Lost my inspire 1 in Royal Ascot Hong Kong
12Next >
5234 52 2015-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
martin00136
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Hello everyone, I wanted to share my very unfortunate experience with the forum. I purchased an Inspire 1 this past sat. Flew it three times with no problems whatsoever; a truly incredible machine. Today however, I decided to take it up for a for a short flight before sunset. I climbed to about 7om and was no more than 500m away when she stopped responding to any impute on the control. The display camera went black and it displayed 'lost signal' on my ipad app. I pressed the return home button on both my ipad and the remote control hopes that she would return but she just not responding. There was some trees blocking the view I cannot see it clearly which direction was it heading. I waited for about twenty minutes to see if it would return on its own as it is supposed to, but nothing. It didnt climb up to search for signal or whatsoever, it just gone suddenly. I got in my car and searched for hours to no avail. I honestly still can not believe what happened and that my bird is gone. For the record I consider myself to be a decent pilot and I am always very diligent with my preflight checks.  I am not new to the DJI family as I have owned a Phantom before upgrading to the Inspire 1.  Before, taking off I calibrated the compass, my IMU was within normal parameters, I had acquired GPS, everything fully charged... etc. I'm not sure how this could have happened but it is truly devastating, not to mention expensive. Lost my inspire 1 in Royal Ascot Hong Kong
2015-2-18
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I'm really sorry to hear that. I feel for your loss. Its somewhat alarming that this should happen. The distances you specified don't see extreme. Unfortunately, we'll never know exactly what happened without the logs.  I presume you were running all the latest firmware and program updates on the tablet?

Could it have been the transmitter? If the iPad went black at the same time it stopped responding, it could be the common link.
2015-2-18
Use props
shakyamunifilms
lvl.2

United States

Holy crap. There was a post on this forum entailing th exact same events.
If you can search far enough back, the OPs name is 'dearmas'
I still don't know what DJI is doing about this.
Lucky enough for that pilot, an EXTREMELEY kind hearted person found and returned it to him.
Really an amazing story.

I'm so sorry to hat about this unfortunate occurrence.  I hope you can get this issue resolved and that DJI works with you diligently
2015-2-18
Use props
franknesss
lvl.2

United States

I know it's sort of useless at this point. But in case you do get your bird back, I would recommend adding a GPS tracker to it. I personally purchased the Trackimo tracker. It arrives today.

I purchased a 3yr service for $17USD. I'm not sure about the service in HK, but it would seem worth looking into if you ever get another Inspire 1 or find your current one.

Good luck
2015-2-18
Use props
kilowong.gmail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20741 ft
Singapore

So sorry to hear that.  I m on hk too.  Hope u will be able to find it back like the lucky owner before.
2015-2-18
Use props
martin00136
lvl.1

Hong Kong

lethbrp Posted at 2015-2-19 00:19
I'm really sorry to hear that. I feel for your loss. Its somewhat alarming that this should happen.  ...

There was no warning before losing it's signal, it just went off suddenly.
The app on ipad is up to date I just download it few days ago.
Maybe the transmitter I don't know... Maybe someone hacked it...
2015-2-18
Use props
martin00136
lvl.1

Hong Kong

shakyamunifilms Posted at 2015-2-19 00:21
If you can search far eno ...

I read that too.... he was so lucky..
I hope the same will happen to me..
Thanks anyways
2015-2-18
Use props
martin00136
lvl.1

Hong Kong

franknesss Posted at 2015-2-19 00:22
I know it's sort of useless at this point. But in case you do get your bird back, I would recommend  ...

Thanks for the advice
2015-2-18
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

shakyamunifilms Posted at 2015-2-19 00:21
If you can search far eno ...

I was about to say the same thing... Did the OP just copied and pasted the post.. Because i swear to GOD i saw the exact same words in another post a few days ago....
2015-2-18
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
United States

And here its the post by dearmas

Hello everyone, I wanted to share my very unfortunate experience with the forum. I purchased an Inspire 1 this past Monday. Flew it three times with no problems whatsoever; a truly incredible machine. Last night however, I decided to take it up for a for a short flight after dinner. I climbed to about 75ft and was no more than 50 yards away when she stopped responding to any impute on the control. I pressed the return home button in hopes that she would return but she just continued heading south. Eventually, it was completely out of sight. I waiting for about twenty minutes to see if it would return on its own as it is supposed to, but nothing. I got in my car and searched for hours to no avail. I honestly still can not believe what happened and that my bird is gone. For the record I consider myself to be a decent pilot and I am always very diligent with my preflight checks.  I am not new to the DJI family as I have owned two Phantoms before upgrading to the Inspire 1. I have also owned and flown many gas and electric helis and planes over the years. Before, taking off I calibrated the compass, my IMU was within normal parameters, I had acquired GPS, everything fully charged... etc. I'm not sure how this could have happened but it is truly devastating, not to mention expensive.
2015-2-18
Use props
martin00136
lvl.1

Hong Kong

ronnydsosa@gmai Posted at 2015-2-19 00:54

yes i did.. same shit happened and i am not in the mood to type it all out again.
I just edit some points
2015-2-18
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
United States

Oh, well  i hope u find your bird back, but i find it hard for anyone, DJI/Support to take you serious after you just copied and pasted someone else's ordeal...
2015-2-18
Use props
TheFlyGuy
lvl.2

Israel

Dji!!
How it happen!?? with a drone so expensive that should have a fail safe when connection went wrong!

To many core issues with the current firmware, people losing the craft, Inspire shutdown mid air, GPS signal lost after take off, craft take off by itself, what more??

And still not a word from DJI!

I don't get it, the controller is more or less the A2, how it happens?! no safety feature of the inspire works as should be.
2015-2-18
Use props
MJDMike
lvl.3

United States

martin00136@yah Posted at 2015-2-19 00:58
yes i did.. same shit happened and i am not in the mood to type it all out again.
I just edit some ...

Difficult to believe that this happened and you don't have the energy to express in your own words.  Just saying...
2015-2-18
Use props
martin00136
lvl.1

Hong Kong

TheFlyGuy Posted at 2015-2-19 01:07
Dji!!
How it happen!?? with a drone so expensive that should have a fail safe when connection went w ...

Inspire shutdown mid air?! really?!
That's intense.
2015-2-18
Use props
martin00136
lvl.1

Hong Kong

MJDMike Posted at 2015-2-19 01:11
Difficult to believe that this happened and you don't have the energy to express in your own words ...

Well actually i sent them separated email..
Happy now?
2015-2-18
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

I feel like DJI's competitors are posting on here to make the Inspire look bad.  Can anybody honestly say that if their
Inspire flew away they would search for someone else's post, copy it and paste it, then slightly edit to fit their situation?   
2015-2-18
Use props
martin00136
lvl.1

Hong Kong

method007 Posted at 2015-2-19 01:28
I feel like DJI's competitors are posting on here to make the Inspire look bad.  Can anybody honestl ...

If I am the competitor of dji, i will type out a wondering story which looks like 100% real only for u
2015-2-18
Use props
martin00136
lvl.1

Hong Kong

martin00136@yah Posted at 2015-2-19 01:33
If I am the competitor of dji, i will type out a wondering story which looks like 100% real only f ...

i am just trying to warn you guys!
This shit is real and it might happen to you next time when your inspire takes off
2015-2-18
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

MJDMike Posted at 2015-2-19 01:11
Difficult to believe that this happened and you don't have the energy to express in your own words ...

Makes you go hummmmm..... If that happened to me and I hope it don't!!!!!!! Knock on wood!!! I surely wouldn't be looking for a post to copy as I would have plenty to say about that ordeal in my own words!!! Lol Hell at that point I'm gonna be typing and probably sitting for a min to let those feelings settle down and then look at it again to make sure that's what I want to say!

Everyone's situation is going to be different and I don't think I can put allot of value in this post knowing that someone copied and re edited it and posted that!!!!

Sorry if you did loose your inspire but just take a step back and look how that looks to everyone reading this post. You don't have 15-30 minutes to write out a post in your own words? Well I'm done with this and can't say I will click on this post again for any reason!!!!

My 2 zinc cents worth.....
Mike
2015-2-18
Use props
TheFlyGuy
lvl.2

Israel

I feel like DJI's competitors are posting on here to make the Inspire look bad.

Honestly if it was something out of the blue that had never happen before i would say ok maybe, but that is not the first time, people here talking about lots of issues with video connections suddenly cut off, GPS connection issues, Inspire go to ATTI and doesn't react to the remote commands or try to go against the remote commands, etc.

We all know that there is something not 100% with that firmware (hope it's only a software issue).

This guy just lost his 3K Inspire, try to be more understandable for his situation. this forum should be that place to share so we all have a chance to learn or be aware.
2015-2-18
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
United States

ronnydsosa@gmai Posted at 2015-2-19 00:54

UNREAL!!!!!!!
2015-2-18
Use props
jhogge
lvl.2

United States

This is terrifying.

DJI any comment?
2015-2-18
Use props
michael-dicker.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5134951 ft
Germany

I'd like to block this user as he is a fraud. Any ideas how to?
If he had a problem he would talk to the dji service, he is trying to play us.
2015-2-18
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
United States

michael-dicker. Posted at 2015-2-19 03:06
I'd like to block this user as he is a fraud. Any ideas how to?
If he had a problem he would talk to ...

Or stir trouble where it's not needed!!!
2015-2-18
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501175 ft
United States

Doesn't always lose a $3000.00 item, but when he does, he only cares enough to copy and paste about it.. Right... Sorry, I don't believe you.  
2015-2-18
Use props
dennis.aerialpe
lvl.3
United States

method007 Posted at 2015-2-19 01:28
I feel like DJI's competitors are posting on here to make the Inspire look bad.  Can anybody honestl ...

Mine has not flown away but I have lost connection .to the inspire a few times and gps has flaked in and out on a few flights.  There are issues.  never had any of these problems in hundreds of phantom 2 flights.
2015-2-18
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I guess regardless what happened, what we all should be thinking about is the lack of intelligent support from DJI.
I think you guys all missed the boat and should really be wondering about the rest of the issues that clearly need to be sorted out.
Just because you have not had an event doesn't mean you won't.
Pretty shitty that I guy cannot even fly and take photos and video without being paranoid if this expensive device is going to bugger off......
Think some peeps are to damn hard on others.
In addition I do not think the competition needs to post anything of the sorts, DJI has done a fine job of making themselves look like the skid mark in the underpants of the drone society, they did this to themselves..........
2015-2-18
Use props
method007
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Visual Air Posted at 2015-2-19 04:51
I guess regardless what happened, what we all should be thinking about is the lack of intelligent su ...

Your in the wrong thread partner.  This one is about someone lying about crashing an Inspire.
2015-2-18
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
United States

Well if anyone hasn't noticed there hasn't been allot of moderators giving there opinions or comments a few here and there but nothing like when we first got started. I think most of the them are hard at work flying and testing so that the next firmware update will fix allot of these bugs if wanna call them that.

Well I expected there to be some problems at the start with a totally new product. I haven't really encountered many of the problems that have happened but like VA said that doesn't mean I won't either! I think DJI is working on fixing these issues and I'm sure it takes time so like most of you I have been flying some and really waiting for some major update to come out before I really stretch her leggs

This guy coping a pasting a post is just an example of what some are willing to do, to either keep everybody in the dumps so to speak. So that maybe another product looks more appealing or what ever!! I think DJI has a quality product that just needs a few tweaks not a big deal in my book. I think it was great that "martin00136 " was identified. This group doesn't need anymore bad news that's isn't true!

Someone here also said that if you were not ready to buy a brand new product knowing that it would probably have a few bumps in the road you probably should have just waited. As with any new product getting released there are usually bumps in the road lol. I use to work at Boeing on there 787 program and it had some bumps in the road for sure but its a damn good airplane and having worked on planes for 30+ years I know just a few things about them. So buying anything cutting edge you have to be willing to take those bumps up front or you should have probably have waited with the other guys and gals that can't handle that as well that are waiting to buy once this all gets worked out....

All in all I'm still happy with my purchase of an Inspire 1 and look forward to all the years flying it

Mike
2015-2-18
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

method007 Posted at 2015-2-19 05:30
Your in the wrong thread partner.  This one is about someone lying about crashing an Inspire.

Don't insult my intelligence......
Your tune will change when your inspire drops out of the sky, that's if of course if you even own one.
So shut the f---- up!
The title did not say about lying about a fly away, perhaps YOU should read before YOU speak.....
2015-2-18
Use props
method007
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Visual Air Posted at 2015-2-19 05:42
Don't insult my intelligence......
Your tune will change when your inspire drops out of the sky, t ...

The title isn't as important as the reality of the situation.  I expect that if you're approaching DJI with the same self control your showing on this forum, your experience with them is rightfully going to be poor.  Calm down, stop insulting people, and I bet you get much better customer service.  Also, still, this thread is now about the original poster making up a story that most likely never happened.  
2015-2-18
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
United States

method007 Posted at 2015-2-19 06:09
The title isn't as important as the reality of the situation.  I expect that if you're approaching ...

Right, Just makes you wonder if there are anymore of those kind of posts on here! I would like to think not!!!!!
2015-2-18
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Visual Air Posted at 2015-2-19 04:51
I guess regardless what happened, what we all should be thinking about is the lack of intelligent su ...

i agree and i am a fanboy for DJI. Inspire needs LOTs of work
2015-2-18
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

This kind of thing does happen. It's called "astrotufing" sometimes.
2015-2-18
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

Where is Dronebutt when you need him?

2015-2-18
Use props
mhervey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 324843 ft
United States

franknesss Posted at 2015-2-19 00:22
I know it's sort of useless at this point. But in case you do get your bird back, I would recommend  ...

These stories are freaking me out.  I am now convinced that a tracking device is an essential investment.  I've seen many people recommend Marco Polo but the Trackimo device looks much sleeker.  Do you have any feedback on your experience with it and how have you attached it to your Inspire 1? I understand it comes with velcro strip.
2015-2-18
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

gwhiz2k Posted at 2015-2-19 09:04
This kind of thing does happen. It's called "astrotufing" sometimes.

http://www.cnet.com/news/samsung ... g-rival-htc-online/

Like I said, I think what's happening here is people spreading FUD (Fear Uncertainty and Doubt) about the Inspire.

Sure, there are a few legitimate issues, some of which we've seen pictures of here. However, there are definitely a few that are being dishonest to spread FUD, as has been obvious here.

I've also noticed a few on here who don't even own an Inspire, yet show up with nothing but negative posts. The Facebook groups are full of people who are reporting mostly good experiences.
2015-2-18
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

martin00136@yah Posted at 2015-2-19 00:58
I just edit some ...

"Type it all out again"? So are you insinuating that you wrote the first post you copied from? Because that person was from Florida. You're in Hong Kong.

Somebody got some 'splainin' to do.
2015-2-18
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

Well said. You see it everywhere these days.  Many Amazon reviews are full of such attempts.  Some people do it for fun and some do it as competitors.  Either way it results in legitimate issues not being given the attention they deserve.

Dan
2015-2-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules