Very impressed with this cheap Antenna booster!!!!
2272 14 2017-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Svt04cobra
lvl.2
United States

VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE SKYREAT ANTENNA BOOSTER FOR $16.99!!!. Quick run down. I never had the chance to test my brand new store bought P4P for distance. I had the camera gimbal issue and immediately sent it in for repair. I was sent back a "brand new P4P" as I called and verified this on 2 different occasions. Best I was able to net with this P4P was 750 meters distance at 70 meters high in my area. Then I did the Config file in my DJI app to open my app up to 32 channels. This improved my distance to almost 1200 meters with no other changes. Then I got these antenna boosters. I was looking at replacing my antennas with better ones to give me better range. Saw a YouTube video of a guy testing these things and how it pushed the wasted signal forward (simply physics) and increase the output on a meter!!!! I went a full mile and still didn't have any signs of signal loss!!! Very impressed with these things!!!!! Don't have any indorsements nor do I have any gains from this. Just letting everyone know my experience with these things and how impressed I am. was looking at a much more expensive upgrade with better Antennas and having to crack open my controller. When I saw a video comparison between the power antenna's for more $$$ and these, there wasn't much of a difference in the amount of distance you can gain. Best bang for the buck!!
2017-1-26
Use props
RSW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116736 ft
United States

I presume you are referring to one of the parabolic reflectors for sale, I bought them too, for some really long flights I was planning in Hawaii. I never used them. I did some long flights, including a flight distance of 1.6 miles without a signal warning or even a concerning low signal indicator. From what I have read, if the parabolic reflectors are installed, it is important that you do indeed direct them like shining a flashlight. However, with properly oriented antennae you may not need them under most reasonable circumstances.
2017-1-26
Use props
timbo
lvl.2
United States

I bought a cheap one off ebay for $6, it did not fit well so I had to dremel the holes bigger. I flew out 2 miles the other day on my p3a. I could have kept going but I got scared and brought it back.
2017-1-26
Use props
Svt04cobra
lvl.2
United States

timbo Posted at 2017-1-26 15:08
I bought a cheap one off ebay for $6, it did not fit well so I had to dremel the holes bigger. I flew out 2 miles the other day on my p3a. I could have kept going but I got scared and brought it back. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srIYXcyqnU4

Very cool!!! I'm quite happy with mine!!! fit perfect and worked right out of the box!!!
2017-1-26
Use props
rparge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 173852 ft
Canada

Svt04cobra Posted at 2017-1-26 16:44
Very cool!!! I'm quite happy with mine!!! fit perfect and worked right out of the box!!!

First, thanks for all the contributions you make on this forum, your posts are great.

Question for you - are you pointing the antennas on a 45 degree angle, or straight up when using these?

Thanks!
2017-1-26
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

I swear the parabolic reflectors give me between 5-20 % depending on conditions. One negative thing, you REALLY have to be conscious where your drone is, and point your boosters at it - but it DOES make a diff. I had a few times where I came back toward me a bit high, which caused the drone to lose signal right above me - had to wait for it to come close, or take booster off, then cancel RTH and bring it in manually (I do not like to let RTH all the way to the ground).
2017-1-26
Use props
Svt04cobra
lvl.2
United States

rparge Posted at 2017-1-26 19:35
First, thanks for all the contributions you make on this forum, your posts are great.

Question for you - are you pointing the antennas on a 45 degree angle, or straight up when using these?

Straight up. Always want to point the signal towards the drone for best signal strength.
2017-1-27
Use props
Svt04cobra
lvl.2
United States

Phantomski Posted at 2017-1-26 20:00
I swear the parabolic reflectors give me between 5-20 % depending on conditions. One negative thing, you REALLY have to be conscious where your drone is, and point your boosters at it - but it DOES make a diff. I had a few times where I came back toward me a bit high, which caused the drone to lose signal right above me - had to wait for it to come close, or take booster off, then cancel RTH and bring it in manually (I do not like to let RTH all the way to the ground).

Good info thanks!!! I agree also. I don't like to RTH to the ground. I'll usually stop it as soon as I have control again.
2017-1-27
Use props
Sako_P4P
lvl.4
Flight distance : 509816 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can you guys put a link here  where you got it from? I bought one from ebay $14. and does not feet on my p4p antennas.
2017-1-28
Use props
Svt04cobra
lvl.2
United States

Sako_P4P Posted at 2017-1-28 11:08
Can you guys put a link here  where you got it from? I bought one from ebay $14. and does not feet on my p4p antennas.

This is where I bought mine....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2017-1-28
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

Trouble is with that set they make the antenna point downwards because the plastic back hits the controller not allowing the antenna to angle right back, these are far better, I moved the antenna holders down 10mm and can be angled right back
https://www.dropbox.com/s/va02ok ... 2011.19.35.png?dl=0
2017-1-29
Use props
Svt04cobra
lvl.2
United States

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2017-1-29 05:04
Trouble is with that set they make the antenna point downwards because the plastic back hits the controller not allowing the antenna to angle right back, these are far better, I moved the antenna holders down 10mm and can be angled right back
https://www.dropbox.com/s/va02okkn8o4qz0k/2016-12-24%2011.19.35.png?dl=0

Those are not bad either. Someone had asked where I bought mine so I posted the link. There are a lot of companies that make these. My point to everything is these do work. I can attest! I've posted a lot about not getting range even before I researched these. All I know is if you buy any version of these they work great!!
2017-1-31
Use props
Dead66
lvl.1

United States

Can you tell me more about "the config file"? How can I learn about that?
2017-1-31
Use props
Svt04cobra
lvl.2
United States

Dead66 Posted at 2017-1-31 18:03
Can you tell me more about "the config file"? How can I learn about that?

Yes sir. I have a thread started here already. http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D386%26typeid%3D386

Or you can search google or YouTube for 32 channels on DJI GO 4 app and tons of info will come up.
2017-2-1
Use props
meedz24
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1916 ft
Canada

Just ordered a set woo!
2017-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules