'Here' maps not cached.
1112 6 2017-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Noyag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 857946 ft
Netherlands

By no means I am able to see any maps anymore in the DJI Go app. It only shows 'here'. And that's it. Today I specifically viewed the area at home where I have wifi. As soon as I turn it on in the field, it's gone.
Very frustrating since it worked fine with the Google maps.
Is there a solution for this already, other than going back to a previous version of DJI Go?

I have a Galaxy Tab A as well as a NVIDIA Shield K1. Both have this problem and bot are without cellular data (or even a SIM card).
2017-1-26
Use props
Rob Fontenot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 250197 ft
United States

If you go into the settings menu for the HERE app, there is an option to download maps and use them offline.  I don't have any problem using HERE maps while flying with no internet or cell connectivity.  I fly with the Nvidia Shield, but I don't think it matters.
2017-1-26
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Rob Fontenot Posted at 2017-1-26 13:14
If you go into the settings menu for the HERE app, there is an option to download maps and use them offline.  I don't have any problem using HERE maps while flying with no internet or cell connectivity.  I fly with the Nvidia Shield, but I don't think it matters.

The Here app should have nothing to do with the Go app. In other works the Go app gets it map from the internet directly, not via the Here app, the Here app is not required for it to work.
2017-1-26
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Are you connecting to your home wifi on your device with the Go app loaded. And then go to the camera page to load the map screen?
2017-1-26
Use props
Noyag
lvl.4
Netherlands

WilliamM Posted at 2017-1-26 13:51
Are you connecting to your home wifi on your device with the Go app loaded. And then go to the camera page to load the map screen?

Yes, I connect to my home wifi with the tablet. (Did not turn on the Phantom.) I load the Go app and enlarge the map. I scroll to, zoom in and out all the area where I am going to fly, so I have all the tiles and such. I do not even close the app.
In the field: all is gone.

I just tried to reproduce this, by turning of wifi and starting up the Phantom and all. Now the maps are there, even without wifi.
But in the field, last 4-5 times, I do not have any maps at all.
2017-1-26
Use props
timbo
lvl.2
United States

are you nevermindyourown, I am subscribed to you on youtube
2017-1-26
Use props
Noyag
lvl.4
Netherlands