Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dog training recorded using Active Tracking with the Mavic Pro
2461 4 2017-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
enc3phalon
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Although, not perfect, I am really impressed with the active tracking feature of the mavic pro. I can now work on my training sessions without someone following us with a camera.

With this video, the winds were going up to around 30mph. The app was kind enough to give me a warning to fly with caution because of the wind velocity as well as giving me a low temperature warning. I am still stunned at how stable the mavic was on that day. It's not apparent, but if you look carefully at my trackie bottoms you can sometimes see the wind literally trying to yank my pants off, lol.

This video was taken on a much calmer day, with the mavic quite a distance away. It stilll was able to keep track of me from the distance. the video has been zoomed in a bit ranging between 100% to 280%. The video quality is still pretty good considering the amount we have zoomed in on certain scenes.

Hope you enjoy the videos. Btw, the dog in both videos is Simmie, who I adopted from a rescue home when she was just a pup. She was a classic case of a puppy suffering from Pre-natal Trauma, and would show fear based aggression to anyone who approached her. It has been a long journey to gain her trust and build up on her confidence but we are getting there.
2017-1-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice, glad you adopted a rescue. I have 2 as well although my dogs don't case about drones and they don't even look at them why I'm flying at the park.
The Mavic is an amazing aircraft, glad you are enjoying it.
2017-1-26
Use props
Fast-oppie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92 ft
Netherlands

very nice video and and a beautiful dog;-))
2017-1-26
Use props
PimpDawg
First Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

Awesome pup! I adopted a Mastiff (big dog!) rescue about 7 years ago and he's been the best dog anyone could ask for.
2017-1-26
Use props
NoSale
lvl.4
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

Good application for Active Track.  Nicely illustrated.

I have had similar ideas for a different dog sport that has been popular in the US for over 40 years, Japan for 30+ years, and quickly growing and expanding across the EU since 2001.  It is just starting to make a few appearances in the UK.

The aerial vantage point, combined with tracking on the human working with the dog, will provide a completely different perspective than a standard spectator would experience.

Wonder how it would be using active track on directed on a working breed dog doing sheep herding trials.  That would be very interesting; although the distance from the herd would need to be considered.
2017-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules