SSD Inspire 2
3564 11 2017-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7a5dcffe
New
  • >>>
Australia

Hey Guys just unboxed my SSD and card reader for my Inspire2 .
Very impressed with the quality but shocked I can only write Pro Res or CinemaDg to the SSD.
I would have thught i could have written 2.6K or normal 4K and Photos to the SSD as well .
Am i missing something?
2017-1-25
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

No - why are you shocked? How do you do two parallel high speed writes to the same media? Can you write two lines simultaneously with the same pen in one hand?
2017-1-25
Use props
fans7a5dcffe
New
  • >>>
Australia

i dont want to do two high speed writes but if i just wanted a lower resolution written to the SSD that should be possible
I think you missed my point.
2017-1-26
Use props
dldp-sp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans7a5dcffe Posted at 2017-1-26 02:31
i dont want to do two high speed writes but if i just wanted a lower resolution written to the SSD that should be possible
I think you missed my point.

Why would you want to do that? That is what your SD card is for. From my understanding, you can write to both at the same time.

Regards,
Tom
2017-1-26
Use props
Ale
lvl.4
Flight distance : 155059 ft
Italy

Your stuff is from DJI or from another retailer? Just for curiosity (I have a couple of orders pending from DJI...)
2017-1-26
Use props
fans28aba396
lvl.1
United States

dldp-sp Posted at 2017-1-26 03:18
Why would you want to do that? That is what your SD card is for. From my understanding, you can write to both at the same time.

Regards,

I think he's interested, as I am, in exploiting the greater capacity of the SSD card for lower resolution formats.
2017-1-26
Use props
DaveDotNet
lvl.3
Flight distance : 53340 ft
United Kingdom

Found this in the FAQ for the X5S. It doesn't answer why.. but it seems pretty definitive

JPEG and DNG pictures (not including RAW images captured in Burst Mode) and videos recorded in H.264 and H.265 codecs are saved to the Micro SD card, while RAW images captured in Burst Mode are stored in the DJI CINESSD. After unlocking using a DJI Inspire 2 License Key, CinemaDNG and Apple ProRes videos will be saved in the DJI CINESSD.
2017-1-26
Use props
fans7a5dcffe
New
  • >>>
Australia

Ale Posted at 2017-1-26 04:13
Your stuff is from DJI or from another retailer? Just for curiosity (I have a couple of orders pending from DJI...)

No Rise Above I pre ordered the combo the week the I2 was released.
2017-1-27
Use props
fans7a5dcffe
New
  • >>>
Australia

Ale Posted at 2017-1-26 04:13

No Rise Above  I pre ordered the combo the week the I2 was released.
2017-1-27
Use props
fans7a5dcffe
New
  • >>>
Australia

DaveDotNet Posted at 2017-1-26 05:26
Found this in the FAQ for the X5S. It doesn't answer why.. but it seems pretty definitive

JPEG and DNG pictures (not including RAW images captured in Burst Mode) and videos recorded in H.264 and H.265 codecs are saved to the Micro SD card, while RAW images captured in Burst Mode are stored in the DJI CINESSD. After unlocking using a DJI Inspire 2 License Key, CinemaDNG and Apple ProRes videos will be saved in the DJI CINESSD.

Yes it does record to both and is no deal breaker. In actual fact you can't write to the SSD without the SD card installed..
I just thought you would have flexibility to allow the lower formats to be written to the SSD as well .
2017-1-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It is correct that you can only save ProRes and CinemaDNG videos to the SSD. Those are the ones that take up the most space and require the faster write speeds to use. For the other formats, a good quality 128 GB SD card would suffice.
2017-1-27
Use props
Mims
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1686991 ft
  • >>>
United States

Figured out the problem for not recording: You MUST have the SD card inserted as well.
2017-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules