Image Transmission Settings not showing
2260 29 2017-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansddcc3cb0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111627 ft
Australia

Hey All, when i boot my DJI Go 4 app up and do my preflight i notced that in the Image Transmission Setting within the app is not indicating any of the transmission lines/levels....No connected channel, no stable or unstable lines are indicated so it makes it difficult to chaeck and see if there are any local inteferances prior to flight. I have re installed the app (Ver 4.0.1) and have updated the birds firmware.....any help with the above problem would be greatly appreciated....Cheers
2017-1-25
Use props
OZIROGUE
lvl.1
Australia

Top forum....no bloody replies.
2017-1-26
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi, is it showing one of the current channels been use in blue? (eg 13,14............20) also is it on auto or manual? do you have the other older dji go app loaded onto your device? if you do delete it.
2017-1-26
Use props
OZIROGUE
lvl.1
Australia

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2017-1-26 21:37
Hi, is it showing one of the current channels been use in blue? (eg 13,14............20) also is it on auto or manual? do you have the other older dji go app loaded onto your device? if you do delete it.

Hi, thanks for the reply, no its not showing any channels being used and is set to auto, i have deleted the previous dji go app and re installed again but no change...
2017-1-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, are you receiving any error messages in the Go app? Does the overall status indicate that it's reading normally? Which mobile device do you use?
2017-1-27
Use props
Sprtbkrydr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3777011 ft
United States

Try it on manual
2017-1-27
Use props
OZIROGUE
lvl.1
Australia

Hi Jamie, no i'm not receiving any error messages at all, yes the overall status indicate all is fine but there just are no bar indicators. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A. I have only had the bird 3 weeks and initially all indicators were fine, that is the App was showing what channel was in use. I have updated the firmware and re-installed the App already but still no change....baffling issue here as i want that confidence that all is ok to fly, last thing i want is a fly off or crash.
2017-1-28
Use props
OZIROGUE
lvl.1
Australia

Hey Sprtbkrydr, its no different in manual mode, still no indicators/channel showing.
2017-1-28
Use props
OZIROGUE
lvl.1
Australia

No still nothing...i'm going to re install everything including roll back of the firmware and see if that makes any difference...
2017-1-28
Use props
Lethal
Second Officer
Flight distance : 71096 ft
Australia

Hi OZIROGUE,
not sure if you are aware, the mods here are usually top notch with their responses but in order for them to see your replies, you must click the "reply" button at the bottom right corner of their message, Good luck with getting a result with you problem!
2017-1-29
Use props
OZIROGUE
lvl.1
Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-27 00:58
Just to clarify, are you receiving any error messages in the Go app? Does the overall status indicate that it's reading normally? Which mobile device do you use?

Hi Jamie, no i'm not receiving any error messages at all, yes the overall status indicate all is fine but there just are no bar indicators. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A. I have only had the bird 3 weeks and initially all indicators were fine, that is the App was showing what channel was in use. I have updated the firmware and re-installed the App already but still no change....baffling issue here as i want that confidence that all is ok to fly, last thing i want is a fly off or crash.
2017-1-29
Use props
OZIROGUE
lvl.1
Australia

Lethal Posted at 2017-1-29 00:55
Hi OZIROGUE,
not sure if you are aware, the mods here are usually top notch with their responses but in order for them to see your replies, you must click the "reply" button at the bottom right corner of their message, Good luck with getting a result with you problem!

Cheers for that !
2017-1-29
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

just curious, what does your AC battery status indicate  ?
2017-1-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

OZIROGUE Posted at 2017-1-28 11:42

Did you notice this after an app update or anything to that effect? Have you tried a different mobile device to see if it behaves the same way? Have you tried a short LOS test to see if it behaves normally? The app would not cause the unit to take off on its own. The app only displays information that the aircraft/RC projects. If the RC signal is strong and the unit is not drifting or going into Atti mode, then the likelihood of a crash is small.
2017-1-29
Use props
OZIROGUE
lvl.1
Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-29 20:00
Did you notice this after an app update or anything to that effect? Have you tried a different mobile device to see if it behaves the same way? Have you tried a short LOS test to see if it behaves normally? The app would not cause the unit to take off on its own. The app only displays information that the aircraft/RC projects. If the RC signal is strong and the unit is not drifting or going into Atti mode, then the likelihood of a crash is small.

Thanks Jamie, i'll try another tablet. What is the LOS test ?? I will advise the outcome Cheers
2017-1-29
Use props
OZIROGUE
lvl.1
Australia

Grizz 1 Posted at 2017-1-29 07:34
just curious, what does your AC battery status indicate  ?

I have 2 batteries and both are fine.
2017-1-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

OZIROGUE Posted at 2017-1-29 20:33
Thanks Jamie, i'll try another tablet. What is the LOS test ?? I will advise the outcome Cheers

LOS is normally short for "line of sight".
2017-1-29
Use props
OZIROGUE
lvl.1
Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-29 20:52
LOS is normally short for "line of sight".

Ok so at this stage i connected my other device ( A Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 ) and with the DJI go and the DJI go 4 apps installed from day dot on this device all seemed to be ok, that is all indicators within the ITS were working. I then decided to reset my Galaxy Tab A to a factory reset and re install the DJI go 4 app to see if that would work but to no avail, the ITS still doesn't show any channel indicators....frustrating !! i might add also i only bought the Tab a a few weeks ago and when i first installed the DJI go app all was fine so now i'm just a little baffled.....any further input would be appreciated.....i might hook up my HTC M9 mobile and see what that does....will advise the outcome to that soon. Cheers  
2017-1-29
Use props
OZIROGUE
lvl.1
Australia

OZIROGUE Posted at 2017-1-29 22:56
Ok so at this stage i connected my other device ( A Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 ) and with the DJI go and the DJI go 4 apps installed from day dot on this device all seemed to be ok, that is all indicators within the ITS were working. I then decided to reset my Galaxy Tab A to a factory reset and re install the DJI go 4 app to see if that would work but to no avail, the ITS still doesn't show any channel indicators....frustrating !! i might add also i only bought the Tab a a few weeks ago and when i first installed the DJI go app all was fine so now i'm just a little baffled.....any further input would be appreciated.....i might hook up my HTC M9 mobile and see what that does....will advise the outcome to that soon. Cheers

So i connected my HTC M9 and that worked fine....i'm going to do another factory reset on the Tab A and re install the Dji go 4 app and see how i go this time....
2017-1-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

OZIROGUE Posted at 2017-1-29 23:09
So i connected my HTC M9 and that worked fine....i'm going to do another factory reset on the Tab A and re install the Dji go 4 app and see how i go this time....

Please keep me posted.
2017-1-29
Use props
OZIROGUE
lvl.1
Australia

Ahhh its frustrating....i reset the device to factory settings, reinstalled the Dji go 4 app and still no graphical indicators in the ITS. I will try and get hold of another Tab A and see if i can isolate the issue to maybe just this tablet....strange when i set it up out of the box a few weeks ago all was fine....will keep you updated....Cheers
2017-1-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

OZIROGUE Posted at 2017-1-30 00:18
Ahhh its frustrating....i reset the device to factory settings, reinstalled the Dji go 4 app and still no graphical indicators in the ITS. I will try and get hold of another Tab A and see if i can isolate the issue to maybe just this tablet....strange when i set it up out of the box a few weeks ago all was fine....will keep you updated....Cheers

Please keep me posted, at least we know that it's not necessarily an issue with the aircraft or app itself. Do you recall updating any software on the Tab A or adding more apps lately to where the memory capacity could be affecting the app?
2017-1-30
Use props
OZIROGUE
lvl.1
Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-30 11:24
Please keep me posted, at least we know that it's not necessarily an issue with the aircraft or app itself. Do you recall updating any software on the Tab A or adding more apps lately to where the memory capacity could be affecting the app?

Hi Jamie, no the only updates performed were when the device was unpacked and booted for the first time. It was primarily purchased for the aircraft and nothing else. I have only added the Dji Go 4 app to this device, how would memory capacity affect the Dji app ? As indicated prior the app was fine upon first use.
2017-1-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

OZIROGUE Posted at 2017-1-30 19:36
Hi Jamie, no the only updates performed were when the device was unpacked and booted for the first time. It was primarily purchased for the aircraft and nothing else. I have only added the Dji Go 4 app to this device, how would memory capacity affect the Dji app ? As indicated prior the app was fine upon first use.

If there's not enough memory, the unit may not have enough processing power left in the RAM to run the app smoothly. If the Go app is the only app you have, this wouldn't likely to be the case.
2017-1-30
Use props
kerrylaw
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-30 20:34
If there's not enough memory, the unit may not have enough processing power left in the RAM to run the app smoothly. If the Go app is the only app you have, this wouldn't likely to be the case.

I have the same issue.  Mine has never worked either.  P3P, Started at v2.4.3 and now in v3.1.3.     
2017-3-3
Use props
kerrylaw
lvl.2

United States

kerrylaw Posted at 2017-3-3 22:28
[view_image]

I have the same issue.  Mine has never worked either.  P3P, Started at v2.4.3 and now in v3.1.3.

Sorry for the double post!   Dang!!
20161119_185435.jpg
20161119_185435.jpg
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

kerrylaw Posted at 2017-3-3 22:34

I'm sorry if this was missed, but what kind of mobile device are you using?
2017-3-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

OZIROGUE Posted at 2017-1-30 19:36

Were you able to get it sorted or does this persist?
2017-3-4
Use props
Chris_A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6142 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, I'm pretty new to DJI and indeed drones in general. On purchasing my Phantom 3 Advanced I noticed the same issue (in regards to the real-time channel status indicators within the 'Channel Transmission Settings' screen). My connected device at the time was a Samsung Tab E (running Android 4.0). This issue was bugging me for a while (everything else looked okay - just the channel status information was clearly wrong). I decided to connect my Samsung S7 (running Android 7.0) and all kicked into life (real-time channel information was being displayed). I hope this is of use

Laterz C
2018-1-14
Use props
Chris_A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6142 ft
United Kingdom

kerrylaw Posted at 2017-3-3 22:34

I had the same issue running on Android 4.0, then I changed my device (Android 7.0) all starting working as expected.
2018-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules