1
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-25 16:55
Are you yelling at me? Please turn off cap lock. Thanks.

Yes, you should register your drone, identifying it to yourself...

And where do you happen to know where I need to go, or how I can accomplish that ? I couldn't find anywhere on the DJI site to re-register a drone or otherwise make the appropriate changes, not unless I missed it, but I don't think I did.

Oh yea, sorry about the yellin' thing............................
2017-1-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I think when you originally sign on and establish ownership, you already have.
Did you have to create a password for the drone?

No problem with the caps, it's just easier to read with regular script. Ha

RedHotPoker

2017-1-25
Use props
fansa7c53f25
lvl.1
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-25 17:44
I think when you originally sign on and establish ownership, you already have.
Did you have to create a password for the drone?

I purchased it on Ebay used. It is in excellent condition, I just flew it as a  matter of fact. It is awesome and a hell of lot faster than the P3's Anyway, I digress, I do believe the former owner probably registered it with DJI, I think you have to or it won't fly.

I just now noticed that when I just uploaded my flight info just a few minutes ago, it now shows up as one of my drones now. It didn't ask any questions. So I guess they don't need to know or they would have asked.

Thanks for your time !
2017-1-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

fansa7c53f25 Posted at 2017-1-25 17:52
I purchased it on Ebay used. It is in excellent condition, I just flew it as a  matter of fact. It is awesome and a hell of lot faster than the P3's Anyway, I digress, I do believe the former owner probably registered it with DJI, I think you have to or it won't fly.

I just now noticed that when I just uploaded my flight info just a few minutes ago, it now shows up as one of my drones now. It didn't ask any questions. So I guess they don't need to know or they would have asked.

Ok, well it may fly, but it would be nice to rename it, and call it your own.

I think you may be right though. Once it's been registered you are good to go, even as a second pilot.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fansa7c53f25 Posted at 2017-1-25 17:52

If the previous owner had already activated the unit, it's already registered. What you would do as the alternative way of taking ownership is to log into your DJI account from here on in and rename the aircraft to your choosing. Any flight records generated at that point would be tied to your account.
2017-1-25
Use props
Ranch571
New

United States

I also just purchased a used P4P. I’ve been trying for 4 days to update FW, because on my shakedown fight 10 minutes in it flashed a needs FW update warning. I’ve read every  manual and watched at least 3 hours of tutorials. Followed each step using Assistant 2 and the Go 4 app. The Assistant 2 connects then about 3 seconds later fails and displays the reconnect usb if.....   The Go 4 app connects to the drone and displays the Update Available banner, but I cannot find and update now button or banner. If I touch the Update Available banner, an illustration pops up showing to connect the tablet to the drone via OTG cable. How do I do that without breaking the initialization handshake that got me to that point. I tried keeping everything connected, and using a second IOS device and nothing happens. I tried a PC as a second device connect via OTG to drone same result. Bought new OTG cable with same result.... I'm really out of ideas. I joined the DJI forum, but cannot find instructions on how to post questions to the P4P or any other group?
2019-6-18
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ranch571 Posted at 6-18 15:06
I also just purchased a used P4P. I’ve been trying for 4 days to update FW, because on my shakedown fight 10 minutes in it flashed a needs FW update warning. I’ve read every  manual and watched at least 3 hours of tutorials. Followed each step using Assistant 2 and the Go 4 app. The Assistant 2 connects then about 3 seconds later fails and displays the reconnect usb if.....   The Go 4 app connects to the drone and displays the Update Available banner, but I cannot find and update now button or banner. If I touch the Update Available banner, an illustration pops up showing to connect the tablet to the drone via OTG cable. How do I do that without breaking the initialization handshake that got me to that point. I tried keeping everything connected, and using a second IOS device and nothing happens. I tried a PC as a second device connect via OTG to drone same result. Bought new OTG cable with same result.... I'm really out of ideas. I joined the DJI forum, but cannot find instructions on how to post questions to the P4P or any other group?

If you don't know how to properly firmware update and the firmware update got interrupted it's bricked meaning DJI has to fix it for you.
2019-6-18
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Ranch571 Posted at 6-18 15:06
I also just purchased a used P4P. I’ve been trying for 4 days to update FW, because on my shakedown fight 10 minutes in it flashed a needs FW update warning. I’ve read every  manual and watched at least 3 hours of tutorials. Followed each step using Assistant 2 and the Go 4 app. The Assistant 2 connects then about 3 seconds later fails and displays the reconnect usb if.....   The Go 4 app connects to the drone and displays the Update Available banner, but I cannot find and update now button or banner. If I touch the Update Available banner, an illustration pops up showing to connect the tablet to the drone via OTG cable. How do I do that without breaking the initialization handshake that got me to that point. I tried keeping everything connected, and using a second IOS device and nothing happens. I tried a PC as a second device connect via OTG to drone same result. Bought new OTG cable with same result.... I'm really out of ideas. I joined the DJI forum, but cannot find instructions on how to post questions to the P4P or any other group?

Few things you may not be aware of:

1. Did you downloaded and installed proper version of Assistant software? There's few incarnations of it for different drones, available on DJI Download Center. Start by creating your own account with DJI, you must Log In first to use this software, if memory serves me well.
2. Did you follow this video tutorial?
https://www.djivideos.com/watch/ ... a638fa9af.png@!1200
3. Make sure you have solid internet connection either for computer with Assistant or for device with Go4 app. Use original USB cable supplied with drone.

2019-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules